The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 27 March 2019, 03:53 AM   #61
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Well I don´t know which one I have I am guessing MK2 ?? if it exists. I took delivery in October and all I can tell you is this watch is beautiful in every aspect. It is never ugly and never boring because the amount of color and brightness in the bezel depends on the type of lighting and angle of light source. It is simply amazing in every way. Outdoors on clear blue sky it will look totally different than an overcast day.
Old 27 March 2019, 04:16 AM   #62
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Have Rolex commented, anywhere regarding a MKII bezel?

What have AD's been told?
Old 27 March 2019, 06:54 AM   #63
hthcliff
"TRF" Member

Guys all that are commenting without having seen both next to each other live, doubting the photos, you will regret writing comments like this... it is 200% not the light... confirmed as well by my AD sales person, and he has seeing quite a few going through his hand... but nothing official from Rolex yet...
Old 27 March 2019, 09:34 PM   #64
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
126710 BLRO GMT Master II Pepsi - color

So I went and tried on the watch I’m most likely poppin on Saturday. The color in this bezel is quite different than any of the original WG watches I ever threw on. Especially the blue. It’s now almost a navy like the Tudor GMT...
Old 27 March 2019, 09:37 PM   #65
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Oh and my little girls loved it! Ones claiming it, the other, my BLNR.
Old 28 March 2019, 09:06 PM   #66
Rafabond
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor, etc
my clock of June 2018, same clock, same day, different lighting, changes of tones depending on The Light

Old 28 March 2019, 09:58 PM   #67
jrs146
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Nae Nae
I was not s believer at first. But with all the evidence it’s clear there is a difference. I don’t think long term either will have a major price difference. I was an early Pepsi buyer so my MK1 dial is what I’m used to. But truthfully I’d be happy to own either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30 March 2019, 01:02 PM   #68
bigdaws
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi & 5320G
I’d have to see the two side by side in person. I have one that was a December 2018 delivery, and at various times it’s looked just like every pic in this thread. A two-degree rotation of the wrist and it changes from one to the other. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a variation introduced, but seeing a few pics on here isn’t enough given that I could recreate all of them with the piece on my wrist.
Old 30 March 2019, 11:33 PM   #69
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by hthcliff View Post
Guys all that are commenting without having seen both next to each other live, doubting the photos, you will regret writing comments like this... it is 200% not the light... confirmed as well by my AD sales person, and he has seeing quite a few going through his hand... but nothing official from Rolex yet...

Have both, produced several videos; regardless there were the naysayers. My 2 cents, pick-up a mark 1 while so many (including grays) are doubting they exist. Years down the road, they will be the first iterations and the unique color variation collectors covet.

You won’t ever see anything official from Rolex announcing a change or color variations.
Old 31 March 2019, 12:21 AM   #70
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I prefer the darker navy/red dial as opposed to the purported purple/pink, but let's not beat around the bush: After waiting a year, I don't care what the colors are as long as I can finally get one!
Old 31 March 2019, 02:55 AM   #71
Arai.D
"TRF" Member

I confirmed there’s a different on bezel color, it can be seen with naked eyes and it subtle. I’ll take a picture tomorrow for you guys to see..
Old 31 March 2019, 04:33 PM   #72
Chalet
"TRF" Member

Watch: 13x Rolex Addict
Just looking to get mine, mk1 or my2!
Old 1 April 2019, 08:15 AM   #73
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
Hi fellow addicts,

apparently market has not yet realized that the first BLRO batch has been delivered in different red blue. They are traded at around the same price. Any predictions? Attached a March 2019 (right) delivery vs August 2018 (left) delivery.

Best
I guess mk1 will command a small premium in the future being the first steel ceramic Pepsi but it wouldn't affect my decision. Any mk would be great. Mk1 reminds me of the 16710 patinaed aluminium bezel, mk2 looks less flamboyant thus dressier.
Old 1 April 2019, 09:16 AM   #74
CEITS
Banned

Just being honest but I saw the Pepsi BLRO Jubilee in 2004 my friend bought and i thought it was quite ugly. Still do but is the rarity the reason why there is such a commotion out of them?
Old 2 April 2019, 02:56 AM   #75
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10klakes View Post
Have both, produced several videos; regardless there were the naysayers. My 2 cents, pick-up a mark 1 while so many (including grays) are doubting they exist. Years down the road, they will be the first iterations and the unique color variation collectors covet.

You won’t ever see anything official from Rolex announcing a change or color variations.
How do we know what is a MK 1 ? my watch likes like all the pictures in this thread no distinction whatsoever, depends on the light and type of light and angle of light.
Old 2 April 2019, 03:05 AM   #76
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
How do we know what is a MK 1 ? my watch likes like all the pictures in this thread no distinction whatsoever, depends on the light and type of light and angle of light.
Now that I have seen them in person, I could spot a mark 1 or 2 if I had them in hand. Pics on the internet are going to be very difficult due to light manipulation, angles, and how cameras render them.

A date range of when purchased is NOT going to be a guaranteed mark 1/2.

As far as we know, there could be more than a MK1 or MK2. My personal opinion is that Rolex has a VERY strict QC process and I think the MK1 bezels are what was left over from the WG BLRO, and all the rest are MK2s that are identical in color and will be from here on out. IMO
Old 2 April 2019, 03:20 AM   #77
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10klakes View Post
Now that I have seen them in person, I could spot a mark 1 or 2 if I had them in hand. Pics on the internet are going to be very difficult due to light manipulation, angles, and how cameras render them.

A date range of when purchased is NOT going to be a guaranteed mark 1/2.

As far as we know, there could be more than a MK1 or MK2. My personal opinion is that Rolex has a VERY strict QC process and I think the MK1 bezels are what was left over from the WG BLRO, and all the rest are MK2s that are identical in color and will be from here on out. IMO
It´s possible I am yet to be sold on it though. In any case I love the darker and richer colors better and with all the uncertainty on how to tell for sure I suspect that the MK 1 will be a more difficult sell in the future.
Old 2 April 2019, 03:55 AM   #78
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

So happy with my MK I

Old 2 April 2019, 03:58 AM   #79
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
So happy with my MK1.5 chuckle:

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 2 April 2019, 04:10 AM   #80
HappyFish
Banned

Mk1 unworn for the safe, Mk2 to wear! Very easy decision for me in that case!
Old 2 April 2019, 04:35 AM   #81
exador
Banned

As I’ve said before, until someone puts a colorimeter on these bezels, not everyone will be convinced.

I’ll do it for y’all when I pick up my watch in 3 years time...

Old 2 April 2019, 07:59 AM   #82
10klakes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
As I’ve said before, until someone puts a colorimeter on these bezels, not everyone will be convinced.

I’ll do it for y’all when I pick up my watch in 3 years time...
You could take a YouTube live video using two separate color meters, purchased from separate stores, one with energizer batteries, the other with Duracell batteries, operated by two disinterested parties, at an AD confirming the legitimacy of the watches, public notary present with a sworn affidavit, and TRF conspiracy theorists would "not be sold".
Old 2 April 2019, 08:11 AM   #83
Benjo74
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
Have the changes also been applied to the WG Pepsi to coincide with the blue dial introduction?

Nobody knows - they haven’t sold one since Basel 2018.

Old 2 April 2019, 10:54 AM   #84
lawrence1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafabond View Post
my clock of June 2018, same clock, same day, different lighting, changes of tones depending on The Light

case in point. all nonsense
Old 2 April 2019, 11:32 AM   #85
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence1 View Post
case in point. all nonsense
What’s the case in point though?

I can make a colored watch change color depending on the angle and lighting. It’s a single watch he took pictures off (which is beautiful btw). It has no watch being compared to side by side.

The debate is between an early production BLRO vs. a recent produced and delivered version. Those who have had the two watches together say they are different. One person a couple pages back had 3 together to compare what he and his group of friends see... nonsense right?

It’s 3 watches on the palm of a single hand. See the difference? It’s the lighting right? Or angle now? Or did the individual manipulate the photo just to make one different? ... Rolex are known to make minute changes over a production cycle of a watch and they never say anything about it.
Old 2 April 2019, 11:42 AM   #86
R@lex
"TRF" Member

Watch: dd40 228235
Quote:
if you have the chance to see them live it is def not the lightning, it is actually quite obvious to the eye.

But if I have the chance again, I will take a second pic. But I was able to find a pic that clearly proofs it is not the light, uploaded by troways (owner of the pic).
This is the proof there are 2 different bezels
Old 2 April 2019, 04:41 PM   #87
Frakis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorA View Post

So happy with my MK I

So happy with my MK2

Old 3 April 2019, 04:18 AM   #88
exador
Banned

This was just posted in the Vintage section. It’s from a 1968 catalogue. Now we know where Rolex got its inspiration from for the 126710 bezel colours!

Old 7 April 2019, 07:09 PM   #89
broham84
"TRF" Member

I have the darker bezel, but actually prefer the lighter one.
Old 7 April 2019, 07:25 PM   #90
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
I saw one at an AD that was sold,lighter red pruplish blue,I was a bit disappointed .I would prefer a proper red/blue version.
Another AD confirmed that from what they have seen the bezel colours have changed.
Closed Thread