The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex & Other Watch Links & Resources

Closed Thread

Old 30 June 2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Phil Seidel
"TRF" Member

Genuine Rolexes Online

Am looking for any recomended Rolex retailers online. If ou have bought bad or good your assistance would be appreciated.
Old 1 July 2006, 12:35 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well you will not get any authorised Rolex dealers on-line,only grey market dealers. Myself in the UK,and have bought a few from these people 100% trustworthy, and sell genuine new and used watches.And John the owner, and a very helpful lady Dee,and will do ever thing in there power that you the customer is 100% satisfied.

http://www.watches.co.uk/results.php...c317e200774c4e

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 1 July 2006, 04:17 AM   #3
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Seidel View Post
Am looking for any recomended Rolex retailers online. If ou have bought bad or good your assistance would be appreciated.
Hi Phil,

And a big welcome to TRF.

Be very careful there 'cause you're treading on egg shells. Rolex clearly states that they NEVER sell over the net - only through their Authorised Dealers. So unless you really know the seller very well and 100% sure of his credentials, you should really go to an AD for complete peace of mind and a genuine Rolex on your wrist.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 1 July 2006, 06:10 AM   #4
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Welcome to TRF, Phil. Glad you joined our party here. Stick around and partake of the joviality.

As for on-line dealers, JJ and Peter have it right. Rolex does not sell on-line, only through brick & morter ADs. There are some reputable grey market dealers who can be trusted. Padi gave one one. Another is www.alanfurman.com. In addition to their on line business, they have a store about 2 miles from where I live.

But as JJ said, your safest bet is to head to a good AD who will deal with you. Some of our other Aussie members may be able to put you onto good leads there.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Old 1 July 2006, 08:33 AM   #5
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Hi Phil. Welcome to TRF. Personally if you're buying new, I would go with an AD also. It gives you piece of mind. Good luck and let us know how things work out for you.
Old 12 September 2006, 06:06 PM   #6
slim
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG DD,SD43,Pam104
Hi guys, If i was to go to an AD will they be flexible with the price? Do i just ask for a lower price if the serial number is from an older watch? Any suggestions on stores i should go too? I found this website. Let me know what you guys think http://www.swissluxury.com/rolex-wat...ld-jubilee.htm thanks

Last edited by slim; 12 September 2006 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Added something else
Old 12 September 2006, 06:11 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim View Post
Hi guys, If i was to go to an AD will they be flexible with the price? Do i just ask for a lower price if the serial number is from an older watch? Any suggestions on stores i should go too? I found this website. Let me know what you guys think http://www.swissluxury.com/rolex-wat...ld-jubilee.htm thanks
Hi Slim,

Welcome to TRF. I would avoid those guys and instead try Alan Furman....here's the link: http://www.alanfurman.com/noframes/rolex1.html#pres

However, if it's your very first Rolex, I think an AD would be the best way to go!!

Discounts are available, but would vary from model to model. Which one were you thinking of? The TT models are more discountable than the SS Sports ones. DJs also give the AD more flexibility on discounting as compared with the sports ones, especially the SS ones.

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 12 September 2006, 06:14 PM   #8
slim
"TRF" Member

Hi JJ,
Im interested in a Datejust Whitegold Jubilee with a fluted bezel with diamond markers. What should i look for. And how much discounts should i expect. Authorized dealers ive been to just have a price. It is my first Rolex so i think an AD would be sweet but how will the price fair vs alanfurman?
Old 12 September 2006, 06:47 PM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Hi JJ,
Im interested in a Datejust Whitegold Jubilee with a fluted bezel with diamond markers. What should i look for. And how much discounts should i expect. Authorized dealers ive been to just have a price. It is my first Rolex so i think an AD would be sweet but how will the price fair vs alanfurman?
The one you want is the 116234 with diamonds. List price appears to be $6,800, but on a watch like this you should get 15% off easy. If you have cash on hand (far better than a credit card), then you can push the AD for even 20~25%.

The diamond markers are not as popular, so ADs would be glad to move them off asap.

Good luck - JJ

Old 12 September 2006, 07:04 PM   #10
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Hey slim. Welcome to TRF. I would check prices with an AD vs alanfurman. See what kind of discount you can get from the AD and if it's only a matter of a few hundred pesos difference,I'd go with the AD. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 12 September 2006, 07:31 PM   #11
slim
"TRF" Member

Hey guys so AD as in stores at the mall such as Ben Bridge and stuff? Or would i have to search for some local family owned buisnesses? I am prepared to pay with cash. So if you guys have any suggestions on stores to visit im open to all suggestions. Thanks!
Old 12 September 2006, 07:35 PM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Hey guys so AD as in stores at the mall such as Ben Bridge and stuff? Or would i have to search for some local family owned buisnesses? I am prepared to pay with cash. So if you guys have any suggestions on stores to visit im open to all suggestions. Thanks!
Hi Slim,

Not too sure what you mean by family owned businesses. Just go into a regular and authorised Rolex dealer.

The diamond DJ with WG bezel should be easily discountable. Go with the new style Jubilee, all solid links and concealed clasp bracelet. Remember, this bracelet is all SS with centre links polished. Very dressy and superbly matched up with the kinda dial and WG bezel you're looking at.

Good luck and do keep us updated.

JJ

Old 12 September 2006, 10:14 PM   #13
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Seidel View Post
Hi phil, welcome to TRF!
The guys are right, an AD is the best bet for a new watch, but there are a few guys down here who have both brick & mortar stores & websites who are reputable.

Nick Hacko from Clockmaker is one, I haven't bought anything from him but he is always a pleasure to talk to and very knowledgeable & trustworthy.
http://www.clockmaker.com.au/

Also check out
http://www.thewatchgallery.com.au/
I've dealt with Chris before and always keep an eye on his site.

However, always take things with a grain of salt & have the watch verified if you can, it pays to be paranoid! Good luck!
Old 13 September 2006, 05:05 AM   #14
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Hi Otis,

While that Nicholas guy's site is worth a looksee, his prices are way over the top!!

I mean, just look at the price on that 1986 TT Blue Sub. After converting your Aussie $$$ to Kiwi bucks, I could probably get a BRAND NEW one for the same price or maybe just a wee bit more.

JJ

Old 13 September 2006, 05:36 AM   #15
slim
"TRF" Member

Im having trouble locating an Authorized Dealer. Can anyone help? I am from San Diego, California
Old 13 September 2006, 05:48 AM   #16
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Quote:
Im having trouble locating an Authorized Dealer. Can anyone help? I am from San Diego, California
Online: www.google.com

Offline: Yellowpages under Jewelers.
Old 13 September 2006, 06:02 AM   #17
slim
"TRF" Member

Yea most of them arent Authorized Dealers. Just Ben Bridge. So if they aren't an AD. They come with a Certificate of Authenticity is that the same thing?
Old 13 September 2006, 06:47 AM   #18
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Hi Otis,

While that Nicholas guy's site is worth a looksee, his prices are way over the top!!

I mean, just look at the price on that 1986 TT Blue Sub. After converting your Aussie $$$ to Kiwi bucks, I could probably get a BRAND NEW one for the same price or maybe just a wee bit more.

JJ
Yep JJ's right, sometimes his prices are a bit north of the border.
As with all places though, sometimes a good thing just appears.
Old 13 September 2006, 01:27 PM   #19
slim
"TRF" Member

Hey guys, heres an update on my DJ. I went to two AD's today. retail for the watch was 6800. The first one said they can give me the DJ for 6960.65 out the door with tax. The second store qouted me 6700 out the door. I had cash on hand and those were the prices. The 2nd store said that if they ship the watch out of state i could be able to avoid taxes and get the watch for 6300. So i purchased it for 6300. It was below retail without tax. Sad part is that they needed to order my watch directly from rolex so i have to wait 3 weeks.
Let me know what you guys think. Did i get ripped off? Honest opinions are welcome. Cheers
P.S both AD said that prices were going up on the 15th is that true?
Old 13 September 2006, 06:10 PM   #20
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Hey guys, heres an update on my DJ. I went to two AD's today. retail for the watch was 6800. The first one said they can give me the DJ for 6960.65 out the door with tax. The second store qouted me 6700 out the door. I had cash on hand and those were the prices. The 2nd store said that if they ship the watch out of state i could be able to avoid taxes and get the watch for 6300. So i purchased it for 6300. It was below retail without tax. Sad part is that they needed to order my watch directly from rolex so i have to wait 3 weeks.
Let me know what you guys think. Did i get ripped off? Honest opinions are welcome. Cheers
P.S both AD said that prices were going up on the 15th is that true?
Well, Slim, looks like you got a meagre 7½% off the List Price of $6,800. I think that just ain't much on a watch of that calibre. No doubt a superb watch, but these diamond dials are slow movers and should attract a higher discount.

Yes, prices are supposed to go up in October, but I think you could have got a better deal on that watch.

Alan Furman is offering the same watch for $5,780 after discount. So your AD is miles away. Here's the link again for your to check.

http://www.alanfurman.com/noframes/rolex1.html#pres

JJ

Old 14 September 2006, 04:42 AM   #21
slim
"TRF" Member

Hey JJ, yea i saw the Alanfurman offer but there not an AD. Everyone on her said to buy from an AD instead. So i figured 400 more to purchase from an AD would be better then ordering from an online site. So i paid an extra 400 for piece of mind. I think they couldnt go lower on the price because they did not have the watch there to sell to me. So it wasnt really a slow mover. They had to order one from rolex. Well maybe i should have bought it from alan furman. The AD's i went too didn't give much room for negotiation. Not very flexible at all. So i was happy to get any discount. Now the countdown continues until i get to pick it up.
Ill post picks when i get the watch. Thanks for your help
Old 6 April 2007, 12:06 PM   #22
angus

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well you will not get any authorised Rolex dealers on-line,only grey market dealers. Myself in the UK,and have bought a few from these people 100% trustworthy, and sell genuine new and used watches.And John the owner, and a very helpful lady Dee,and will do ever thing in there power that you the customer is 100% satisfied.

http://www.watches.co.uk/results.php...c317e200774c4e
Hi. I have just visited this site. I have noticed that daytona models command a premium over their RRP. what is the reason for so.too many on the watchlist?
Old 6 April 2007, 09:53 PM   #23
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus View Post
Hi. I have just visited this site. I have noticed that daytona models command a premium over their RRP. what is the reason for so.too many on the watchlist?
Dont ask me why but the SS Daytona commands a greater asking price than retail on the grey market.And from what I hear even certain ADs charge premium prices, have seen the S.Steel models for $11000 plus.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 7 April 2007, 03:15 AM   #24
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Dont ask me why but the SS Daytona commands a greater asking price than retail on the grey market.And from what I hear even certain ADs charge premium prices, have seen the S.Steel models for $11000 plus.
Bastards.
Old 4 May 2007, 07:16 AM   #25
ashu2289
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas,SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Bastards.
Exactly truly bastards
Rolex should take care atleast AD's could not sell the watches higher than their MSRPs. Thts vry vry unprofessional and betraying.

Everything becomes nothing after ROLEX
116520 SS Daytona White Dial
116520 SS Daytona Black Dial
116523 18K&SS Daytona Slate Dial
16600 Sea-Dweller
16710 GMT Master II Pepsi Bezel
16613 18K&SS Submariner Blue Dial
116660 Deepsea Sea-Dweller
Old 4 May 2007, 11:23 AM   #26
rongmt
"TRF" Member

ADs with a discount

I haven't had much luck at all trying to talk an AD into a discount. Ben Bridge paid my sales tax on a TT sub with slate serti dial, but Shreve and Tourneau both said that they were not allowed to give discounts on Rolex.

If someone can tell me how to get a discount I would be indebted to you! As for online, I have bought 2 watches from nationalwatch.com in Philadelphia. My sales rep is Lisa.
Closed Thread