The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 June 2018, 12:36 PM   #91
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLEJNOT_NILU View Post
If they sold you some popular modded dial with some wicked graphics and BAMFORD on it, it would be a custom dial. The one you posted is just a bad fake dial with spotty baby blue lume from a typical low quality counterfeit watch
I concur. OP is being too forgiving whether or not it was described as 'custom dial'. If Rolex is stamped on dial its a counterfeit part and aimed to deceive.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2018, 11:13 PM   #92
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Well op, you're headed down a road I would never even think of using when buying something like this.
There are no short cuts or compromises when purchasing a Rolex for me. Selling a fake watch and going back for more?
Good luck.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 01:32 AM   #93
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Well op, you're headed down a road I would never even think of using when buying something like this.
There are no short cuts or compromises when purchasing a Rolex for me. Selling a fake watch and going back for more?
Good luck.
This!!

There are certain things you shouldn't cut corners.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 03:09 AM   #94
PRSWILL
"TRF" Member

How many of you guys think this smells bad! he doesn't think a full refund is fair??I call BS. This watch was NEVER a Cameron and if it was represented as such, that's fraud. Something's not right.
PRSWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 05:15 AM   #95
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSWILL View Post
How many of you guys think this smells bad! he doesn't think a full refund is fair??I call BS. This watch was NEVER a Cameron and if it was represented as such, that's fraud. Something's not right.
Yea, story seemed genuine until that point.

If I get ripped off, I'm not pulling my pants down for round two.
Old 29 June 2018, 05:25 AM   #96
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
I think you said they have a good return policy......just take advantage of it, and be done woth it. Just my worthless (free) suggestion. Ed
Old 29 June 2018, 05:28 AM   #97
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
This watch is no good. This company is no good. Send it back for a 100% refund.
Old 29 June 2018, 06:14 AM   #98
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Yea, story seemed genuine until that point.

If I get ripped off, I'm not pulling my pants down for round two.
Also, can anyone confirm that TrueFacet removes the listings once the watch has been sold? That seems somewhat unusual for most ecommerce sites. Even it's no longer listed on their site, the links are often still active.
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 06:33 AM   #99
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauffee View Post
Also, can anyone confirm that TrueFacet removes the listings once the watch has been sold?
Some do but most don't in my experience. Personally I find it quite irritating to see sold merchandise listed. There's no reason why the OP shouldn't have access to what he bought though. That in itself is a red flag.
Old 29 June 2018, 07:40 AM   #100
MinMay
Banned

looks cool i like it.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 07:44 AM   #101
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon1

The following jumps out at me:

1. In post #3 He states "........thanks going back to the store". He bought it online..........thus how does one "go back to the store"? Read post #10 ( I´m still here, lol. I actually purchased this piece online from TrueFacet...................."

He/She goes on to state that it´s the only piece he/she has bought online.

2. In post #30 he/she states :

I'm just a casual watch collector but I have shown it to friends of mine that are watch enthusiast and it passed all there (sic) tests...........

Curious as to what/which tests were those?

Now take note of the next part of post #30 :

I did pay a high price for it so it's not like I got a tremendous break on it.

Now compare that comment with post #32:

It didn't come with papers but that was reflected in the discounted price.

3. In post #56 he re-states that he has watch collector buddies that he/she really does not want to discuss the purchase with, but don´t forget that in post #30, the watch passed all the tests that his/her watch collector buddies applied on the watch. So how did they apply the tests without holding the watch? Or was it the infamous picture test? Were you mute when you asked them to apply those tests? No explanation given on why you wanted them to "test it"? The only reason I can think of that I´d want a watch buddy of mine to test my watch is, if I think it is fake. One thing is to ask my buddy to admire my watch ( I am certain it is legit) and another would be to ask him to test it ( I might think it is fake).

So he/she is an amateur collector (he/she has stated that from his/her collection, this one particular piece is the only one bought online. So this would not be your first rodeo, you are spending or investing US$11,000.00 and you don´t take the time to read or to even keep the listing of the watch you bought, so if something went "sideways" (which it did) , you would have a "leg to stand on"????

You then ask for advice on what to do, prevailing advice is to return it and get your money back........but later on you state it is not fair to at least try to get it returned?

The explanation doesn't jell for me. In my opinion, this is a smell test, to see if a fake can pass as legitimate.
Old 29 June 2018, 09:12 AM   #102
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_KNIGHT View Post
The following jumps out at me:

1. In post #3 He states "........thanks going back to the store". He bought it online..........thus how does one "go back to the store"? Read post #10 ( I´m still here, lol. I actually purchased this piece online from TrueFacet...................."

He/She goes on to state that it´s the only piece he/she has bought online.

2. In post #30 he/she states :

I'm just a casual watch collector but I have shown it to friends of mine that are watch enthusiast and it passed all there (sic) tests...........

Curious as to what/which tests were those?

Now take note of the next part of post #30 :

I did pay a high price for it so it's not like I got a tremendous break on it.

Now compare that comment with post #32:

It didn't come with papers but that was reflected in the discounted price.

3. In post #56 he re-states that he has watch collector buddies that he/she really does not want to discuss the purchase with, but don´t forget that in post #30, the watch passed all the tests that his/her watch collector buddies applied on the watch. So how did they apply the tests without holding the watch? Or was it the infamous picture test? Were you mute when you asked them to apply those tests? No explanation given on why you wanted them to "test it"? The only reason I can think of that I´d want a watch buddy of mine to test my watch is, if I think it is fake. One thing is to ask my buddy to admire my watch ( I am certain it is legit) and another would be to ask him to test it ( I might think it is fake).

So he/she is an amateur collector (he/she has stated that from his/her collection, this one particular piece is the only one bought online. So this would not be your first rodeo, you are spending or investing US$11,000.00 and you don´t take the time to read or to even keep the listing of the watch you bought, so if something went "sideways" (which it did) , you would have a "leg to stand on"????

You then ask for advice on what to do, prevailing advice is to return it and get your money back........but later on you state it is not fair to at least try to get it returned?

The explanation doesn't jell for me. In my opinion, this is a smell test, to see if a fake can pass as legitimate.

Finally, somebody with some sense. Let me also direct you to post 58:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
So many comments in here about this watch from people who have no clue what they’re talking about.
Exactly what I was insulting with this post. All these people making comments believing this story, when that watch is a fake and the OP’s story was made up to begin with. I just didn’t want to be the guy to call out once again, another poster, because some members think I ‘unfairly’ always take seller’s sides too often.

I don’t get how this thread has even continued this long.

Hey, post up that receipt OP, prove us wrong that you paid $10k+ for that hunk of junk.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 10:00 AM   #103
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately there is a lot of shoot-the-messenger going on here. You don't need to be a master watchmaker to tell if multiple issues exist, even from a solitary blurry photo.
Old 29 June 2018, 03:32 PM   #104
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

I apologize - felt like the story was real and the OP was taken by some dumb site selling Frankens. 99.9% of these types of threads are usually scammers.

HEY, I JUST DROPPED $11k, BUT NOW IS WHEN I WANT ADVICE, not before the purchase, BUT NOW!!

Jimmy Cameron and his terrible fake Deep-Sad Saddweller.

To me, not wanting to outright return the thing was obviously a huge red flag.

I don’t see the point of these threads anymore; grandpa’s Rolex, estate sale find, online site, etc.. It’s all such BS.
Old 29 June 2018, 04:47 PM   #105
Takemetothepub
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post

I don’t see the point of these threads anymore; grandpa’s Rolex, estate sale find, online site, etc.. It’s all such BS.
Sometimes people are genuinely after advice (I was).

And lets be honest, if you didn't like seeing the silly "My Grandpa left me a Rolex" stories you wouldn't click into this area of the forum

I think secretly we all enjoy calling out a scammer. Well, I would If I knew my arse from my elbow when it comes to fakes V's gen!
Takemetothepub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2018, 05:23 PM   #106
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Finally, somebody with some sense. Let me also direct you to post 58:

Exactly what I was insulting with this post. All these people making comments believing this story, when that watch is a fake and the OP’s story was made up to begin with. I just didn’t want to be the guy to call out once again, another poster, because some members think I ‘unfairly’ always take seller’s sides too often.

I don’t get how this thread has even continued this long.

Hey, post up that receipt OP, prove us wrong that you paid $10k+ for that hunk of junk.
Well in post #85 of yours you were sort of on his side, just saying. The watch was a fake from the first post. Wrong lume, blurry picture and new member usually add up to one thing. I try to be polite because I appreciate being here but these types of threads are so obvious.
I could also tell something was fishy based on the history of his posts before this thread but again, one has to be polite and mature and offer the benefit of doubt when possible.
Dark Knight, thank you.
Old 29 June 2018, 05:34 PM   #107
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Well in post #85 of yours you were sort of on his side, just saying. The watch was a fake from the first post. Wrong lume, blurry picture and new member usually add up to one thing. I try to be polite because I appreciate being here but these types of threads are so obvious.
I could also tell something was fishy based on the history of his posts before this thread but again, one has to be polite and mature and offer the benefit of doubt when possible.
Dark Knight, thank you.
The OP? What history? He has only ever posted in this thread.
Old 29 June 2018, 05:40 PM   #108
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
The OP? What history? He has only ever posted in this thread.
Oops you are correct, I've mistaken him for another poster with a similar name.
My apologies.
Old 29 June 2018, 07:10 PM   #109
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dark Knight, thank you.
My post 85 was sarcasm in just calling out the member who wanted to claim there was a 5 digit DSSD

But yeah, I get how you can read into it that way. Totally not on the ‘buyers’ side, as I don’t think he was ever a ‘buyer’ to begin with.

Just got to be honest with this entire ‘watch out’ section. There’s a TON of people who perhaps have good intention in their mind/heart...but they really have no clue what they’re talking about. Would be better to simply not say anything at all.
Old 29 June 2018, 07:11 PM   #110
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My post 85 was sarcasm in just calling out the member who wanted to claim there was a 5 digit DSSD

But yeah, I get how you can read into it that way. Totally not on the ‘buyers’ side, as I don’t think he was ever a ‘buyer’ to begin with.
Whew, that makes much more sense lols.
Old 29 June 2018, 07:15 PM   #111
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Whew, that makes much more sense lols.
OP also has been back on forum 20 minutes after dark_knight posted (obviously to read his response). OP not stating a single thing says all we need to know.
Old 30 June 2018, 08:31 AM   #112
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon12

Quote:
OP also has been back on forum 20 minutes after dark_knight posted (obviously to read his response). OP not stating a single thing says all we need to know.
I totally agree with you.

Thank you Rashid.bk