The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 October 2019, 09:53 PM   #1
UKDan
"TRF" Member

Milgauss Spotted - London AD Window

Just spotted a Milgauss in Watches of Switzerland at Bank, London in the window. First SS model I've seen in a London in AD in years.

Thought I'd post incase anyone is looking for one!

Cheers
UKDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 10:10 PM   #2
dj-dulux
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Diver
Its mad, I got mine this time last year and I found 2 local dealers with them, picked one up and all good. Not seen one in UK since like you say....

Dupe...
dj-dulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 10:13 PM   #3
Evad3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m/216570
Insane that even Milgauss and Explorer II aren't available in AD's anymore, they were always the easy ones to find
Old 23 October 2019, 10:38 PM   #4
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
Spotted one also in an AD in Spain a few days ago,
Black GV. €7550.
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 10:56 PM   #5
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

A reality check for sure. Makes you realise how times have changed. We are now thinking it worthy of note to shout out if we spot a ss and/or sports model of any description. We are certainly having to set our sights lower these days.

I was in an AD earlier today just browsing the empty cases and discussing the weather. They pulled out a rose gold Cellini dual time on crocodile strap for me to have a closer look at. It was the star piece in the boutique. I asked about wait times for a 36mm blue dial datejust on jubilee out of curiosity as my son has an 18th coming up in 2 years time. They couldn't promise me that I would get one in time.

I would be very surprised if Rolex would think this acceptable. I strongly believe these AD's have very different agendas these days. If you walked into an AP dealership it would be a very different experience imho.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2019, 11:02 PM   #6
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the heads up OP and potentially helping fellow TRF-ers.

It is though amazing that through a combination of good marketing, the current economic climate, the advent of social media and associated "look at me!" culture and pure happenstance, one of the traditionally least desirable Rolex professional models is now so scarce that folk will post about spotting one when they see it.
Old 24 October 2019, 12:42 AM   #7
VegasMilgauss
"TRF" Member

Bittersweet to see.
VegasMilgauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 12:56 AM   #8
omx5o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
I presume it was put on display by accident.
omx5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 01:02 AM   #9
playford
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 59 View Post
A reality check for sure. Makes you realise how times have changed. We are now thinking it worthy of note to shout out if we spot a ss and/or sports model of any description. We are certainly having to set our sights lower these days.

I was in an AD earlier today just browsing the empty cases and discussing the weather. They pulled out a rose gold Cellini dual time on crocodile strap for me to have a closer look at. It was the star piece in the boutique. I asked about wait times for a 36mm blue dial datejust on jubilee out of curiosity as my son has an 18th coming up in 2 years time. They couldn't promise me that I would get one in time.

I would be very surprised if Rolex would think this acceptable. I strongly believe these AD's have very different agendas these days. If you walked into an AP dealership it would be a very different experience imho.

Cheap flight to hong kong, walk out of shop with watch.

Oz just seems an insane market.
playford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 01:11 AM   #10
Dmac8
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
I also saw one in WoS Canary Wharf on Monday.
Dmac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 01:16 AM   #11
pepsiretail
Banned

Quote:

I saw multiple blue Datejust 36 this week in the case, as usual.

Also I understand your first point but it somehow implies the Milgauss not a real professional and is a lowered expectation purchase, which is wrong on both counts and a little offensive.
pepsiretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 02:12 AM   #12
Magicmerlin
"TRF" Member

spotted one in HK airport 2 weeks ago flying out. Also a friend of mine took me to a couple of "grey" dealers in town, now i know why i was wasting my time going into many AD's
Magicmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 10:40 AM   #13
medtner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDan View Post
Just spotted a Milgauss in Watches of Switzerland at Bank, London in the window. First SS model I've seen in a London in AD in years.

Cheers
Saw one in Stockholm, blue. Was told that it was not eligible for VAT refund
medtner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 04:40 PM   #14
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDan View Post

Cheers
Yep, it’s a z blue and still there. Last week they had a black exp 2...

Maybe things are looking up!
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 04:43 PM   #15
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Rolex is loving every bit of this. And good luck getting a basic SS AP of any kind at retail if you'[re having trouble getting a Rolex.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2019, 09:06 PM   #16
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Yep, it’s a z blue and still there. Last week they had a black exp 2...

Maybe things are looking up!
My bad - it’s a black one. Apologies. They sold the z blue late yesterday.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote