The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 January 2020, 01:42 PM   #61
IR201
"TRF" Member

I think I’m exactly like you in all respects. Are you counting endlinks? If so I’ve got 5 on the six o’clock side and 5 and 1/2 on 12 side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IR201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2020, 01:43 PM   #62
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Have you tried playing around with the number of links at 12 and 6 o’clock? I find that every reference is slightly different for me.

I have a relatively flat shaped 7” wrist and a fairly pronounced ulnar bone. I like to wear my watches behind the wrist bone with about a pinky gap. I have my watches set as follows using 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock as reference:

SubC: 6 and 4
SD43: 5 and 4 1/2 (no divers extension)
Dblue: 6 and 4 1/2 (when I owned it)
BLRO: 8 and 6

Try playing around to see if you can get a better fit. If this doesn’t work, I guess you’ll have to move it on. No harm in trying first.
Sorry for a double post just tried quoting you and failed, see above
Old 17 January 2020, 03:47 PM   #63
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
I think I’m exactly like you in all respects. Are you counting endlinks? If so I’ve got 5 on the six o’clock side and 5 and 1/2 on 12 side.

This is what I have on mine. Very comfy.

7.25” round wrist

4 links on 6 o'clock side
5.5 links on 12 0'clock side

Good luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1AD8211A-968B-4D35-9E51-D55EC1FF13F1.jpeg (48.9 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpeg 38842824-22B5-4BE9-AE61-566AD161B8C6.jpeg (55.3 KB, 267 views)
Old 18 January 2020, 12:05 PM   #64
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarlitos View Post

7.25” round wrist

Good luck
Thanks! I think I'm going to just move on from it. Wrist is SERIOUSLY sore from trying to make it work all week. I love the look and idea so much but it's just not worth being in such discomfort over it. Sucks.
Old 18 January 2020, 05:45 PM   #65
Gimoozaabi
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the grass grow
Quote:
Thanks! I think I'm going to just move on from it. Wrist is SERIOUSLY sore from trying to make it work all week. I love the look and idea so much but it's just not worth being in such discomfort over it. Sucks.
Wow, this is very sad. Don't stress too much over it and don't take rushed decisions. Try finding the solution in terms of comfort which works best for you. I don't get any discomfort from mine (7.5" flat wrist) and I wear the SD43 a just a bit tighter that my other watches. The glidelock helps to micro-adjust perfectly.

How I sized it:
5 links on the 6 o'clock
5 + the half link on 12 o'clock
The flip lock extension is removed.

Did you considered wearing on rubber or Nato to see how it feels on your wrist?
Gimoozaabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 06:00 PM   #66
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Your adjustment is close to perfect. You can still do better, the clasp should be parallel and dead center to the case.

Quote:

7.25” round wrist

Good luck
Old 18 January 2020, 06:34 PM   #67
Rolexsd4000
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Mk1 , TT SD43
SD43 hurting my wrist and bluesy feels perfect

42mm and 43mm
No issues at all and the 44JC
7.5 flat wrist bone .

Old 18 January 2020, 07:31 PM   #68
Ihatecheese
Banned

If it doesn't fit to the extent it hurts then it's quite easy to get something else. Sell and purchase something fit for purpose. Or it's your wrists fault and the Rolex is perfect (◔‿◔)
Ihatecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 11:31 PM   #69
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimoozaabi View Post
Wow, this is very sad. Don't stress too much over it and don't take rushed decisions. Try finding the solution in terms of comfort which works best for you. I don't get any discomfort from mine (7.5" flat wrist) and I wear the SD43 a just a bit tighter that my other watches. The glidelock helps to micro-adjust perfectly.

How I sized it:
5 links on the 6 o'clock
5 + the half link on 12 o'clock
The flip lock extension is removed.

Did you considered wearing on rubber or Nato to see how it feels on your wrist?
I know, I'm bummed about it, to the extent I will allow myself to be bummed about a watch.

Frankly I ran so many experiments this week to figure out (1) if I could improve comfort and (2) and it was indeed the 43 hurting me, not a confounded.

I took the diver extension out upon getting it because I read about how it helps in this forum, so that hasn't been in the whole time I've had it.

The other night I played with every link permutation that made sense. The most comfortable one had me not being able to use the glidelock because the bracelet was out towards the max of it, but then I thought this is stupid to have this watch and not be able to use the glidelock.

I then considered trying rubber or a nato, but then I thought I don't want to have a 12K watch that is only comfortable for me off of its intended oyster bracelet - so there was no point.

The other night before bed I was figuring out what watch to sleep in and I put on the 43. Woke up to go to the bathroom and without looking down I said to myself, "actually this is pretty comfortable, I don't know what the heck I'm talking about, I can wear this." Looked down and I was wearing the NDc instead, and I remember I changed it at the last minute before bed. I was disappointed it wasn't the 43 feeling good, but, and this may sound weird, I felt like the mistake of fact - thinking I had the 43 on - actually allowed me to think clearly/unbiased about how I felt about the piece. At that moment I wanted to keep it, so I knew then I loved the watch and it was just comfort making me want to move it along.
Old 18 January 2020, 11:31 PM   #70
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatecheese View Post
If it doesn't fit to the extent it hurts then it's quite easy to get something else. Sell and purchase something fit for purpose. Or it's your wrists fault and the Rolex is perfect (◔‿◔)
I blame my weak wrists!
Old 18 January 2020, 11:32 PM   #71
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexsd4000 View Post
42mm and 43mm
No issues at all and the 44JC
7.5 flat wrist bone .

All look beautiful! Do you find that the 43 feels different pressed against the wrist due to its caseback versus the other two which are flatter casebacks?
Old 18 January 2020, 11:40 PM   #72
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

I’m not counting end links.

Having read just now, it seems you’ve tried various set ups and still no luck?

Last ditch effort may be to try and reinstall the divers extension. Perhaps for you it will provide more comfort.

It’s not a stretch to try as this is almost like having two links fixed ... maybe your wrist needs this. Just a thought, good luck
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 12:27 AM   #73
Rolexsd4000
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Mk1 , TT SD43
Quote:
All look beautiful! Do you find that the 43 feels different pressed against the wrist due to its caseback versus the other two which are flatter casebacks?

No it doesn’t and at work now ...it sits perfect . It all depends on your wrist and what nature formed it ...

Old 19 January 2020, 12:30 AM   #74
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexsd4000 View Post
No it doesn’t and at work now ...it sits perfect . It all depends on your wrist and what nature formed it ...

Very happy for you, so gorgeous!
Old 19 January 2020, 12:37 AM   #75
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Please sell it and ask the new owner to become a member at this forum :-)
Old 19 January 2020, 01:29 AM   #76
Crazy Lugs
"TRF" Member

FWIW, my ceramic sub only fits comfortably on my flat 7.25” wrist by making use of the included half link. Not sure if these are included with the SD43 or can be ordered, but it’s worth a shot before moving it on...
Crazy Lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 01:30 AM   #77
IR201
"TRF" Member

I’m still a little confused. If it is just the protruding caseback, why does my SD4K not hurt as much. Am comparing the two and it looks like the protruding part of their casebacks is the same size

Old 19 January 2020, 01:39 AM   #78
direwolf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
You are correct that they are the same. That is the problem! The SD43 is a larger, heavier watch and the caseback should have been made proportional to the larger size. Rolex took the lazy way out here. The bezel is also slightly too large for the watch as well because Rolex just used the DSSD bezel instead of creating a slightly smaller one. Yes, these might seem like overly critical remarks, but the watch does cost 12k!
Old 19 January 2020, 03:16 AM   #79
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry to hear.
A watch should not be so hard to wear.
Perhaps it really is time for u to move on from the sd43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
Your adjustment is close to perfect. You can still do better, the clasp should be parallel and dead center to the case.
Yeah I used to think the clasp should be centered (with the watch head)...

But found that slightly shorter links on the six o’clock side works better for me (and others with round wrist.) It keeps the watch head better balanced on the wrist and doesn’t flop towards the wrist bone.... and i don’t have to wear it too tight.
The clasp is centered on bottom of my wrist when I wear it

Took me years to figure it out.
Old 19 January 2020, 03:22 AM   #80
vassosent
"TRF" Member

Comfortable for me . Very very comfy....my.hulk.is more " comfortable " due to its weight. But for me sd43 is superior everywhere

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
vassosent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 03:43 AM   #81
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
You are correct that they are the same. That is the problem! The SD43 is a larger, heavier watch and the caseback should have been made proportional to the larger size. Rolex took the lazy way out here. The bezel is also slightly too large for the watch as well because Rolex just used the DSSD bezel instead of creating a slightly smaller one. Yes, these might seem like overly critical remarks, but the watch does cost 12k!
I personally think sd43 is great the way it is.
Sd43 was a BIG change in many ways. Hardly a lazy design imo.
New case. New bracelet. New movement. Etc.

Btw weight difference between 126600 and 116600 is about 10 grams iirc. 185 vs 175. (That’s 0.353 oz difference)
Hardly a back breaker.

....and we went thru the same sh1t when the sd4k came out years ago. U should have heard how some people would bitch about the changes from 16600. People would even complain how the ceramic bezel made it too dressy and how it’s no longer a tool watch..etc.
The sd4k was not too popular and just sat on the display case back then... But suddenly now, the sd4k is “perfect”. Hahaha.

There is not one watch that will be perfect for everyone. Period.
Old 19 January 2020, 04:08 AM   #82
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I personally think sd43 is great the way it is.
Sd43 was a BIG change in many ways. Hardly a lazy design imo.
New case. New bracelet. New movement. Etc.

Btw weight difference between 126600 and 116600 is about 10 grams iirc. 185 vs 175. (That’s 0.353 oz difference)
Hardly a back breaker.

....and we went thru the same sh1t when the sd4k came out years ago. U should have heard how some people would bitch about the changes from 16600. People would even complain how the ceramic bezel made it too dressy and how it’s no longer a tool watch..etc.
The sd4k was not too popular and just sat on the display case back then... But suddenly now, the sd4k is “perfect”. Hahaha.

There is not one watch that will be perfect for everyone. Period.

Thanks for the support!

Btw my sized SD4k is 159 grams. 43 is sized at 179 grams for me. Still not a ton difference though I guess. But not nothing either.

Old 19 January 2020, 04:45 AM   #83
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
I know, I'm bummed about it, to the extent I will allow myself to be bummed about a watch.

Frankly I ran so many experiments this week to figure out (1) if I could improve comfort and (2) and it was indeed the 43 hurting me, not a confounded.

I took the diver extension out upon getting it because I read about how it helps in this forum, so that hasn't been in the whole time I've had it.

The other night I played with every link permutation that made sense. The most comfortable one had me not being able to use the glidelock because the bracelet was out towards the max of it, but then I thought this is stupid to have this watch and not be able to use the glidelock.

I then considered trying rubber or a nato, but then I thought I don't want to have a 12K watch that is only comfortable for me off of its intended oyster bracelet - so there was no point.

The other night before bed I was figuring out what watch to sleep in and I put on the 43. Woke up to go to the bathroom and without looking down I said to myself, "actually this is pretty comfortable, I don't know what the heck I'm talking about, I can wear this." Looked down and I was wearing the NDc instead, and I remember I changed it at the last minute before bed. I was disappointed it wasn't the 43 feeling good, but, and this may sound weird, I felt like the mistake of fact - thinking I had the 43 on - actually allowed me to think clearly/unbiased about how I felt about the piece. At that moment I wanted to keep it, so I knew then I loved the watch and it was just comfort making me want to move it along.
Pop another link or half link on the 12 O’clock side and you’ll get glidelock adjustment without changing the geometry of the strap

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 05:01 AM   #84
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Pop another link or half link on the 12 O’clock side and you’ll get glidelock adjustment without changing the geometry of the strap

Hmm interesting may have tried that and the clasp wound up not centered on wrist

Old 19 January 2020, 05:07 AM   #85
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Hmm interesting may have tried that and the clasp wound up not centered on wrist

It’s the six o’clock side that determines where the class sits, so shouldn’t make a difference

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2020, 05:28 AM   #86
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s the six o’clock side that determines where the class sits, so shouldn’t make a difference

You're absolutely right! I misunderstood. I think actually what you are advocating was my default setting. So not counting endlinks, I started with 4 links on the 6 o clock side, and 4.5 links on the 12 o clock side. Clasp perfectly centered but pain, and the watch head would gravitate higher across my wrist, towards the wrist bone.

So then I removed a link or half link (can't remember) from the 12 o'clock side causing me to move the glidelock out towards the full end. This wound up being more comfortable because somehow the watch head settled lower across my wrist, and the clasp did this weird thing where there was a little triangle gap between the clasp and the links on the 12 side, such that the clasp wasn't flush to the wrist but was more comfortable.

If I added back a link to the 12 side I'd be right back where I started.

So then I said let me add something to the 6 o'clock side so I can use the glidelock again, and then THIS caused the clasp to no longer be centered (leaning towards the 12).

I suppose I could have taken a link out of the six o'clock side and added it to the 12, but then I'd have just 3 non-end links on the 6 o'clock side, causing the clasp to be uncentered toward the 6.

I hope that makes sense, going off memory. But basically I spent a lot of time playing around but always wound up having to compromise something.
Old 20 January 2020, 02:27 AM   #87
jflala
"TRF" Member

Since is about bracelet not being comfy so I better not starting a new thread but using this existing one.

I have a 16600 and using a 93160 bracelet. Does anyone feeling the bracelet not comfortable after a day of wear with sweat of course? Any advise what the issue? Is it because of the diver extension? I don’t wear it too tight n usually wear it below the wrist bone. Any solution to this? I wish to wear it with bracelet because in my opinion wearing rolex with bracelet still the best looking in my opinion

Any one can help?
jflala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 02:41 AM   #88
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Remove the diver extension asap. Mine wears perfect now. U will see lots of threads in the matter
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 02:47 AM   #89
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

This exactly
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2020, 03:06 AM   #90
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Not every watch is for everybody.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"