The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 September 2019, 01:51 AM   #1
ColdFusi0n
"TRF" Member

Need advice on 2nd AP ROO Please. 44mm Panda , 42mm Panda or Rubbberclad?

Hey guys. Would appreciate some advice for my second AP Purchase.

I don’t wanna be “that guy” but I’m in a serious dilemma!

Currently I already own the Volcano Theme. It’s basically a black dial / steel body and orange.

Now I can’t decide which would be the best second ap.

1) 44mm Novelty Panda
My thoughts, this has always been the watch I’ve been longing for. Only down side is that I’m afraid it’s too big for my wrist and it’s above my comfortable budget. I mean it’s affordable, but with a heavy heart!

2) Rubbberclad H Series (the one with the steel chrono hands and black date)
This watch has a lot of sentimental value to me. It was my very first AP that I loved but I sold it for my Volcano. I kinda miss it, a part of me is saying that if I like it I should get it but I’m afraid that it wont bring that excitement feeling because I’ve already own it before so I know how it feels.

3) 42mm Panda Theme.
Among all the while dial APs this is by far one of the nicest with its sporty looks with compliments my style. Since my Volcano is already black dial, I think it’s a good idea to have a second watch with a different theme colour and variety.

The Rubbberclad is $2000 cheaper then the 42mm panda while the 44mm will take a painful chuck out of my savings.

So which one is ideal as a second AP in your opinion. Thanks in advance!
ColdFusi0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 03:22 AM   #2
yoast
"TRF" Member

If you feel the 44mm is too big, it probably is... save yourself a lot of money and problems by eliminating it.
Have a look at the safari also, they can be found for good prices nowadays.
Rubberclad is nice, but dated now, and you have owned it already so you will be likely to sell again (I have owned 6 x rolex 16710 this way)
Panda also a tad dated imo, but the best of the ones you mentioned for me. Can be had on a bracelet also which is nice for a little diversification.

Good luck
Old 21 September 2019, 03:23 AM   #3
Reign
"TRF" Member

What’s your wrist size? There are a few guys on here that have 6.5” wrists but the 44 looks great on them - it all depends on how your wrist shape is and how it looks on you.

Notwithstanding the above, I’d go with the 44. It’s a bit of a stretch but gut feel is that with time, you’ll forget about how much you’ve spent and really enjoy it more vs getting something else and thinking what if.

Good luck and share pics of whatever you decide on!
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 04:40 AM   #4
golfski
"TRF" Member

Watch: me whip & nay nay
I added a Diver as my first AP because I was too afraid of the size of the 44mm, but eventually was able to try one on and it honestly isn't much bigger on the wrist. If you already have a ROO Chrono, that is pretty close the size already and they honestly felt like they were in the same ballpark. I have a 7" wrist.

Having the ROO Chrono already, I'd get the 44mm Panda, the others are essentially the same case shape as what you already have, the 44mm gives some variety.
golfski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 05:29 AM   #5
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
The 44 is the best choice so give that every chance, go to a dealer and try one on and take mirror pics, most who wear a 42 can wear a 44, it's supposed to fill your wrist.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 09:55 AM   #6
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFusi0n View Post
Hey guys. Would appreciate some advice for my second AP Purchase.

I don’t wanna be “that guy” but I’m in a serious dilemma!

Currently I already own the Volcano Theme. It’s basically a black dial / steel body and orange.

Now I can’t decide which would be the best second ap.

1) 44mm Novelty Panda
My thoughts, this has always been the watch I’ve been longing for. Only down side is that I’m afraid it’s too big for my wrist and it’s above my comfortable budget. I mean it’s affordable, but with a heavy heart!

2) Rubbberclad H Series (the one with the steel chrono hands and black date)
This watch has a lot of sentimental value to me. It was my very first AP that I loved but I sold it for my Volcano. I kinda miss it, a part of me is saying that if I like it I should get it but I’m afraid that it wont bring that excitement feeling because I’ve already own it before so I know how it feels.

3) 42mm Panda Theme.
Among all the while dial APs this is by far one of the nicest with its sporty looks with compliments my style. Since my Volcano is already black dial, I think it’s a good idea to have a second watch with a different theme colour and variety.

The Rubbberclad is $2000 cheaper then the 42mm panda while the 44mm will take a painful chuck out of my savings.

So which one is ideal as a second AP in your opinion. Thanks in advance!

Just go with a PAM and call it a day
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 10:54 AM   #7
s14roller
"TRF" Member

I've owned the 42 and 44 panda. Loved the 44 due to ceramic so that's my choice (6.5 in wrist)
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 11:46 AM   #8
jag32
Banned

Watch: PP/AP/BP/UN
This thread is not complete without 42 vs 42mm comparison wrist pics!
jag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2019, 09:51 PM   #9
ColdFusi0n
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys. I went for a 42mm panda instead on white strap.

I recon that since Volcano on black hornback has a dark theme vibe to it, having the total opposite would be a better choice for variety. Will post pic soon
ColdFusi0n is offline   Reply With Quote