The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 November 2018, 02:28 AM   #61
Kigan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blancpain AC01
The Speedmaster's CK2998 & Tuesday are much better than the duo Sub & Santos. Especially when in the collection of Red Sea-Dweller & TT Sub.
Old 15 November 2018, 02:31 AM   #62
snyde
"TRF" Member

Lock them away for 2-3 weeks. Make sure you won’t miss them. Maybe you’re getting joy from looking at them everyday.
snyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 02:55 AM   #63
MinMay
Banned

That’s why I never ask people for their opinion which watch to buy. I buy what I like, not from someone else liking.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 03:15 AM   #64
1665fan
"TRF" Member

How about the people who sold pieces for a few grand that are now worth 20-50k......makes a few grand that your going to lose not a big deal....and now you know Rolex sport models only! Everything else will lose money
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 03:27 AM   #65
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
Those are nice watches sucks you don't like them anymore.

If those watches we're highly desired be the public would you still dislike them?

A famous YT International Guru with Horns says to buy Steel Sports Rolex...but your Seiko is cool; lots of watch for the #
eco8gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 03:38 AM   #66
hitman23
"TRF" Member

Isn't this the norm in watch collecting? Before 2017, you pretty much lost money on any watch that was less than a few years old if you were flipping.
hitman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 03:39 AM   #67
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic991 View Post
So yeah, get rid of what your not happy with and move on. And then use the cash to get more Rolex. You’ll be so elated with the new watch that it’ll take the sting away for the loss you just took from selling the unwanted watches. It’s part of the hobby and enjoyment.
Good point, I sold of a few pieces of a popular brand I don't wish to mention and consolidated them all for an EXP II Polar, never looked back. One of the best watch decisions I made.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 03:41 AM   #68
timedate
-

looks a great collection, i understand how you feel though, i get a similar feeling when i think of the many years of of my silly car purchases and getting taken, either on the car or on the repairs, you look back and you cant believe how it happened that way, so far no watch regrets for me, only satisfaction. good luck.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 04:32 AM   #69
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

No regrets just lessons for me...
BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 05:19 AM   #70
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Sweet collection.
Old 15 November 2018, 05:24 AM   #71
05carbondrz
Banned

I might buy the Speedy Tuesday,PM me If You sell it.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 05:58 AM   #72
R!$
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
That’s why I never ask people for their opinion which watch to buy. I buy what I like, not from someone else liking.
R!$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 06:20 AM   #73
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Move on and take your lumps, not doing you any good if there just glaring at you in the box...
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 06:21 AM   #74
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
I would wait a bit and if they don't sing to you let them go and get something that does. Think about what you want and don't impulse buy and you will be fine. We have all made mistakes on purchases I know I have ... Good luck ...
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 06:24 AM   #75
JBrown717
"TRF" Member

Just do not sell that Seiko. I had the same one, sold it for I have no idea what reason, and have regretted it ever since.
JBrown717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 07:24 AM   #76
Jambon-Fromage
"TRF" Member

Nice collection, friend.
Don’t feel bad nor punish yourself with regret. Life in general is based on trial and error. If you got it right on your first attempt (on everything, pretty much), it’s luck.
Jambon-Fromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 08:44 AM   #77
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
Your Seiko chrono is sick... it’s funny I started out with Rolex as my infatuation and have almost completely abandoned them. Still have my date just. That’s it. There are so many awesome brands that are stellar and unique and just as tough as a Rolex. I just learned that I really like having variety and buy what I like. Rolex is phenomenal and my grail is still a Rolex DD...but I love other luxury watch offerings. Grand Seiko , Panerai, Zenith, Oris ...etc... they all have amazing watches that satisfy me in a way Rolex never did. Your collection is fantastic, buying watches because everyone else likes them is boring.
Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 08:48 AM   #78
williamstone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by encarter13 View Post
I really like the Speedy Tuesday...
Speedy shouldn't be on the regret list honestly.
williamstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 10:34 AM   #79
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
ST1 is so far holding its price pretty well compared to other used Omegas. Nice watch, probably a future piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 04:39 PM   #80
kuuttingg
"TRF" Member

Watch: CK2998.SD43.D5000.
After a long day’s work I am extremely grateful to see suggestions, recommendations and thoughts shared with regard to how I felt regarding these 3 watches. Full disclosure I bought all my watches via boutiques or authorized AD at retail. I bought these watches with my personal happiness in mind. It may sound selfish but I am being honest. In sharing what I felt in this community afforded me the generosity of some people who understood the value of loving mechanical watches. Its ingenuity. Its craftsmanship. Its story. And because of that I am going to look back on this topic on how others have shared their opinions with sincerity and honesty. In this journey of horological enjoyment I must confess has given me knowledge about the intricacies of other watches whose creative inspiration ignited others to pursue a hobby which at times expensive but for some strange reasons elicit a smile with each wear on the wrist. At least it does for me. Thank you to all.
kuuttingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 04:59 PM   #81
ashokleyland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,PAM,DJ
That's why i prefer only a maximum 3 watch collection, afraid of buyer's remorse.
Old 15 November 2018, 07:33 PM   #82
mineral
"TRF" Member

It is normal throughout my watch collecting journey. Buy the right one next time and the value gained can cover the precious lose from these watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 November 2018, 01:14 AM   #83
kuuttingg
"TRF" Member

Watch: CK2998.SD43.D5000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown717 View Post
Just do not sell that Seiko. I had the same one, sold it for I have no idea what reason, and have regretted it ever since.

Thank you. I do love this Seiko watch. Also I have a good time looking for this watch while I was vacationing in Japan. Bought it in Ginza on a rainy day and was the last timepiece left. Shoutout to Hiroo in Ginza Boutique!⌚️
kuuttingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 02:32 AM   #84
Kuchars22
"TRF" Member

Bought a 2016 Air King to wear daily, but after a year (with little wrist time) I decided I no longer liked it and tried to get back what I paid (which was only £4050). However, no-one took an interest and it felt as if I'd bought a joker in the pack. Got to the point where I'd trade it in for anything just to get rid of it, so I got a 1975 Speedmaster. Fantastic piece but quickly grew out of this within a month and sold it on with a little loss.

My regret was that I should have sold the Air King with a small discount in the first place, rather than having to do all that trading and selling again twice over. Ended up with the same net loss anyway.

My point is that you have an option of trading it in for something that you might like, but this takes time and effort and looking for the right person who would like yours. You might make a loss also. So perhaps it's better for you to accept the loss and sell now before you lose anymore by trading.
Kuchars22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 02:37 AM   #85
Strummer25
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K Dj41 SubC YM
I really really regret letting my Breitling Superocean Steelfish go, let it go at £1200 they are up around £2000 now and its an absolute perfect beater watch for little money (relatively).
Like most have bought and sold at a loss but can live with that and will be very careful what I purchase in future
Strummer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 04:57 AM   #86
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
You are looking at it the wrong way. You lost the money when you purchased them. That money is long gone...selling them now would be positive cash flow!
Correct!

And the difference is just normal tuition in obtaining a watch education
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 05:33 AM   #87
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
It’s not always regret. The iwc and speedy Tuesday are great watches and perhaps were for a time, but our interests also change and evolve. I also had the same iwc, and while really one of the great classics, got bored of it.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 05:57 AM   #88
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Unless you buy Rolex SS Subs, GMTs or Daytonas or Patek SS sports you are going to take a huge hit on a watch. Nothing really to learn except watches go down in value for most brands as does any other used personal property. Watches are mass produced and the actual production and materials cost is a small percentage of the retail price. I just read that an ETA movement typically is 2 to 5 percent of the retail price of a watch by a manufacturer using ETA movements in their watches. Is that crazy or what.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decisions , that's life