The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 December 2005, 05:22 AM   #1
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Ok I think I am starting to not like the pepsi

As some of you may know I slapped on the Pepsi bezel on my GMT2 to try it out. I have to say the watch constantly screams HEY LOOK AT ME, which is something I am not a fan of. There are so many ppl around me who have never noticed any of my watches, even when the GMT2 had the red/black bezel, now notice the pepsi Ad on my wrist

I think its going to go back to red/blk or all black soon, I dont like all this attention.
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2005, 05:25 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
....I have to say the watch constantly screams HEY LOOK AT ME,

...and that's a bad thing? I have on the beautiful TT Blue YM and I'd be lucky to get even one single comment on it!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2005, 05:46 AM   #3
Atomic

I have to agree Roger. I'm all about going with the traditional colours (hence my dislike of the white dial on the ExpII) but the one place I bend is the red/blue GMT bezel. I much prefer all black with black/red as a second choice.

Then again, you can always get a semi-sloping SS bezel for the ultimate stealth look .
Old 17 December 2005, 07:22 AM   #4
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
My 16233 never gets noticed, thats why this is weird to me.
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2005, 11:33 AM   #5
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
....I have to say the watch constantly screams HEY LOOK AT ME,

...and that's a bad thing? I have on the beautiful TT Blue YM and I'd be lucky to get even one single comment on it!
Because it's a fake.
Old 17 December 2005, 01:26 PM   #6
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

As long as you don't run in to a group of rabid coke fans then you s/b OK... or just go with red and black I think that combo is best anyways. Is it possible that Rolex would introduce another colour combination? The Green bezel on the LV... what next?

“Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)
kingblackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2005, 05:03 PM   #7
TARDIS
"TRF" Member

I don't like the blue/red either!

G'day everyone. In regard to Roger F's comments about the GMT with the so called Pepsi Cola bezel, I feel that I must come on line and comment.

I spent the final 15 years of my work travelling both within my country and overseas. Unfortunately, I did not at that time own the watch which is pictured below. I did own a dual time watch at that time, but it was not a Rolex.
This 16710 is a recent acquisition and to my mind is the pinnacle of watches for my personal daily use.

I thought I saw a Pepsi bezel Rolex once on an overseas trip on the wrist of a gentleman from Bangkok, but alas, the only thing genuine was the Pepsi Cola bottle he was offering to sell me at my hotel. Closer examination of his treasure indicated that it was a fake. I didn't insult him by telling him as he probably knew that anyway. The only other time I thought I saw one was on the arm of an Indian gentleman in a grocery store in Harare years ago, but again the watch was a fake, easily identifiable by the second hand moving in 1 second jumps.

I believe that the blue/red bezel is the first choice among those who wish to aspire to the Rolex owner status and indicate that fact to the rest of society, because as you say it shouts at you.

A friend of mine is a pilot with Qantas and he owns a 16710 with a RED/Black bezel. He once said that the Pespi bezel is only suitable for Pepsi Cola salesman! I thought that was appropriate!

Hope you all have a good Festive Season and may your God go with you.

Tardis
TARDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2005, 11:37 AM   #8
pensivedoc
"TRF" Member

Never liked the Pepsi myself, Roger, but wouldn't have said it until you did :)
pensivedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2005, 12:59 PM   #9
tpearman
"TRF" Member

I've had all three

I initially bought all black. But I thought it looked too much like the Sub, so I swapped bezels for red/black (pictured). But I grew bored with that, and tried the Pepsi. The pepsi was my least favorite in the display case, but oddly, my favorite looker on my wrist. I kind of agree with it being noticeable, though I can't say that anyone ever actually commented on it. I think the two most noticeable Rolex models are the SS sub and the Pepsi GMT, probably because they're the oldest models, and the most faked, so you see them in replica version frequently.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GMT f-series red black (small).jpg (48.1 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg small pic 1.jpg (48.8 KB, 47 views)
tpearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2005, 01:13 PM   #10
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Interesting comments. I see Subs around here all the time, but I can't recall ever seeing a GMT or either of the Explorers. I was drawn to the Pepesi bezel model because of the history, and they are colourful, but I've bought the red/black both times now. I would've changed to an all black bezel had the AD been able to get one from Rolex, but now I think I'm kinda glad he couldn't.
BruceS is offline   Reply With Quote