The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 August 2021, 01:38 AM   #61
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
I sincerely hope it is. And that it works out for you! Looking forward to some great news
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Great news Dan. I hope the glasses work for you. Can’t wait to hear your results
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill11783 View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed…Hope they work and you get to finally see what you have been missing. Best of luck to you.🤞
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Best of luck to you Dan, really hoping this works out for you. Let us know how your bourbon collection looks through the new lenses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingPlaces View Post
Best of luck Dan!
Thanks, all!

This is the bass I'll have close by when I test the glasses for the 1st time. Hoping I see something other than gray.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRF 2 Dean.JPG (254.8 KB, 144 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 07:09 AM   #62
Toony
"TRF" Member

Dan, please take a video. Because if they work you will never be able to catch that first reaction again.
Toony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 08:23 AM   #63
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony View Post
Dan, please take a video. Because if they work you will never be able to catch that first reaction again.
That is a fabulous idea.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 08:46 AM   #64
emersm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Good vibes, Dan. Looking forward to a positive follow up.
emersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 09:44 AM   #65
Stratsteve
"TRF" Member

Good Luck Dan, I’m excited for your experience.
Stratsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 10:00 AM   #66
SemperFi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Right there with you my friend and pulling for nothing short of a positive outcome.
Tudor Ranger 79910
Nomos Club Datum 733
Nomos Metro 38
Stowa Flieger Classic 40

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 10:28 AM   #67
desertyank

Watch: out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Thanks, all!

This is the bass I'll have close by when I test the glasses for the 1st time. Hoping I see something other than gray.
dP
Wait; it IS grey..........

2019 WIS CON survivor
desertyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 12:53 PM   #68
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Good luck Dan! This could be epic in a great way. I hope Lady Luck comes through.

Sent using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 02:07 PM   #69
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Thanks, all!

dP
Damn brother. I don't know anything about guitars/basses but what I do know is that one is incredibly gorgeous. That is one of the most unique shades of green I've seen. Good things happen to good people, so I'm optimistic for you.

Quote:
This is a very good suggestion.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 10:46 PM   #70
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
That is a fabulous idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emersm View Post
Good vibes, Dan. Looking forward to a positive follow up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratsteve View Post
Good Luck Dan, I’m excited for your experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
Right there with you my friend and pulling for nothing short of a positive outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertyank View Post
Wait; it IS grey..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
Good luck Dan! This could be epic in a great way. I hope Lady Luck comes through.

Sent using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Damn brother. I don't know anything about guitars/basses but what I do know is that one is incredibly gorgeous. That is one of the most unique shades of green I've seen. Good things happen to good people, so I'm optimistic for you.

This is a very good suggestion.
I'll try a video but can't promise anything. Never been able to upload one on TRF yet.

Anyhoo, they should be out on the truck for delivery, my guess by mid afternoon EST. I'll need some time to adjust, or cry, or kick the wall, depending on the results. My wife won't get home from work till about 7:30 tonight so made sure to get a good look at her [already] beautiful eyes.

Again, really appreciate all the kind words & will wishes. Fingers crossed I'm one of the lucky ones.

If not, it will be disappointing. But to keep things in perspective, I've already been the luckiest guy in the world and missing a few colors here or there won't change the amazing blessings I've already and continue to receive.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 2 August 2021, 10:59 PM   #71
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
I'll try a video but can't promise anything. Never been able to upload one on TRF yet.

Anyhoo, they should be out on the truck for delivery, my guess by mid afternoon EST. I'll need some time to adjust, or cry, or kick the wall, depending on the results. My wife won't get home from work till about 7:30 tonight so made sure to get a good look at her [already] beautiful eyes.

Again, really appreciate all the kind words & will wishes. Fingers crossed I'm one of the lucky ones.

If not, it will be disappointing. But to keep things in perspective, I've already been the luckiest guy in the world and missing a few colors here or there won't change the amazing blessings I've already and continue to receive.
dP
Fingers crossed for you Dan. The video idea I would expect to be personal and I understood it to be something for you and your family to enjoy and experience.
But we're here to share in your adventure as you see fit to include us. God speed.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2021, 11:01 PM   #72
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:

dP
Upload it as an unlisted video to youtube, then post the link here.

Hope the glasses work for you
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 02:49 AM   #73
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Dan

Rooting for you man.

Waiting for your update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 07:07 AM   #74
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:

dP
Looking forward to hear from you Dan, hoping they work for you!
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 07:49 AM   #75
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Fingers crossed for you Dan. The video idea I would expect to be personal and I understood it to be something for you and your family to enjoy and experience.
But we're here to share in your adventure as you see fit to include us. God speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Upload it as an unlisted video to youtube, then post the link here.

Hope the glasses work for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtabs View Post
Dan

Rooting for you man.

Waiting for your update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Looking forward to hear from you Dan, hoping they work for you!
I was going to link a video if there was a conclusive result. Unfortunately, I'm one of the 25% that do not seem to benefit from these glasses. Not sure if my issue is less than I thought, even though the test results said I have a strong red/ green Protan color deficiency. Enchroma encloses a pack of balloons and I was able to easily identify the red, yellow, green, orange balloons, with only the blue and purple being in question.

My goal was to discover colors I've never seen before. Watching many of the videos people finally see things they had no idea existed and were consequently overwhelmed. Everywhere they looked was a new shocking surprise. Instead, the glasses only enhanced the colors I already see. Red cars really pop as does the Pepsi bezel on my BB GMT. The sea foam green bass does look more green w/ the glasses.

But the two neck ties, one gray, one pink, are still indistinguishable. The same for a couple of shirts, one lavender and one blue, that look slightly different, but I still don't know which is which.

While I'll continue to follow the directions and wear the glasses for as many hours as possible this week, but it's doubtful anything will change at this point. I'm literally just looking thru rose color glasses.

Sorry to disappoint everyone. Not the outcome I was hoping for either. But it was well worth the effort and glad I did it.

We all have a cross to bear, mine is a pretty easy lift compared to most. But the 1st person to make fun of my mismatched socks.....
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 3 August 2021, 07:58 AM   #76
Dr. Robert

Watch: 1655
Dan, you’re retired, as the house TRF witch doctor I prescribe no socks and no ties!
Voila, everything solved.
Old 3 August 2021, 08:01 AM   #77
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
I was going to link a video if there was a conclusive result. Unfortunately, I'm one of the 25% that do not seem to benefit from these glasses. Not sure if my issue is less than I thought, even though the test results said I have a strong red/ green Protan color deficiency. Enchroma encloses a pack of balloons and I was able to easily identify the red, yellow, green, orange balloons, with only the blue and purple being in question.

My goal was to discover colors I've never seen before. Watching many of the videos people finally see things they had no idea existed and were consequently overwhelmed. Everywhere they looked was a new shocking surprise. Instead, the glasses only enhanced the colors I already see. Red cars really pop as does the Pepsi bezel on my BB GMT. The sea foam green bass does look more green w/ the glasses.

But the two neck ties, one gray, one pink, are still indistinguishable. The same for a couple of shirts, one lavender and one blue, that look slightly different, but I still don't know which is which.

While I'll continue to follow the directions and wear the glasses for as many hours as possible this week, but it's doubtful anything will change at this point. I'm literally just looking thru rose color glasses.

Sorry to disappoint everyone. Not the outcome I was hoping for either. But it was well worth the effort and glad I did it.

We all have a cross to bear, mine is a pretty easy lift compared to most. But the 1st person to make fun of my mismatched socks.....
dP

Damn. I coulda used some good news. Sorry to hear they weren’t as great as you’d hoped. Fingers crossed they help your eyes adjust in the coming week!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 08:02 AM   #78
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:

dP

Sorry to hear not what you were expecting Dan, thanks for sharing!

Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 08:03 AM   #79
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
Dan, you’re retired, as the house TRF witch doctor I prescribe no socks and no ties!
Voila, everything solved.
Ha! I'm filling THAT prescription!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
Damn. I coulda used some good news. Sorry to hear they weren’t as great as you’d hoped. Fingers crossed they help your eyes adjust in the coming week!!

All good, my friend. Never say never, but I just don't think it will change much if at all.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 3 August 2021, 08:03 AM   #80
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Aiya! I was hoping with you that they would work my friend. Me personally cannot distinguish red from brown so I use my wife as a tool as she is averse to brown as a color
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 08:07 AM   #81
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
Sorry to hear not what you were expecting Dan, thanks for sharing!

No worries. As George Castanza said, it's not a pink shirt if I I don't think it's a pink shirt. Or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
Aiya! I was hoping with you that they would work my friend. Me personally cannot distinguish red from brown so I use my wife as a tool as she is averse to brown as a color
Yep, my wife will have to remain on standby as well.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 3 August 2021, 11:20 AM   #82
Spectre38
"TRF" Member

Watch: and be amazed.
Sorry to read that Dan, but hopefully there are other options out there. Don't give up.
Old 3 August 2021, 11:52 AM   #83
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Sorry to hear Dan. I was truly hoping this would work out. There are brilliant minds out there working on stuff like this every day … you just never know
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 12:05 PM   #84
Tri-Tip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
I had never heard of glasses that could possibly fix colorblindness, but what a concept.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you hope for, but we can still enjoy the color of your bass, and I'm sure the sounds that come from it are great as well!
Tri-Tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 12:07 PM   #85
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
We were all rooting for you Dan! Sorry that they didn’t work out.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 12:14 PM   #86
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre38 View Post
Sorry to read that Dan, but hopefully there are other options out there. Don't give up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Sorry to hear Dan. I was truly hoping this would work out. There are brilliant minds out there working on stuff like this every day … you just never know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Tip View Post
I had never heard of glasses that could possibly fix colorblindness, but what a concept.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you hope for, but we can still enjoy the color of your bass, and I'm sure the sounds that come from it are great as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
We were all rooting for you Dan! Sorry that they didn’t work out.

I'll give Enchroma my best assessment in hopes they might have some future options.

On the positive side, I won't be waisting 3 pairs of Ray Bans.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 3 August 2021, 03:21 PM   #87
SearChart
TechXpert

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 06:30 PM   #88
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Bugger! Sorry it didn't work out this time Buddy.

In a, kind of quasi positive train of thought.....those balloons, a blind man would like to see them.

And anyway Dan, "20-20 vision" .......is, so last year!
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 06:42 PM   #89
Cru Jones

Hi Dan. Sorry it didn’t work out this time. I’m hoping the next time it will.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 08:04 PM   #90
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Really sorry my friend.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote