The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 January 2020, 03:59 AM   #1
GS93108
"TRF" Member

How to build a relationship with AP

As the title says, this is a topic on how to build a relationship with AP to either start a brand new relationship, for those new to the brand, or how to enhance a 'poor' existing relationship for those already invested in the brand.

I'll go first with a couple of my recommendations.

1. Contact your 'preferred' AP supplier, whether that be an independent AD or an AP owned Boutique and introduce yourself personally. I used the term 'preferred' because some of you don't have local outlets and thus may wish to build a relationship overseas for example. Don't write an email, don't phone them, literally go and see them in person and shake their hand. AP will NOT sell to you unless they KNOW you and they've met you and that they TRUST you, this doesn't happen over night and it doesn't happen at arms length.

2. DO NOT make your first contact with AP asking for the current en-vogue hard to get pieces, you'll just look like a 'here today, flipped tomorrow' punter that AP does not want.

3. If you are an existing AP owner, perhaps already heavily invested in the brand, but you are getting no love from AP, then ask yourself why? I refer you to point 1 above. If having read point 1 and that you feel that you really are not being loved and that you deserve to be, then write a polite email to your local country CEO and explain your situation. Make sure you've registered your watches on the AP web site, that way you can reference your account in your email, thus verifying who you are and your purchasing history. I guarantee that this will elicit a response, else it makes AP look VERY bad. (It may take a while for you to even find out who to contact and then to receive a reply, so be patient.)

4. If you are reading this then you are surrounding yourself with like minded people here on this forum. One day, if you've earned it, then maybe someone will assist you and recommend you to AP and 'enhance' your existing relationship and perhaps elevate you by association.

5. If you know deep down that you are a flipper, then forget it, you'll be found out and you'll only ever get once chance before you are black balled.

Often times we are the masters of our own destiny, if at first you don't succeed, then try something different and if that works and isn't already on the list, then please add it.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 04:07 AM   #2
Collector2019
"TRF" Member

interesting insights, especially when it comes from someone who have been "over looked" and then "showed some love" by the brand. Thanks for sharing
Collector2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 07:21 AM   #3
ukbbc
"TRF" Member

Or, just develop purchase history and buy things from them. Anything. Regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ukbbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 07:57 AM   #4
Burlington
"TRF" Member

How to build a relationship with AP

Despite only owning the one AP, I have always found them to be hugely welcoming with a tour round Clearwater, hanging out in the boutiques, gifts, pressure testing etc.

Having a genuine curiosity and passion for the brand is all you need.

Politeness never goes amiss either when engaging with them.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 08:56 AM   #5
Milnef0
Banned

Thanks for sharing.
Milnef0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 09:31 AM   #6
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Spot on!
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote