The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 24 July 2021, 09:58 AM   #1
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Anyone else have a meg side effect from the vaccine?

I meant negative…

Whelp I was finally guilted into getting the poke on Tues. Woke up Wed to a 120 resting heart rate and shortness of breath similar to when I actually had COVID in the spring. Called my doc yesterday to tell them all about it, said I had a “violent/visceral immune reaction(?)” to the vaccine and not to get the second one. Anyone else have any of this mess happen to them? If he’s right it actually explains a lot. My body may not love vaccines. I’m the guy who gets a flu shot and is a vomiting mess two days later. Hence no flu shot for the last x years…….

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 24 July 2021, 10:01 AM   #2
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
No.

The whole clan did well thank jeebus.
Old 24 July 2021, 10:06 AM   #3
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
I’d heed your Docs advice. I am in the holding pattern until there’s further research of post Covid positive individuals.

I had Covid in early April. I was just exposed to 9 individuals last week who tested positive within the last 7 days, one is very sick (105 fever and heading to the hospital). I have no symptoms, no vaccine and no positive test even though I’ve taken tests to make sure I don’t spread it through my office or through my contractors. All have been negative. Ymmv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 July 2021, 11:00 AM   #4
THC
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Covid is spiking everywhere again, but this time 95% of ICU patients are the unvaccinated.

People begging for the vaccines once in ICU…. #toolate

Get a Vaccine people
Old 24 July 2021, 11:00 AM   #5
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
I meant negative…

Whelp I was finally guilted into getting the poke on Tues. Woke up Wed to a 120 resting heart rate and shortness of breath similar to when I actually had COVID in the spring. Called my doc yesterday to tell them all about it, said I had a “violent/visceral immune reaction(?)” to the vaccine and not to get the second one. Anyone else have any of this mess happen to them? If he’s right it actually explains a lot. My body may not love vaccines. I’m the guy who gets a flu shot and is a vomiting mess two days later. Hence no flu shot for the last x years…….

Sent using Tapatalk
I'm not a virologist/immunologist,but to me you had antibodies from your prior infection. So when you got the vaccine your body recognized it and reacted. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in!
Be safe!
Old 24 July 2021, 11:24 AM   #6
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
I’d heed your Docs advice. I am in the holding pattern until there’s further research of post Covid positive individuals.

I had Covid in early April. I was just exposed to 9 individuals last week who tested positive within the last 7 days, one is very sick (105 fever and heading to the hospital). I have no symptoms, no vaccine and no positive test even though I’ve taken tests to make sure I don’t spread it through my office or through my contractors. All have been negative. Ymmv.

offices here are making people wear masks if they're not vaccinated. i had covid also and haven't gotten the vaccine yet for that reason (and because i'm still wfh) but there's no way i'm wearing a mask in the office when we go back, not only because it'd be uncomfortable but also because i'll be "that guy" who's "anti vax" lol (and i'm not). not sure how it is where you are but here most will have no option but to get it
Old 24 July 2021, 11:38 AM   #7
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I had a terrible reaction (Oxford Astrazeneca). Went to sleep feeling fine and woke up at 1am with high fever, shaking like crazy and I thought my days on the face of the earth had come to an end. Next day was bad but on the third day it all vanished. I'd do it all over again though and I'm glad to be vaccinated.
Old 24 July 2021, 11:51 AM   #8
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
We have been very lucky with no side effects at all for my family, Me and my daughter got the Pfizer, my wife got the AZ, my son and SIL got the Moderna.

DAVE

Old 24 July 2021, 11:57 AM   #9
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I had Pfizer and experienced a mild reaction about 12 -24 hours after shot 2.

My mother was really a wreck after the second for a day or two. Chills, fever etc

I agree with doc above. Possible you had a stronger immune response because your body was already familiar with it.

Listen to your physician would be my advice.

Be well
Old 24 July 2021, 11:57 AM   #10
M45
Banned

First shot Moderna no nothing.

Second shot fever and chills and body aches for about 12 hours.

This was ages ago.
Old 24 July 2021, 12:00 PM   #11
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchitect View Post
I meant negative…

Sent using Tapatalk
Some friends of mine from Florida both got the shoot. My friend has had heart problems ever since, he has been in-and-out of the hospital and it is not getting any better. His wife also has been having heart issues but not as bad as him.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Old 24 July 2021, 12:01 PM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Our whole family is double vaxxed.

The kids (14 and 16) had zero side effects. My wife and I both had mild symptoms in the first 24 hours … feeling tired mostly, but that was it. YMMV.
Old 24 July 2021, 12:06 PM   #13
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RDPM View Post
I'm not a virologist/immunologist,but to me you had antibodies from your prior infection. So when you got the vaccine your body recognized it and reacted. Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in!

Be safe!
I'm not a vaccine expert either but based on what I learned before deciding to get the vaccine I don't think that's possible.

I got the J&J one and done shot. I was a little run down a few days after but nothing I would have assumed was anything other than normal tired 60 year old feeling if I hadn't had the shot.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 24 July 2021, 12:27 PM   #14
Sperry
"TRF" Member

Negative? Not really. Only the urge to purchase a new REF. 1218420 Master Ultra Thin Small Seconds direct from Jaeger LeCoultre …

Old 24 July 2021, 12:55 PM   #15
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Two shots, Moderna, 3 weeks apart. No reaction from either one. My shoulder was a little sore, but less so than after a big shoulder workout at the gym. All in all --- meh.
Old 24 July 2021, 01:16 PM   #16
Touring

Not much after dose #1. Flu-like symptoms (tired, body aches, headache, fever, chills) kicked in after about 8 hours with #2. Back to normal within 48 hours.

I felt awful for a day and a half in total, but that just means my immune system was doing its thing.

I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.
Old 24 July 2021, 02:35 PM   #17
Soarer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner LV
I just got my 2nd shot Pfizer yesterday. Fever and body pain for 2 days now. Taking Advil to suppress it, not sure how it will be tomorrow.

Old 24 July 2021, 02:43 PM   #18
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Minor reaction, lasted maybe a day and a half. What little discomfort I felt is a hell of a lot better then getting the virus.
Old 24 July 2021, 03:48 PM   #19
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Minor reaction, lasted maybe a day and a half. What little discomfort I felt is a hell of a lot better then getting the virus.
X2
Old 24 July 2021, 03:59 PM   #20
Cru Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Covid is spiking everywhere again, but this time 95% of ICU patients are the unvaccinated.

People begging for the vaccines once in ICU…. #toolate

Get a Vaccine people

x2

For oneself and for society, it’s time.
Old 24 July 2021, 04:25 PM   #21
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
I'm not a vaccine expert either but based on what I learned before deciding to get the vaccine I don't think that's possible.

I got the J&J one and done shot. I was a little run down a few days after but nothing I would have assumed was anything other than normal tired 60 year old feeling if I hadn't had the shot.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
‘Quote’:
An adverse reaction to a vaccine may also be more common if you’ve already recovered from COVID-19 because your immune system is primed to respond to the virus – including harmless fragments of it or instructions for them, contained within the vaccine.

Old 24 July 2021, 05:40 PM   #22
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well speaking for myself had my two jabs Astrazeneca, just a sore arm for a few hours but now well over 460,00000 adults have had there jabs in UK. But a very very very tiny proportion reporting extreme side effects. But like all medication some could produce side effect reaction, its because we are human beings and not all exactly the same.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 24 July 2021, 05:59 PM   #23
SearChart
TechXpert

Tired and quickly out of breath with an elevated heart rate for about a day after my first Pfizer shot, will get the second shot two weeks from now.
Old 24 July 2021, 09:38 PM   #24
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I had moderately bad reactions to both AZ shots, and was feeling sorry for myself until I saw some of the posts here.

I believe in science, and I'd do it all again. I'll get a booster too, if recommended.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
Old 24 July 2021, 09:40 PM   #25
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Tired and quickly out of breath with an elevated heart rate for about a day after my first Pfizer shot, will get the second shot two weeks from now.
When’s the last time we’ve ever heard Bas say he’s out of breathe
Old 24 July 2021, 09:45 PM   #26
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by M45 View Post
First shot Moderna no nothing.

Second shot fever and chills and body aches for about 12 hours.

This was ages ago.
Same. I almost everyone I know has been fully vaccinated, even early holdhouts. No one I know has anything more than a day of symptoms similar to a flu shot.
Old 24 July 2021, 09:50 PM   #27
NYC6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBMARINER 14060M
Wife and I both had Pfizer, no reactions.
Old 24 July 2021, 09:53 PM   #28
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
offices here are making people wear masks if they're not vaccinated. i had covid also and haven't gotten the vaccine yet for that reason (and because i'm still wfh) but there's no way i'm wearing a mask in the office when we go back, not only because it'd be uncomfortable but also because i'll be "that guy" who's "anti vax" lol (and i'm not). not sure how it is where you are but here most will have no option but to get it

Florida. No mask mandate at my office. Many have had it already and those who haven’t have been vaccinated. I was one of the only ones wearing a mask every time I was in the office until I caught it in April.

Old 24 July 2021, 10:26 PM   #29
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
No prior exposure to covid19 and a negative antibody test to somewhat corroborate this hypothesis.

Had 2 jabs of AZ some 8 weeks apart.

Rapid onset side-effects starting 10 hours after the 1st one. Chills, fever of 39+ C muscle aches and fatigue. Took a full 48 hours and lots of paracetamol to resolve. Like a badass high-school flu, a thing to remember, for sure...
Couldn't sleep on my left arm for the best part of the week. Nasty stuff.

The 2nd one scared me right away as it immediately gave a burning sensation on the spot of the injection which cleared surprisingly fast though. I did feel somewhat tired the next day but it could have been anything...

Most male individuals my age that I know of, have experienced the same with AZ.
Old 24 July 2021, 10:54 PM   #30
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
I had the Moderna. After the 2nd shot the lymph node under my left armpit swelled and was tender for about 10 days or so. It was annoying, but worth it. I cannot comprehend vaccine hesitancy for healthy individuals.
Closed Thread