The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 December 2005, 03:54 AM   #1
YM_Jason
"TRF" Member

Adding a link

I think I want to add a link to my bracelet for the YM.

Whats the going rate?
Whats involved?

Thanks guys,
J
YM_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2005, 03:59 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YM_Jason
I think I want to add a link to my bracelet for the YM.

Whats the going rate?
Whats involved?

Thanks guys,
J
Wow, Jason...you must have a large wrist. Not sure about the price per unit link...sure one of the guys will help out. You might also want to check with your AD...at least you can be assured of a genuine link from him.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2005, 04:15 AM   #3
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Wow, Jason...you must have a large wrist. Not sure about the price per unit link...sure one of the guys will help out. You might also want to check with your AD...at least you can be assured of a genuine link from him.

Good luck - JJ
I've seen genuine links on fleabay going for around US$30 per, or so. Since you have a YM, I'll bet they're more expensive given the center link is polished.

Price them at your AD. I would imagine NOS or extra links for a YM would be hard to find in the secondary market.
Old 20 December 2005, 05:16 AM   #4
YM_Jason
"TRF" Member

Yeah I am a pretty big guy, I have a linemans build. I probably have a 8 1/2 wrist and my arms are almost 20 inches...

My YM fits ok/snug now, it's just I know in the summer it will be tighter and I do like a bit looser watch.

I talked to an AD in Sac (bought my YM in SF, 2 hour drive no traffic) she basically said about $35 or so and that they need the serial ## to get the correct link from Rolex.

I was just wondering if anyone had added a link before and if so how much $$ did they pay and their experience?

Again, thanks for the help guys
YM_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2005, 05:41 AM   #5
Atomic

Jason, I think you may be hard pressed to find anyone here with wrists the size of your meathooks.

Adding a link is no more difficult than removing one. The correct size screwdriver and it's off in no time. Or, forego the risk of scratching the bracelet or damaging the screw-end, have your AD make the adjustment.
Old 20 December 2005, 08:26 AM   #6
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Hey Jason. I had the same problem when I bought my SS Sub Date. It could barely fit over my wrist and when on it was very snug. My AD put another link in on the spot on the 12 side of the watch. He didn't charge me but I think the going rate for a brushed link is around $50. Like Atomic said, yours may be more due to the fact that it's polished.
Try to sweet talk your dealer into giving it to you. Tell him you drove 2 hrs to buy the watch from him and yada, yada, yada. The worst he's going to say is no.
On the other hand, you didn't state if your YM is TT or SS/Plat. If it's TT, the link will be more money.
Old 20 December 2005, 11:55 AM   #7
Vavoom
"TRF" Member

$35.00 from the AD is not so bad, Just Doooooooo Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vavoom
Vavoom is offline   Reply With Quote