The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 January 2016, 04:36 AM   #1
flumazenil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tog TT GMT TT SD4K
Hong Kong March 4-7

I will be visiting Hong Kong in March. Any members who live there have any advice as to where to stay, eat, visit, etc...? Good places for used authentic Rolex?

Thanks,

Henry
Old 23 January 2016, 05:12 AM   #2
dualcarb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lover
Many places to look for used rolexes. I am sure Adam will chime in soon. As for me, I do like window shopping around the Tsim Sha Tsui area. Particularly at Champagne court on Kimberly road. Loads of shops selling straps too. One of the biggest collections of used Rolex are available at union watch. Can check out their website, Google Union classic watch HK. But you have to go see it in the metal to really appreciate the range of watches that they have.

Many ADs along Nathan road, which is the main road which busses run along. Loads of MTR stations too, which is similar to the subway in NYC, only much easier to figure out.

I would recommend staying at the Marco Polo gateway hotel on Canton road, which is adjacent to a mall with a food court and many other restaurants to choose from. A short walk will bring you to the avenue of the stars and The Tsim Sha Tsui ferry pier. A quick ferry ride will bring you to Central, which is the CBD of HK.

Loads of street food available in mongkok, which is just a few stops away by MTR from Tsim Sha Tsui.

Another hotel that I would recommend is the Mira hotel which is just next to Champagne court where the second hand watch shops are.

Good luck and let me know if you require further information.

Patrick
Old 23 January 2016, 09:42 AM   #3
flumazenil
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the responses!
Old 23 January 2016, 01:33 PM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
What Patrick said, plus the Holiday Inn Golden Mile is also good as there are a few vintage dealers in the entrance area, and several in the near vicinity. Used and vintage watch shops are everywhere but the greatest concentration in a small area is Kwong Wah Street in Yau Ma Tei.
Old 23 January 2016, 01:46 PM   #5
themaninblack
"TRF" Member

Agree with above but I prefer stay in Central on Hong Kong island, it's a good deal less chaotic but still plenty to see and a very quick subway ride over to Kowloon on the MTR. Hard to beat the Mandarin Oriental.
Old 4 February 2016, 03:16 PM   #6
silverbullet818
"TRF" Member

I've stayed at both the Mandarin Oriental and the Marco Polo Gateway hotel. Each very different in their offerings. Each have their strengths.
Old 4 February 2016, 06:15 PM   #7
EE33
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613 16710 116520
Shall we make it a gtg during this period?

Punctuality is the courtesy shown only by Kings

Dalip: "GTG posts are worthless without pics, absolutely worthless"
Old 5 February 2016, 12:28 PM   #8
Star Ferry
Banned

After a great Cantonese dinner at Man Wah at the Mandarin Oriental last night, I find it hard not to recommend the hotel. I have a lot of respect for their high standard of service.

For a good tourist experience and Rolex shopping, I think Tsim Sha Tsui is hard to beat. I recommend the areas around the Star Ferry Pier and 1881 Heritage, as well as Mody Road and Nathan Road (yeah, there are too many hawkers, but still check it out).

To that end the Peninsula is nicely situated as well. For what it's worth, my father-in-law has switched his preference from the Peninsula to the Mandarin Oriental. He thinks the Peninsula has too many unruly tourists crowding in for afternoon tea - he's from Shanghai, so I don't take it lightly when he calls something crowded.

Other stuff you might want to check out

Lantau Island: First Ferry can get you there
Peak Tram: This will take you to the top of Victoria Peak
Hong Kong Tramways: Nice way to traverse HK Island
Night Market and Ladies' Market
Old 12 February 2016, 10:55 AM   #9
flumazenil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE33 View Post
Shall we make it a gtg during this period?
I would very much like to meet some of you who live in HK. I am looking at staying at the Mira Moon or someplace close by. Will be available for gtg on the 5th or 6th.
Old 3 April 2018, 07:33 PM   #10
FabC
"TRF" Member

A warning about Union watch on Kimberly:

Not sure if Union Classic Watch sells replica watches, but what I am sure is that they sell some faulty watches. In January 2018, I bought there a 2017 pam422 with a faulty seconds hand. At first they didn’t even reply my messages. When I came back to the shop, they refused to admit the problem and told me if I am not happy, I can go to Panerai. No customer respect or consideration here. Unpleasant and gross experience guaranteed. Avoid dealing with this kind of people, it’s not what you want to enjoy your passion for watches.
Still have plenty of good shops around Tsim Sha Tsui.
Closed Thread