The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 September 2017, 06:47 AM   #1
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Icon4 Squaching in the backwoods... Big Foot?

Anyone like to go Squaching?

I'm not sure if BC has already asked TRF's thought on this subject yet or not...

Big Foot Music
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flat,550x550,075,f_u1.jpg (24.6 KB, 1468 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 07:13 AM   #2
blufinz52
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116400GV 124060
I cannot for the life of me understand how seemingly intelligent people believe in such nonsense. Whether it's bigfoot, alien abductions, faked moon landings or the Illuminati, I'm always amazed how so many people completely lack any critical thinking.
blufinz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 07:19 AM   #3
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufinz52 View Post
I cannot for the life of me understand how seemingly intelligent people believe in such nonsense. Whether it's bigfoot, alien abductions, faked moon landings or the Illuminati, I'm always amazed how so many people completely lack any critical thinking.
Wait. Are you saying moon landings are fake?

Appears, either way, you are lumping a lot of things in there. Lots of stuff out there that we simply don't know about to have such a large blanket of disregard.

Yetis are real!!

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 07:22 AM   #4
BNA/LION

I believe in UFO's, Greys and Alien Abduction.

I want to be an Ancient Alien Astronaut Theorist.

https://www.wheretraveler.com/12-anc...ct-and-fiction
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_mwzuahTqu11t34kgko1_250.jpg (56.6 KB, 1434 views)
File Type: jpg tsoukalos_publicity01.jpg (41.9 KB, 1434 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Old 24 September 2017, 07:41 AM   #5
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Werewolves are real.

Have a mate that is so hairy, also I've caught him staring at the moon at times.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 07:47 AM   #6
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufinz52 View Post
Lack critical thinking? I think you have it backwards

Is it so outrageous to you that there may be a bigfoot like creature out there that has evaded capture? I'm not saying there is or isn't one but I wouldn't bet against it.

Researchers find new species of mammals, fish, and amphibians every year. Just last month, 400 new species in the Amazon rain forest were identified.
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 08:07 AM   #7
Bigblu10
Banned

Stanley Kubrick did indeed fake the Apollo 11 moon landing. The movie the Shining contains many hints of his admission. The USA was lagging behind the USSR in the space race, and I truly believe we did not yet have the technology to put man on the moon. Kubrick definitely had the technology to pull off a believable moon landing. There are many NASA images that seem to show evidence they were shot on a movie set.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 08:53 AM   #8
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Stanley Kubrick did indeed fake the Apollo 11 moon landing. The movie the Shining contains many hints of his admission. The USA was lagging behind the USSR in the space race, and I truly believe we did not yet have the technology to put man on the moon. Kubrick definitely had the technology to pull off a believable moon landing. There are many NASA images that seem to show evidence they were shot on a movie set.
I'll have some of what you've been smoking.
Old 24 September 2017, 09:03 AM   #9
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Old 24 September 2017, 09:04 AM   #10
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post

Is it so outrageous to you that there may be a bigfoot like creature out there that has evaded capture? I'm not saying there is or isn't one but I wouldn't bet against it.

Researchers find new species of mammals, fish, and amphibians every year. Just last month, 400 new species in the Amazon rain forest were identified.
But I'm sure most of them insects.
Old 24 September 2017, 09:14 AM   #11
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Most of those 400 species are probably plants and insects and minuscule variants of other species.

Finding Bigfoot would be like when cavemen first stumbled across Grizzly bears 10's thousand years ago, so I would bet against it.

So I kinda agree with Mike above. And yes evolution is a scientific fact, ghosts don't exist and aliens have not visited us.
Old 24 September 2017, 09:46 AM   #12
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'm sure Bristol C will chime in to give an opinion.
Old 24 September 2017, 09:57 AM   #13
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can't wait
Old 24 September 2017, 09:58 AM   #14
BNA/LION

Squaching in the backwoods... Big Foot?

Quote:
Quote:
Can't wait
Me TOOOOOOOOO!

Old 24 September 2017, 11:37 AM   #15
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNALION View Post
I'm not sure if BC has already asked TRF's thought on this subject yet or not...
Yours is an 'all-original' OP and a thought-provoking one. +

Quote:
Is it possible that some earlier Bigfoot sightings was based on this factor? +

Quote:
Since you asked.

While I've never experienced the weirdness of a 'Bigfoot' sighting during my ventures into a number of PNW forests, one thing still perplexes me. The last recorded film of Bigfoot is a grainy reproduction from the late 1960s and to date, there haven't been any recent sightings. With nearly everyone carrying a cell/smartphone these days, shouldn't we have a more contemporary photo/record, taken either by a hiker, camper or hunter who may have accidentally wandered into Bigfoot Country? Maybe even a 'selfie'.

Whether this is just a hoax or native legend, a Rolex-sponsored expedition could set the record straight. It might even give rise to an entirely new sports/recreation model. Perhaps something along the lines of a Yeti-Master or 'Deep Forest' Explorer. Add some ceramic and you'll have a waiting list.
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 12:08 PM   #16
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
You mean this isn't a real bigfoot?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg messinwithsasquatch_3_800x600.jpg (114.8 KB, 1359 views)
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 12:46 PM   #17
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Bigfoots are real. Stanley Kubrick is the hoax.
Old 24 September 2017, 12:56 PM   #18
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
Yours is an 'all-original' OP and a thought-provoking one. +

Is it possible that some earlier Bigfoot sightings was based on this factor? +

Since you asked.

While I've never experienced the weirdness of a 'Bigfoot' sighting during my ventures into a number of PNW forests, one thing still perplexes me. The last recorded film of Bigfoot is a grainy reproduction from the late 1960s and to date, there haven't been any recent sightings. With nearly everyone carrying a cell/smartphone these days, shouldn't we have a more contemporary photo/record, taken either by a hiker, camper or hunter who may have accidentally wandered into Bigfoot Country? Maybe even a 'selfie'.

Whether this is just a hoax or native legend, a Rolex-sponsored expedition could set the record straight. It might even give rise to an entirely new sports/recreation model. Perhaps something along the lines of a Yeti-Master or 'Deep Forest' Explorer. Add some ceramic and you'll have a waiting list.
I would like your opinion regarding post #7 please. Do you think Apollo 11 moon landing was fact or fiction?
Old 24 September 2017, 04:24 PM   #19
BristolCavendish
Banned

Quote:
I would like your opinion regarding post #7 please. Do you think Apollo 11 moon landing was fact or fiction?
While I'm familiar with the 'conspiracy theory' pertaining to the Apollo 11 moon landing, I never gave it much thought. As far as it being fact or fiction, we have to consider the (1) possibility and (2) probability based on a number of factors like the available technology at the time, human risk considerations, the politically-based PR exigencies of the 'space race' between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. and Hollywood staging opportunities.

To be honest, I haven't the foggiest one way or the other. Like most of us, I watched the lunar landing on TV as a kid and accepted the accomplishment at the time. If it was staged, then the joke's on countless millions. On the other hand, it's a pretty remarkable feat given the 'analog' nature of the instrumentation and guidance systems back in the 1960s.

Going to have to toss the ball back in your court on this one. Perhaps others can chime in with the documented facts pertaining to this historical (or staged) event.
BristolCavendish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 06:35 PM   #20
bayerische
"TRF" Member

1. Aliens, there are surely many species of intelligent extra-terrestrial life out there in our universe, but I'm sure they haven't visited us, because if they ever do visit us, we will all know very quickly.

Watch Penn & Tellers Bullsh*t on alien abductions.

2. Bigfoot, no such thing. Everyone has an HD camera with them nowadays, and yes people still wander the great woods of this planet. It's fantasy. Just like the Loch-ness monster.

3. Moon landings. Yes we went to the moon. 6 times! All the conspiracy theories can be easily dismissed. All the conspiracy theories are purposefully wrongfully presented, so that an uninformed or ignorant viewer will believe it is actually fact.
Old 24 September 2017, 07:41 PM   #21
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayerische View Post
1. Aliens, there are surely many species of intelligent extra-terrestrial life out there in our universe, but I'm sure they haven't visited us, because if they ever do visit us, we will all know very quickly.

Watch Penn & Tellers Bullsh*t on alien abductions.

2. Bigfoot, no such thing. Everyone has an HD camera with them nowadays, and yes people still wander the great woods of this planet. It's fantasy. Just like the Loch-ness monster.

3. Moon landings. Yes we went to the moon. 6 times! All the conspiracy theories can be easily dismissed. All the conspiracy theories are purposefully wrongfully presented, so that an uninformed or ignorant viewer will believe it is actually fact.
I completely agree.

NASA sent an orbiter to the moon in 2009 that took hi res photos of the landing sites.

SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 10:48 PM   #22
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by BristolCavendish View Post
While I'm familiar with the 'conspiracy theory' pertaining to the Apollo 11 moon landing, I never gave it much thought. As far as it being fact or fiction, we have to consider the (1) possibility and (2) probability based on a number of factors like the available technology at the time, human risk considerations, the politically-based PR exigencies of the 'space race' between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. and Hollywood staging opportunities.

To be honest, I haven't the foggiest one way or the other. Like most of us, I watched the lunar landing on TV as a kid and accepted the accomplishment at the time. If it was staged, then the joke's on countless millions. On the other hand, it's a pretty remarkable feat given the 'analog' nature of the instrumentation and guidance systems back in the 1960s.

Going to have to toss the ball back in your court on this one. Perhaps others can chime in with the documented facts pertaining to this historical (or staged) event.
In context of the competition with the USSR, if there was the remotest possibility the landings were faked, the Soviets would have pronounced that to the world. There's no way the US could have hoodwinked all the visual and electronic sensors of all the other nations that were monitoring the event in real time.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2017, 11:06 PM   #23
Watch This
Banned

Watch: SS YMII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
In context of the competition with the USSR, if there was the remotest possibility the landings were faked, the Soviets would have pronounced that to the world. There's no way the US could have hoodwinked all the visual and electronic sensors of all the other nations that were monitoring the event in real time.
Sanity. Thank you.
Watch This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2017, 02:33 PM   #24
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
they know 8-10’ tall ape creatures have lived in the past, see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus . the question is do they still. with the fact that almost every native american and other native languages have words for yeti i think there i sstrong evidence for yeti.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 02:01 PM   #25
BNA/LION

~Bump~

I'm thinking about getting a team of TRF'ers together for a Squaching trip in the backwoods to look for Big Foot.

You in?

Old 21 October 2018, 02:04 PM   #26
tritium8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
I believe in UFO's, Greys and Alien Abduction.

I want to be an Ancient Alien Astronaut Theorist.

https://www.wheretraveler.com/12-anc...ct-and-fiction
But do you have the hair for it?
tritium8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 02:13 PM   #27
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
Quote:

Is it so outrageous to you that there may be a bigfoot like creature out there that has evaded capture?

Yes, totally absurd.
Old 21 October 2018, 04:39 PM   #28
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Quote:
~Bump~

I'm thinking about getting a team of TRF'ers together for a Squaching trip in the backwoods to look for Big Foot.

You in?
I'm about to head for Florida next month. Perhaps we can have a look there?

Aventura Mall may be a great place to start.
Old 22 October 2018, 02:21 AM   #29
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
~Bump~

You in?
Can I come? I have my own night vision googles and am skilled in tracking animal scat.
Old 22 October 2018, 02:28 AM   #30
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
~Bump~

You in?
I’m in I have a metal detector

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote