The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 February 2018, 12:00 PM   #1
Honda137
"TRF" Member

Anyone from Omaha, Ne.

I'm thinking of selling my 114060 to fund a 14060m problem is, I have never seen one in person. Kinda difficult for me to make the decision. I would like to meet up with someone who has a 14060/14060m 4 liner. Talk watches have a beer or coffee.
Honda137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 09:57 PM   #2
joli160
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
I can't help you but you are right in trying to feel it first. Totally different watches.
Personally I would not do that trade
Old 27 February 2018, 10:32 PM   #3
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
I can't help you but you are right in trying to feel it first. Totally different watches.

Personally I would not do that trade

Agree ^^^

The look and feel are very different. I think you’re on the right track wanting to try one on first. You will have a much better idea if it’s the right swap if you can somehow find a 14060 to try on.

The good news if you can and you purchase one for a fair price it shouldn’t be hard to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 28 February 2018, 12:52 AM   #4
Boss99er
"TRF" Member

Hi! I’m from Omaha, but don’t have a 14060 for ya to try. I’ve owned one, and they’re amazing. Completely different feel from the 114060. So much lighter. Some people hate the older bracelets, but honestly I always enjoyed them.

Currently, my only Rolex is a BLNR. I’ve recently paired down my collection a bit...but I’ve owned several different Rolex watches over the last few years. IF you have any questions about them, let me know!

Have a good one, bud!
Boss99er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 06:02 AM   #5
H-Watches
"TRF" Member

I’m in Bellevue You could go look at Sol’s on 120th street they may have one. What AD do you get to in Omaha?

H-Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 06:13 AM   #6
TitanCi
"TRF" Member

I got a buddy in that area, with a 5 digit. Not sure he's willing to meet up. I could ask?

TitanCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 06:18 AM   #7
Boss99er
"TRF" Member

Man...apparently there are a few of us on here. We should start a meetup! Red Bar Omaha. Ha ha.
Old 28 February 2018, 07:59 AM   #8
Honda137
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Watches View Post
I’m in Bellevue You could go look at Sol’s on 120th street they may have one. What AD do you get to in Omaha?

I have looked at Sol's they didn't have one. I've purchased from Gundersons
Thanks for the reply
Old 28 February 2018, 08:01 AM   #9
Boss99er
"TRF" Member

Malashocks (sp?) is also a Rolex AD.
Old 28 February 2018, 08:06 AM   #10
Honda137
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCi View Post
I got a buddy in that area, with a 5 digit. Not sure he's willing to meet up. I could ask?

That would be great if you could ask! I would understand if he didn't want to meet, there are a lot of crazy people out there, but I'm not one of them. I'm a project manager for my Dads construction company he's been in business over 40 years, we work with omahas most well known builders and developers.
Old 28 February 2018, 08:06 AM   #11
Honda137
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss99er View Post
Man...apparently there are a few of us on here. We should start a meetup! Red Bar Omaha. Ha ha.
I'm in!
Old 28 February 2018, 08:11 AM   #12
Honda137
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Malashocks (sp?) is also a Rolex AD.
I've been there a few times, but never purchased from them. Gunderson's is just a few blocks from Malashocks. Omaha has only 2 Rolex AD!
Old 28 February 2018, 08:19 AM   #13
Boss99er
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda137 View Post
I've been there a few times, but never purchased from them. Gunderson's is just a few blocks from Malashocks. Omaha has only 2 Rolex AD!
Ha ha, yeah and unfortunately Omaha AD's are still of the mindset that you have to be an old man in a nice suit and tie to afford a Rolex. I walked into Gunderson's a while back in jeans, a hoodie, and my 4 year old daughter with me. I was wearing my BLNR and had my Polar EXPII along to see if they had shoulderless springbars to fit. I had one bar acting up.

It took FOREVER to get someone to even give me the time of day. Once the salesman realized I had two Rolex watches with me, they were suddenly all too happy to help. Here's the kicker though, they didn't even have springbars! They said they could send the watch to their watchmaker in Sioux City to be fitted. You've gotta be kidding me...

I left and went to Borsheims (not a Rolex dealer) and their watchmaker was able to track down a springbar for me.
Old 28 February 2018, 08:21 AM   #14
Boss99er
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda137 View Post
I'm in!
This might have to happen! I've got a few buddies that enjoy watches. It certainly wouldn't have to be Rolex only. In other cities, these meetups often happen at an AD, but I honestly doubt any in Omaha would even entertain the idea, as crazy as that may sound. We could always meet for drinks or coffee as you mentioned in the original post!
Old 28 February 2018, 11:54 AM   #15
H-Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This might have to happen! I've got a few buddies that enjoy watches. It certainly wouldn't have to be Rolex only. In other cities, these meetups often happen at an AD, but I honestly doubt any in Omaha would even entertain the idea, as crazy as that may sound. We could always meet for drinks or coffee as you mentioned in the original post!

I would love that I’m in as well!

H-Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 01:41 PM   #16
Boss99er
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Watches View Post
I would love that I’m in as well!

Nice! Let’s stay in touch on this thread and see if we can get something going! Do either of you have other friends in the area that would be interested?
Old 28 February 2018, 10:19 PM   #17
MorningTundra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ha ha, yeah and unfortunately Omaha AD's are still of the mindset that you have to be an old man in a nice suit and tie to afford a Rolex. I walked into Gunderson's a while back in jeans, a hoodie, and my 4 year old daughter with me. I was wearing my BLNR and had my Polar EXPII along to see if they had shoulderless springbars to fit. I had one bar acting up.

It took FOREVER to get someone to even give me the time of day. Once the salesman realized I had two Rolex watches with me, they were suddenly all too happy to help. Here's the kicker though, they didn't even have springbars! They said they could send the watch to their watchmaker in Sioux City to be fitted. You've gotta be kidding me...

I left and went to Borsheims (not a Rolex dealer) and their watchmaker was able to track down a springbar for me.

I’ve used the Gundersons in Sioux Falls. They sent my watches to Sioux City. Very slow turn around time. Prices were very fair. I think they keep their one watchmaker pretty busy. Staff were friendly enough in Sioux Falls. One guy in particular, quite knowledgeable on vintage too.

Sent from my cracked, broken hand wound phone. IG @morning_tundra
MorningTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2018, 10:20 PM   #18
MorningTundra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice! Let’s stay in touch on this thread and see if we can get something going! Do either of you have other friends in the area that would be interested?

I’d make the drive if I’m free...

MorningTundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2018, 01:06 AM   #19
Boss99er
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningTundra View Post
I’ve used the Gundersons in Sioux Falls. They sent my watches to Sioux City. Very slow turn around time. Prices were very fair. I think they keep their one watchmaker pretty busy. Staff were friendly enough in Sioux Falls. One guy in particular, quite knowledgeable on vintage too.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the store in Sioux City is fine....I just thought it was laughable that they don't have a watchmaker on staff locally here in Omaha, and that my watch would need to be sent there to be fitted for spring bars. Maybe that's normal....not sure. I just wouldn't think so.
Old 27 November 2018, 05:24 AM   #20
BossmanJoe
"TRF" Member

Hello fellow Omaha dwellers. I just found this thread. I recently got the bug to purchase my first luxury watch, and would love to chat with some likeminded folks.
BossmanJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2019, 08:57 PM   #21
MohiMedia
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26405CE
As someone that has been to Omaha (college world series maybe 2016?) I'm not going to lie, I wasn't expecting this many of you haha. I loved Omaha though!
Even as a fellow midwesterner I was surprised by how nice everyone was and greeting anyone they walked past.
Can someone recruit Warren to come out to your meet up with his Yellow Gold Day-Date?
MohiMedia is offline   Reply With Quote