The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 March 2019, 10:48 PM   #31
k1985
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrader View Post
Fingers crossed.

Global recession seems to be the only hope of returning back to how things were 4-5 years ago.

Yes, a recession would probably significantly reduce demand for Rolex watches, along with everything else... because people (including some here) will lose their jobs. So, ya not sure that’s a good thing?

I know there are guys here who have loads of cash and can comfortably make the comments about waiting for a recession to swoop in and buy everything. That said, I think most underestimate the deterioration in their own buying power... recessions are not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
k1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 11:12 PM   #32
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
No, you said fact, and even used it in your thread title.

A fact is something you can prove in a court of law; everything else is an opinion.
And even that is shaky.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 11:16 PM   #33
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1985 View Post
Yes, a recession would probably significantly reduce demand for Rolex watches, along with everything else... because people (including some here) will lose their jobs. So, ya not sure that’s a good thing?

I know there are guys here who have loads of cash and can comfortably make the comments about waiting for a recession to swoop in and buy everything. That said, I think most underestimate the deterioration in their own buying power... recessions are not good.

The last crash hit the vintage and second hand market pretty hard for a few months. Definitely should have purchased more back then. Don’t underestimate the deals you’ll see if the markets go in the toilet...

TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 12:03 AM   #34
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrader View Post
So when do the facts start?

The fact is they are getting more watches in over the past couple of weeks.

Fact is they are playing games at some stores with their supply.

Fact is, people are tired of waiting months to give their money to an AD for a watch.

007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 12:08 AM   #35
007timer
"TRF" Member

Seems that some are hung up on the title of the thread rather than the substance of the information I being shared.

For those members, I welcome you to help provide a better title. I am sure it will be helpful.

Old 27 March 2019, 02:39 AM   #36
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007timer View Post
Seems that some are hung up on the title of the thread rather than the substance of the information I being shared.

For those members, I welcome you to help provide a better title. I am sure it will be helpful.

How about?

Quote:
AD SS availability. Information given to me by people working at authorized dealers with no actual knowledge of Rolex corporate decisions.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 02:41 AM   #37
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
How about?
Accurate.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 03:16 AM   #38
007timer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
How about?

Fair enough. Let’s substitute the title.

Old 27 March 2019, 01:16 PM   #39
r3dbimmer89
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007timer View Post
I have been taking to a lot of folks lately, some are members on this very forum, some are employees of ADs, some are enthusiasts and collectors.

There is a common theme between all of them. Rolex headquarters has in fact ramped up production and has over the last three two weeks increased delivery to AD stores.

An employee at one of the AD stores told me today that they received 6 SS Subs (date/no date mix and none were LV’s), one Daytona (white face), two GMT watches, with one being a Pepsi. All of which were sold without ever hitting the showroom floor. When I inquired why I didn’t get a call since we have been following up weekly, the response was “the manager is controlling who the sale goes to, and most times we don’t see the customer walk in, they are just gone the next day” (we can speculate for days on what is possibly going on, so I won’t) but did tell me that the subs will be rolling in much sooner than before which is great news.

The second AD told me that they had a long list build up over the last 5 months but they have been clearing the list starting mid March. She too said that they don’t put them out. The interesting thing about her comment was that the list is now only 20-30 deep and a lot of customers, when contacted have told her they bought else where or from a reseller at a premium. Either way, that’s a good sign.

The third AD told a friend who is on TRF that they are holding back stock and even though they have the watches they are telling customers they are not in yet, customers are actually buying other items and then getting called back for the watch they want.

Don’t get me wrong. There was an absolute low supply from Rolex over the past few months and inventory dried up. However the source seems to have addressed the supply shortage and is now the AD turn to release. It may be another month or so before we see a normalization of the display cases. No doubt the Daytona, BLRO, BLNR, and the 116610LV (listed in order of least to highest) will still trickle in at a slower pace as Rolex will remain in control. But the remainder of the watches will pick back up.

I hope everyone who is looking for their next Rolex can get it with little to no wait and start enjoying it.

Would this AD happen to be the AD in South Coast Plaza? I walked in today and once again the cases remain empty. Only DJ and OP with a few Presidents, YM, and SD in the mix. The sales rep I deal with mentioned this has been an issue for almost a year.
r3dbimmer89 is offline   Reply With Quote