The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 11 April 2012, 05:15 AM   #91
BOA
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD
It's obvious that these guys have a backlog of "sleeper" usernames ready and waiting for the day they decide to use them. Too bad they don't have an expiration date.
Old 11 April 2012, 05:24 AM   #92
ratae1950
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin B View Post
True, but unfortunately the bad guys don't always use it for it's intended purposes.

If I came across as agitated or irrational I sincerely apologize as that was not my intention. Sometimes these threads take a little while to show their true intentions and therefore are able to progress. There is a fine line between just spouting "FAKE" and pointing out every little detail. Again, if I came across rudely, please accept my apology.
Kevin, I was not implying you were agitated or irrational and I am sorry if my post suggested that. I think you and others have a point about the possible 'fake test fishing' and suggest some thought be given to regulating these posts. They are often from 'new members' who could quite easily have their watches verified by a face to face with an AD or experienced watch service person. A focus on members with a reasonable post count and on sales sites such as Ebay would be a possible approach.
Old 11 April 2012, 06:05 AM   #93
floater156
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdejong View Post
Maybe we should stop pointing out what the counterfeiters are doing wrong? It seems like they are trying to find out the fakes' weak spots.

Are they so cheap that they can't just buy a real one if they want to see the difference? I'd love to meet one of these losers in person and let them know what I think of 'em.

I'm betting that rolexfall, slipperman, and blue rocket are accounts used by the OP, they need to be banned.
Old 11 April 2012, 06:44 AM   #94
FusionSel
"TRF" Member

Where's the Popcorn... Bravo. nice show

The watch was indeed fake. I saw and overlooked all of the points that tell on the watch and they matched. I must say, the rehaut looked quite good. It looked so good it scared me.
We have to watch out even more now for fakes. Just keep buying from the AD and the trusted sellers here. Good lesson learned.

Well done TRF
Old 11 April 2012, 06:58 AM   #95
Ed Rooney
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 16600
You know somewhere on some replica forum, there's some thread where this guy is posting about how he posted his new replica on some legit watch forums and they couldn't tell if it was fake or not. It makes them feel good about their fake watches.
Old 11 April 2012, 07:02 AM   #96
simonmcc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionSel View Post
Where's the Popcorn... Bravo. nice show

The watch was indeed fake. I saw and overlooked all of the points that tell on the watch and they matched. I must say, the rehaut looked quite good. It looked so good it scared me.
We have to watch out even more now for fakes. Just keep buying from the AD and the trusted sellers here. Good lesson learned.

Well done TRF
It worrying isn't it? Im still not sure, I hate not being able to spot some of these recent reps.
Old 11 April 2012, 09:14 AM   #97
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
man you guys are like super detectives. i own a subc too and i dont have the expert eye. thanks though to all that shared their info it helps me learn more about this great brand
Old 11 April 2012, 09:56 AM   #98
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
that is one fine fake watch to me.

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
Old 11 April 2012, 11:56 AM   #99
Wacker23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex sub
the person that started this post made himself look dopey. He asked about a watch when he got called out on it he kept trying to screw around. He lied when he said he went to tourneau in 40 minutes, (it takes me 10 minutes to wait and come down an elevator). Then when told to provide some paperwork he ducked the issue. He should have just came back on when he got his stuff together and left it at that. I go on a few rep sites im sorry to tell you guys but i never read guys there brag about how they fooled any gen watch foums except their friends. If your gonna have a rep watch for yourself to enjoy,go nuts but if your gonna do that to rip people off you will get wats coming to you,but hats what i think.
Old 11 April 2012, 12:23 PM   #100
Blue Owl
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by odie2355 View Post
Not laughing at all it was from my fiance but she got it from the wholesaler that I bought the diamond ring from. She is a family friend so I can't imagine that she would dupe me or my family and it came with papers and the box but again it wasnt from rolex directly so I am looking for insight from people that have owned Rolex for a long time. She did pay what they cost just no tax so I want to be 100% that she did not get ripped off. I know I can do the authenticity check with Rolex but I would rather not have to go through the trouble. I don't think the first pic posted did any justice hopefully the second was better.
Dude, why didn't u never share us good shots of the box, papers, hang tags and etc? I believe all things will be revealed afterwards.
Old 11 April 2012, 04:20 PM   #101
212kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: Date Just
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOA View Post
One and eleven o'clock markers on the bezel are different widths. I say fake.
Also 11 o'clock marker looks to have a crack in it. I have seen this crack on many fakes in Chinatown NYC for some reason right on the 11 bezel marker it cracks for them since they use some type of fugasi ceramic. But if it's not cracked then my theory goes out the window :(
Old 11 April 2012, 06:34 PM   #102
MoBe
"TRF" Member

All of this reminds me of the saying: It`s not the lie,it`s the cover up that gets you.
Old 11 April 2012, 10:47 PM   #103
♛Fan♛

No pics yet on this page, so here's a reminder of the OP pic:

Pic from a gen seller:

Link> http://www.watchcentre.com/Archives/...e-B-P-116610LN
Old 12 April 2012, 02:06 AM   #104
simonmcc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♛Fan♛ View Post
No pics yet on this page, so here's a reminder of the OP pic:

Pic from a gen seller:

Link> http://www.watchcentre.com/Archives/...e-B-P-116610LN
The 'e' and the 'd' don't line up on this gen pic either???? Am I missing something here?
Old 12 April 2012, 03:29 AM   #105
hanybad
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116523,116710,5513
I think ♛Fan♛,odie2355 and Rolexresearch are the same person.
Old 12 April 2012, 03:32 AM   #106
mattyb65
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub-C
this is a scary thread
Old 12 April 2012, 04:03 AM   #107
scocope

From Blue Rocket:
"did anyone comment on my reasons why I believe it's a gen? There are deviations between dials in many rolex models...just because it may be slightly different from the one on your wrist doesn't mean it's fake."

Why would anyone even want to respond to you, when you have been so uncivil by calling other members "idiots"?

Last edited by scocope; 12 April 2012 at 04:09 AM.. Reason: word
Old 12 April 2012, 04:55 AM   #108
chaisson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratae1950 View Post
Interesting thread

I am not a Rolex authority, but I do a lot of highly detailed design work. Upon review of the watch in question the differences between it and verifiable Rolex to me are in order of clarity:

The 3 of 300m is not directly below the R in MARINER above.
the f in ft is too short.
The = between ft and 300m is off and the space it sits in too large.
The cyclops appears to be off center with the horizontal axis of the dial.

Thank you every one for making me look more carefully. Keep up the good work!
Please take a look at mine, so the 3 should be directly below the R in Mariner?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1rolex photo.JPG (115.8 KB, 278 views)
Old 12 April 2012, 05:35 AM   #109
ratae1950
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaisson View Post
Please take a look at mine, so the 3 should be directly below the R in Mariner?
If you carefully read my post you will note I did not say should, or say the watch in question was a fake.

I am just observing the differences.
Old 12 April 2012, 05:36 AM   #110
♛Fan♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanybad View Post
Oh no no no! I was interested in this thread and posted a photo I found online that looked similar to the watch the OP posted. My only intention was to offer a comparison photo for discussion. I'm one of those people who likes to be able to see differences rather than have someone describe them to me.
Old 12 April 2012, 05:49 AM   #111
hanybad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♛Fan♛ View Post
Oh no no no! I was interested in this thread and posted a photo I found online that looked similar to the watch the OP posted. My only intention was to offer a comparison photo for discussion. I'm one of those people who likes to be able to see differences rather than have someone describe them to me.
Sorry, you have to understand where I'm coming from.... First post and from New York same things with the other users.
Old 12 April 2012, 06:02 AM   #112
♛Fan♛

Quote:
Sorry, you have to understand where I'm coming from.... First post and from New York same things with the other users.
I just get a little nervous when I'm being mixed up with people I don't know. There's a lot for me to learn so I'm generally only going to post things that help me understand, and throw a few compliments about.

Old 12 April 2012, 06:05 AM   #113
JIFF1975

Watch: SDDS, 116610LV
Perpetual knowledge here guys!!!

NOT!!!

100% genuine!!!

Pearl, rehaut all 100% A OK!
Old 12 April 2012, 06:20 AM   #114
brian8121
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5960p+6262
I don't think a replica / counterfeit watch can be justified in any way. I'm not saying replica owners are all evil nor am I saying that all authentic watch owners are saints. A replica is a counterfeit watch - that's a fact. It doesn't matter how much the real version costs or how good or bad of a value it is. A replica is a counterfeit watch, end of story.

If its truly about pricing or cost or value, wouldn't it be better to purchase a genuine G-shock or Seiko than a fake Rolex? Price inflation is irrelevant. It may be a reason that fakes exist, but it's not a justification.

I also think that it's a bit ironic that you would point out some Rolex owners' supposed haughty attitudes toward rep owners while demonstrating that exact same superior attitude ("a part of me can't help but wonder...") from, IMO, an untenable position on the side of counterfeit/replica watches.

Just my opinion, and if it sounds superior or ruins my reputation on the "watch forum community" I'll have to learn to live the disappointment. Though I suspect most others in that community would agree with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBachs View Post
Thanks for the chuckle Mr. Rooney.

In contrast to Mr. Rooney's misconception, rep forum members who post such topics are banned from the forum. This type of behavior is never condoned, encouraged or tolerated in any form.

One thing that I believe is important to note, is that because of our experience in dissecting and discussing in great length replica watches Vs their gen counter parts, rep forum members are diligently involved in reporting replica watches and accessories being sold as gen on eBay. For those who might be a little slow, this means that we play a large part in preventing (as much as possible) potential gen owners from being scammed.

Sure, from time to time there will be someone who feels they can pass a replica off as a gen, but these people are generally far and few between and are shunned on the rep forums. There have been some great conversations initiated between gen and rep owners, as well as watchsmiths who are intrigued by the quality of a good replica watch.

As a member on many other watch forums, I can safely say that TRF has a poor reputation among the other watch forum community. I certainly do not mean to insult some of the members here who are respectful of people in general, and I do have to admit that there's a great deal of very helpful and informed individuals on this forum. But, there are many who have bought into the Rolex hype hook, line, and sinker. They feel that because they own a Rolex, some sort of mystical social status has been bestowed upon them, and in their whirlpool of euphoric narcissism, feel that anyone who attempts to taint that illusory decree must be evil. This perception couldn't be further from the truth.

A part of me can't help but to wonder if much of the anger or frustration comes from some gen owners unconsciously knowing that a watch that can be had for thousands of dollars, could also be had at a fraction of the price. Possibly there is some resentment towards some watch mfrs (particularly Rolex) who greatly inflate the price of their watches that the purchase, and repair of them.

Granted, a replica may not be as high quality as a gen, but when the discussion becomes one where magnifying glasses and microscopes are needed to tell the difference, I'm quite happy knowing that if I drop/damage or lose my watch, I'm not going to need to pony up a hefty sum to be able to tell the time again. I'm also quite satisfied knowing that my watch runs as well or better than a gen Rolex- which many of you are aware can have the same issues as any rep.

Regarding the individual who claimed they would punch a rep owner in the face- it seems that your sense of self-grandeur is on steroids. Nowhere else on any watch forum would you hear such nonsense. Shame on you sir, shame on you for your false pride. If I were you, I'd start by punching myself in the face until I realized that the time piece on my wrist is nothing more than a bunch of metal parts working in unison to tell me what time it was. To make more of it than that is shear insanity.
Old 12 April 2012, 06:30 AM   #115
scocope

Quoting ThinkBachs:
"In contrast to Mr. Rooney's misconception, rep forum members who post such topics are banned from the forum. This type of behavior is never condoned, encouraged or tolerated in any form."

Wow! You must be very busy individual to be able to make such a blanket statement about all of the replica forum sites. Mr. Rooney's statement that; ". . .on some replica forum. . ." never identified any particular site; did it? I really do not want to sound harsh, BUT detail is really not a replica owner's forte is it?

Last edited by scocope; 12 April 2012 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: spacing
Old 12 April 2012, 08:08 AM   #116
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:

agree 100%, dollars to doughnuts.
hanybad, don't be dissuaded by the weak theatrics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBachs View Post

...As a member on many other watch forums, I can safely say that TRF has a poor reputation among the other watch forum community. I certainly do not mean to insult some of the members here... ...But, there are many who have bought into the Rolex hype hook, line, and sinker. They feel that because they own a Rolex, some sort of mystical social status has been bestowed upon them, and in their whirlpool of euphoric narcissism, feel that anyone who attempts to taint that illusory decree must be evil. This perception couldn't be further from the truth.

A part of me can't help but to wonder if much of the anger or frustration comes from some gen owners unconsciously knowing that a watch that can be had for thousands of dollars, could also be had at a fraction of the price. Possibly there is some resentment towards some watch mfrs (particularly Rolex) who greatly inflate the price of their watches that the purchase, and repair of them.

Granted, a replica may not be as high quality as a gen, but when the discussion becomes one where magnifying glasses and microscopes are needed to tell the difference, I'm quite happy knowing that if I drop/damage or lose my watch, I'm not going to need to pony up a hefty sum to be able to tell the time again. I'm also quite satisfied knowing that my watch runs as well or better than a gen Rolex- which many of you are aware can have the same issues as any rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian8121 View Post
I don't think a replica / counterfeit watch can be justified in any way. I'm not saying replica owners are all evil nor am I saying that all authentic watch owners are saints. A replica is a counterfeit watch - that's a fact. It doesn't matter how much the real version costs or how good or bad of a value it is. A replica is a counterfeit watch, end of story.

If its truly about pricing or cost or value, wouldn't it be better to purchase a genuine G-shock or Seiko than a fake Rolex? Price inflation is irrelevant. It may be a reason that fakes exist, but it's not a justification.

I also think that it's a bit ironic that you would point out some Rolex owners' supposed haughty attitudes toward rep owners while demonstrating that exact same superior attitude ("a part of me can't help but wonder...") from, IMO, an untenable position on the side of counterfeit/replica watches.

Just my opinion, and if it sounds superior or ruins my reputation on the "watch forum community" I'll have to learn to live the disappointment. Though I suspect most others in that community would agree with me.
agree with Brian... simply put "reps" are counterfeit watches, if they are sold in a store or in the street they are seized on sight and the sellers are taken to jail with the authority of a standing court order. these watches can only be sold when they are hidden from the authorities via loopholes and redtape.

ThinkBachs, you are making an argument that is very convoluted to justify this counterfeit illegal merchandise, you claim exceptionally detailed knowledge of the counterfeit watch sites and are an extraordinary proponent of the same.

in my little experience in the world, the interest in authentic items and simultaneous interest in counterfeit items are two parallel lines that do not intersect, unless there is a less than noble reason.

PS you are insulting and if all the counterfeit sites in the world have an issue with this legitimate upstanding site then i for one shall consider it a badge of honor.
Old 12 April 2012, 08:58 AM   #117
hanybad
"TRF" Member

hanybad, don't be dissuaded by the weak theatrics.

I like to give the benefit of the doubt first until proven otherwise.
Old 12 April 2012, 09:07 AM   #118
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

This thread has run it's course....

It's seen far to many back seat drivers, who only see the thread and not the behind closed curtain scenes!

Always purchase through a respectable seller, and never assume it "looks good"!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Old 12 April 2012, 09:33 AM   #119
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
Agreed Rob.

Plenty of clearing out the trash done on this thread also.

Replica sites are not respected by TRF. Why would they be.

Further those who are clearly supporting them in any way shape or form are not welcome here.

This type of stuff is a complete waste of members time.

There were also some extremely arrogant comments made by these individuals in this thread.

TRF members please be wary of anyone who comes on here with a question immediately asking for information on whether a watch is real or fake. It's usually a good sign they're not here for genuine reasons.

And after all this is a genuine site

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
Closed Thread