The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 2 March 2018, 10:38 PM   #121
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I can hook you up with a patek tie Neil just pm your address

Not that you need one these days...being a professional poster and all
I do need one now I've just landed a job on CNBC's new show, Watch Squawk.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 10:42 PM   #122
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
Do u think Patek accepts for service those iced out pieces,i m sure rsc d refuse it.

In the event that these pieces get to the hands of a Patek service center they will have to apply whatever policy they have for that circumstance , I am sure it had happen before. The other thing is that the watch might never get that far, either because these rappers don’t care to get them service or they have their guy to take care of the watches. Who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 11:23 PM   #123
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
In the event that these pieces get to the hands of a Patek service center they will have to apply whatever policy they have for that circumstance , I am sure it had happen before. The other thing is that the watch might never get that far, either because these rappers don’t care to get them service or they have their guy to take care of the watches. Who knows

I doubt their homeboy can get parts for it

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2018, 11:33 PM   #124
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
I doubt their homeboy can get parts for it
I assume these blinged out pieces of junk are getting bought and serviced at nonauthorized ADs on 47th street, Miami, Etc. I haven’t seen pictures of any of these guys with factory gem set pieces (Pras Excluded) which IMO are on a completely different level and tastefully done.

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
goog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2018, 12:02 AM   #125
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
Quote:
Originally Posted by goog53 View Post
I assume these blinged out pieces of junk are getting bought and serviced at nonauthorized ADs on 47th street, Miami, Etc. I haven’t seen pictures of any of these guys with factory gem set pieces (Pras Excluded) which IMO are on a completely different level and tastefully done.
Agreed. It's a shame too, because the factory pieces are on a much higher level. I wouldn't wear one though!
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2018, 12:15 AM   #126
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I do need one now I've just landed a job on CNBC's new show, Watch Squawk.
Time for patek etf to be listed next to btc under F/X
Old 3 March 2018, 12:55 AM   #127
kvossoughi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5960g
These watches are pieces of art as they were created. But to each their own...
kvossoughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2018, 07:15 AM   #128
kSloan "Dat Dude"
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks-Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrylee View Post
If you're flashy enough, people will take notice. I could see how that helped Patek to be more main stream. Culture II is fire~
^
"BLACK PATEK PHILIPPE" 🔥🔥...verse from "Migos - Too Playa ft. 2 Chainz" off/on Culture II
kSloan "Dat Dude" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2018, 08:25 AM   #129
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Do any rappers also organise shipping? When a PP tie costs a quarter of the shipping...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Patek-Phi....c100005.m1851
Someone actually bought it, paid 80 for the tie and 300 shipping, no shock in these crazy times...
Old 11 March 2018, 09:31 AM   #130
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Heard a new JayZ verse today “no jewels in this Patek Phillippe, it’s complicated 3 million a piece”
Old 11 March 2018, 01:08 PM   #131
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Brand new Richard Mille and it's turbulent (turbulent)
'Bout to swap the Patek for the Vacheron (switch it!)

From T.I.

Love the play on words with turbulent, which he pronounces as tourbillon to rhyme with Vacheron.
Marciano490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 09:04 AM   #132
Vetracer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundserious View Post
I am absolutely kicking myself for passing on a white 5711 from AD 18 months ago, ugh!
Me too. It was priced much less than now too. Still, you can’t win them all..
Vetracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2018, 12:43 AM   #133
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Nearly heard the first WIS namedrop. I got lit, got drunk, got wavey... but then was disappointed as the line was wiz... so close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pQiUJmuWq4
Old 19 March 2018, 08:57 AM   #134
Cristobal78
"TRF" Member

I’ve been working in the music industry for years (no I’m not a rapper). I work for one of the biggest labels so I will say this..future was not the first artist to rap about Patek’s. But he does rap about them a lot bringing Patek to the mainstream aiming at the younger crowd. But I can’t say he’s the reason 5711’s are hard to get.
Cristobal78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 06:48 AM   #135
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Never even heard of the guy. Rappers wearing a certain piece is a downside in my books, so not sure about your theory.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:04 AM   #136
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5204P
Who? Never heard of her.
AckAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 07:55 PM   #137
neath66
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC Big Pilot
Maybe theres hope if these guys fade from the limelight or move onto to other brands if they have been a contributory factor in the rise of demand maybe they would be a cause if a burst bubble. just a thought
neath66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2018, 08:17 PM   #138
onmyhand
"TRF" Member

Watch: patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal78 View Post
I’ve been working in the music industry for years (no I’m not a rapper). I work for one of the biggest labels so I will say this..future was not the first artist to rap about Patek’s. But he does rap about them a lot bringing Patek to the mainstream aiming at the younger crowd. But I can’t say he’s the reason 5711’s are hard to get.
I agree totally. I like music alot. Dont know this guy and I too do not think he have th at kind of influence.
Maybe if you have a worldwide famous personality like a movie actor, sportsman or politician, then I would probably think so.
onmyhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 12:00 AM   #139
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
Yes. These guys make it cool.
Athletes and actors/actresses follow suit.
Then the new money rich jumps on hard.

When you have millions of rich young people, and only a few thousand watches what happens?
I secretly think TS is paying Future. (Dior, Nike, etc already do)
Is this really your honest opinion on why Nautilus watches are hard to buy at the moment?
Old 23 March 2018, 03:17 AM   #140
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
I think the watch community shames these guys who mess up watches by "Icing" then out with non-authorized PP diamond work,.. I've noticed the resale value of these watches is well below what it would be if they were factory..

This is the same crowd that used to buy a $250,000 Bentley Azure only to take off the factory $10K rims and replace them with $2000 rims that have a certain look...

If we just keep shaming them with how they're ruining a work of art, and the market keeps destroying what should be a great resale value, they will at some point "get it."
HAL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 03:42 AM   #141
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
I think the watch community shames these guys who mess up watches by "Icing" then out with non-authorized PP diamond work,.. I've noticed the resale value of these watches is well below what it would be if they were factory..

This is the same crowd that used to buy a $250,000 Bentley Azure only to take off the factory $10K rims and replace them with $2000 rims that have a certain look...

If we just keep shaming them with how they're ruining a work of art, and the market keeps destroying what should be a great resale value, they will at some point "get it."
No. They won’t care. Future and Migos and anyone else mentioned in this thread likely have much more money than anyone commenting in it and care not at all about the thoughts or feelings of the traditional watch crowd.
Old 23 March 2018, 04:02 AM   #142
Cato
Banned

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Attachment 930847

Looks like a classy group of fellas!
Cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2018, 10:34 PM   #143
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post

Resale value is probably not on their list of concerns. But it is of bad taste and no amount of money or fame can change that. It reminds me of the Christal champagne scandal with rappers: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...rticle1370285/
Old 24 March 2018, 12:38 AM   #144
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyTuomas View Post
Is this really your honest opinion on why Nautilus watches are hard to buy at the moment?
Yes. Why is it hard to believe that the number one artists in the world right now can affect sales? They jacked up demand, and now there is a crazy ratio of iced out aftermarket nautilus vs untouched. The more these guys ice them out, the less unaltered models on the market, which means higher prices.

Look at any other sports watch on chrono24 or eBay etc.
Other than the DayDate, their is no other watch that has so many aftermarket ice than the Nautilus.

There are millions of DD’s but only thousands of Nautilus in this world, which makes it very tough to get an unmolested example. NOBODY was icing out the Nautilus before them.
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 12:58 AM   #145
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes. Why is it hard to believe that the number one artists in the world right now can affect sales? They jacked up demand, and now there is a crazy ratio of iced out aftermarket nautilus vs untouched. The more these guys ice them out, the less unaltered models on the market, which means higher prices.

Other than the DayDate, their is no other watch that has so many aftermarket ice than the Nautilus.

There are millions of DD’s but only thousands of Nautilus in this world, which makes it very tough to get an unmolested example. NOBODY was icing out the Nautilus before them.
Patek was no?
Old 24 March 2018, 01:06 AM   #146
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Quote:

the other effect of the demand increase is by singing about the watch in their "songs" ... attention is brought t the brand and someone who was thinking "oh, I gotta get a Rolex to prove I'm rich" its now substituting Patek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Patek was no?
Not to the same extent, and usually with much higher quality diamonds and workmanship than possible here in the US.
HAL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 01:18 AM   #147
danlar
"TRF" Member

Hndrxx.
danlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 02:56 AM   #148
Marciano490
"TRF" Member

I always enjoy when people who know nothing about hip hop discuss its merits or its reflection of the culture. If only some group would write a hit song about being boujee.
Old 24 March 2018, 03:09 AM   #149
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciano490 View Post
I always enjoy when people who know nothing about hip hop discuss its merits or its reflection of the culture. If only some group would write a hit song about being boujee.

I used to be hip hop fluent in the mid to late 90's. That was an awesome time and I still listen to all that stuff today. Either i have gotten older or its gotten weirder i dont know, maybe both.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2018, 03:16 AM   #150
edo
"TRF" Member

Some anniversary icing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6tag-1506241570-1741245544558004665_1506241570.jpg (134.0 KB, 71 views)
edo is online now   Reply With Quote