The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 August 2021, 02:17 PM   #1
IR201
"TRF" Member

WG Daytona from AD

Is the steel and black WG version as tough to get as the others like the blue, meteorite etc.? Doesn't seem to be a lot of love for it.
IR201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 02:24 PM   #2
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I guess it all depends on your relationship with your AD.

Most AD’s won’t sell you any PM pieces without prior purchase history/relationship etc.

Gold is becoming the new Stainless Steel as far as scarcity & demand are concerned.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 02:28 PM   #3
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
Is the steel and black WG version as tough to get as the others like the blue, meteorite etc.? Doesn't seem to be a lot of love for it.

All of them are going to be hard to get. When people are willing to spend 20k over MSRP, ADs are going to be selective.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 03:36 PM   #4
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
Most AD’s won’t sell you any PM pieces without prior purchase history/relationship etc.

Gold is becoming the new Stainless Steel as far as scarcity & demand are concerned.

Good luck

I have seen plenty of PM pieces in the cases past few months at various ADs but not a single SS.

The higher price points makes the market slightly smaller. Many people can afford to splurge on a $10k watch, not as many on a $50k watch.

That being said, since it's a Daytona, it will still be very difficult to obtain.
whiskyrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 03:57 PM   #5
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Yes, tough. I was offered during christmas time. opted for something else and gone GONE GONE.
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 03:13 AM   #6
wcl884
"TRF" Member

Only purchased a BB58 Blue at a particular AD last year - was offered 2 Daytona subsequently: 1) Pre-own RG Daytona on leather from 8 years ago ($19K)...and a 2) 116515 on Oysterflex new. Passed on both since I already had 116505 on bracelet. They thought I was crazy.

I told them I am looking for 126715 - but I guess I ticked off the AD. Still waiting after 5+ months for my 126715 :(
wcl884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 03:35 AM   #7
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Ah...how the world has changed since 2019. I remember walking into a store in Macau and trying on a Platinum diamond daytona sitting in the case. Then another store had been sitting on a regular dial platinum for months and got to leisurely try it on over the course of several visits to determine if I wanted to spend that much money.

To OP, generally not for that configuration, but the problem with PM datyonas is once you are set for a specific configuration, it can be quite random for the store to get it. For example, I deal with a high volume store, and while they have seen mulitple silver dial WG OF, almost none of the black dial with diamond.

So you could be #1 on the list for that config, and maybe they don't even get one for the year.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 03:51 AM   #8
BGTHEMOGUL
Banned

I asked my AD about ordering a Daytona today and they said they're not allowed to order any of the professional model watches. They also said the wait time is about 3 years for a Daytona currently. That's with me buying a RG DD40 from them.
BGTHEMOGUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 04:05 AM   #9
HippoPAPAmus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTHEMOGUL View Post
I asked my AD about ordering a Daytona today and they said they're not allowed to order any of the professional model watches. They also said the wait time is about 3 years for a Daytona currently. That's with me buying a RG DD40 from them.

Ouch. That’s a bummer. Sorry.

HippoPAPAmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 04:07 AM   #10
BGTHEMOGUL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoPAPAmus View Post
Ouch. That’s a bummer. Sorry.

Thanks it's crazy times right now to say the least.
BGTHEMOGUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 04:34 AM   #11
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
I think you would be lucky to get anything at this time. If your AD knows you and knows your interest then they will try to contact you if something comes in. They have too many people who will just buy whatever they get especially a Daytona. If you are a known client, give them an occasional visit to chat them up and get them to remember you when the watch you want comes in.