The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 13 August 2020, 01:46 PM   #1
Rwith22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB, 214270
Tt bluesey a year and then some later

Figured I would write a review of my
116613LB. I’ve had for about a year and a half now. Not that it’s been a long time since my purchase but I still can’t seem to take my eyes off of it, from the different color schemes when the sun hits the dial, the way the bezel reflects the light, to the way the bracelet looks after a cleaning, it’s been the best purchase I’ve ever made. I also own a 214270 and as much as I love that watch because it was my first watch I bought in celebration of my first child being born it doesn’t get much wrist time. The bluesey Has been through a lot from my second child being born to promotions at work, my favorite hockey team winning the Stanley cup, multiple adventures, my favorite probably being crab hunting at Santa Rosa beach. Some things I’ve noticed is still many people don’t notice it or they decide not to say anything either way I don’t care. I didn’t buy the watch to be flashy I bought it in celebration of my second child being born and to hopefully pass down generation to generation. It’s comfortable to wear, the glide lock is an awesome feature especially living in the Midwest in the United States, hot summers cold winters. My lowest score ever in a round of gold. The first week I got it I happened to get a decent scratch on it while working and was devastated. Now there are many more and they are all memories of why I wear it everyday. It is my grail watch and I’m glad I made the decision to pull the trigger on it. I couldn’t be happier and I love reading the forum everyday of people getting the timepiece they have been searching for. Life is short if your on the fence about getting the watch you want, trust me just do it you won’t regret it. With everything going on in this world it’s nice we can share our thoughts on our timepieces, here’s to many more years of happiness and adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rwith22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 02:27 PM   #2
Morrison0
Banned

Watch: 116500 BLRO SubLB
Nice!! It’s a great piece!

Morrison0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 03:13 PM   #3
Brady2117
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy Submariner
Ironically my friend...i purchased my 1st Rolex (2019 Bluesy) in celebration of my daughter's birth, July of 2019
Congrats ��
Brady2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 01:06 AM   #4
Gerardus
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Thanxs for the nice write-up and pics. I feel the seem way about the bluesy.

♕16570 ♕126610 ♕126333
Gerardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 12:25 PM   #5
na_panpun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB
So do I, since 2017
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017 Submariner.jpg (272.6 KB, 1300 views)
na_panpun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 10:54 PM   #6
peterpl
Banned

Its probably the best looking Rolex produces.

This is the model that got me addicted to Rolex and made me fall in love with the brand in the first place. My first true Rolex love. LOL
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 11:04 PM   #7
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
I wholeheartedly agree!! I haven’t had mine as long as you but definitely captivating at every glance. Continue to enjoy it and congrats on the additions to your family!!

MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2020, 10:21 AM   #8
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwith22 View Post
116613LB. I’ve had for about a year and a half now. Not that it’s been a long time since my purchase but I still can’t seem to take my eyes off of it, from the different color schemes when the sun hits the dial, the way the bezel reflects the light, to the way the bracelet looks after a cleaning, it’s been the best purchase I’ve ever made. I also own a 214270 and as much as I love that watch because it was my first watch I bought in celebration of my first child being born it doesn’t get much wrist time. The bluesey Has been through a lot from my second child being born to promotions at work, my favorite hockey team winning the Stanley cup, multiple adventures, my favorite probably being crab hunting at Santa Rosa beach. Some things I’ve noticed is still many people don’t notice it or they decide not to say anything either way I don’t care. I didn’t buy the watch to be flashy I bought it in celebration of my second child being born and to hopefully pass down generation to generation. It’s comfortable to wear, the glide lock is an awesome feature especially living in the Midwest in the United States, hot summers cold winters. My lowest score ever in a round of gold. The first week I got it I happened to get a decent scratch on it while working and was devastated. Now there are many more and they are all memories of why I wear it everyday. It is my grail watch and I’m glad I made the decision to pull the trigger on it. I couldn’t be happier and I love reading the forum everyday of people getting the timepiece they have been searching for. Life is short if your on the fence about getting the watch you want, trust me just do it you won’t regret it. With everything going on in this world it’s nice we can share our thoughts on our timepieces, here’s to many more years of happiness and adventures!

Really an underrated piece
MeepHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2020, 02:06 PM   #9
Rwith22
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB, 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepHead View Post
Really an underrated piece

It really is, it’s a spectacular watch I couldn’t imagine my collection without it

Rwith22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2020, 06:54 AM   #10
lubricious
"TRF" Member

Couldn't agree with you more! Love my TT Bluesey too! And as some women find scars sexy, I find the scratches on my watches produces a unique timepiece specific to me. There's history behind those blemishes that only you can feel.
lubricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2020, 01:36 PM   #11
MannySDG
"TRF" Member

This was my first Rolex too....well, technically my second one since the first I inherited from my father. I had no special reason to buy it other than just wanting one. My dad's Rolex was in the safe for over 20 years, almost forgotten until I stumbled across it. I did a bunch of research on it, got it serviced and looking good again. During this time of research and consulting with Rolex dealers, I saw the solid gold version of this watch. The SA let me hold it and OMG....I fell in love! I figured I could probably never afford or justify buying the full gold version so I took a look at the Rolex website and tooled around with Datejusts, figuring I'd start with a more affordable piece. After I configured one the way I thought I wanted it to look, the price was within a few hundred dollars of the TT Bluesy. And so the obsession began. I watched every YouTube video on this watch, many numerous times. I worked more, went out less, stopped spending money on girls and once I got close to having the money I needed I started contacting the AD's again that I had talked to earlier. Well, when my quest began, this watch was still available for custom order, 2 to 3 month wait, no big deal. Just as I called to try to get one, it was no longer on the order list, now it was all "first come first serve". I spent a Saturday cold calling all the AD's in my area. One of them came through and got one in just one week later....and the rest is history. I got it in August and usually only wore it when going out. Since I was new to the game, despite my best efforts of being careful with the watch and only using good microfibers to obsessively clean it, I managed to install a bunch of hairline scratches into the gold. Covid came around and I really never had a good reason to wear that watch, so I didn't....but I got tired of my Tag Heuer daily (bracelet is presidential style and stretched pretty badly which annoyed me) so I decided I want another Rolex to wear every day. Lucky for me, as soon as the AD I got the Bluesy from opened up again, they had the exact DJ41 that I wanted. While purchasing it, I noticed the Rootbeer my SA was wearing, so now, I am waiting on it. My cleaning methods have much improved, and since I know the Rootbeer really won't get all that much wrist time, I should be able to keep it rather pristine.

Sorry for the long story, I type pretty fast and just couldn't stop....lol
Old 25 August 2020, 01:48 PM   #12
psv
"TRF" Member

Classic Rolex issue. Enjoy it!
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 01:48 AM   #13
omar10213245
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwith22 View Post

Right there with ya, brother. Also here in the midwest, I bought my 116613LB earlier this summer from a private seller (a fellow poster on here, as a matter of fact), and I am still absolutely in love with this thing. In my opinion, easily the best-looking watch in Rolex's catalogue at the moment. And I've actually gotten a fair amt of compliments on it (not that i'm seeking out compliments on it lol), the latest being a few weeks back when I went to go pick up a pizza from a local pizza place, the teenage girl at the desk says, "wow, that is a beautiful watch!" when i went to sign my receipt. and I'm already 100% sure that i will never part with this bad boy, no matter what.
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2020, 01:25 PM   #14
Jster
2024 Pledge Member

Really nice. I’ve fallen hard for the new release.
Jster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2020, 07:36 AM   #15
Dip14
"TRF" Member

Lovely write up :)
Dip14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2020, 07:49 AM   #16
borsche
"TRF" Member

Spot on. I tried one one today, and I fell in love with it. Even my wife was impressed with this new model. I passed on the old model a couple of years ago, and purchased the 2 tone GMT Master II instead. I’ve been kicking myself ever since, so now I hope to pick up this beauty in a couple weeks.

borsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2020, 10:09 AM   #17
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
Great watch. Great thread.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2020, 12:18 AM   #18
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: TV
There isn’t a nicer Rolex which is more versatile than this piece. I speak from experience.
MeepHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2020, 12:20 AM   #19
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Glad to see you’re enjoying it. You know it’s the right watch for you when it continues to provide this kind of joy
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2021, 09:39 AM   #20
Axi128
Banned

Great write up. And great pics
Axi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 06:25 PM   #21
Ed99
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Great write up and really the two tone sub Blusey is really the only Rolex you ever need. It’s iconic sub and best of all it looks unique and beautiful in the sun and yes it’s water proof too.
Ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2021, 07:15 PM   #22
Francist
Banned

Watch: 116500LN
My 2nd Rolex and I must say I never got bored looking at that sunburst dial. It's my most used watch & i take it everytime i travel. It's been battered & took it for a number of dips in many beaches, still look good & solid as a rock. Definitely most underrated watch ever.
I asked my children & wife of all the watches that I have which one they like the most, everyone agrees it's bluesy.
Francist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2021, 11:59 PM   #23
T4ME
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Its probably the best looking Rolex produces.

This is the model that got me addicted to Rolex and made me fall in love with the brand in the first place. My first true Rolex love. LOL
x2
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2021, 11:04 PM   #24
Gerardus
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed99 View Post
Great write up and really the two tone sub Blusey is really the only Rolex you ever need. It’s iconic sub and best of all it looks unique and beautiful in the sun and yes it’s water proof too.
I agree with this

♕16570 ♕126610 ♕126333
Gerardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 08:22 AM   #25
Waiteu2
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5990/5296R/5164
Of all the watches ive owned im more excited about this one
Just a few days in and cant take it off.

Waiteu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2021, 09:02 AM   #26
rmagoo57
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Life is an adventure, why not enjoy it wearing a Bluesy!! Your biggest smile is yet to come -- when you see it on the wrist of the next generation!!
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2022, 06:21 PM   #27
Camissa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I wear it everyday. It is my grail watch and I’m glad I made the decision to pull the trigger on it. I couldn’t be happier and I love reading the forum everyday of people getting the timepiece they have been searching for. Life is short if your on the fence about getting the watch you want, trust me just do it you won’t regret it. With everything going on in this world it’s nice we can share our thoughts on our timepieces, here’s to many more years of happiness and adventures!
Well said! I just pulled the trigger on a new Bluesy, hopefully it is just a couple of months waiting.
Camissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2022, 11:41 AM   #28
SERGBENTLEY
"TRF" Member

Lovely piece! Just picked up my 41mm Bluesy this week. It's been a piece I've coveted since 2005- and i finally was able to purchase it. Waiting till a warm sunny day to unveil...
SERGBENTLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2022, 07:02 AM   #29
TheTimeHapa
"TRF" Member

love the photos. Bluesy is one of the classiest two tone options to daily drive
TheTimeHapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 03:30 AM   #30
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
It's a beauty! Wear in good health.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon