The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 June 2019, 07:27 PM   #1
TheWolfeTones
"TRF" Member

Watch: Chronomat 44
New Chronomat 44 Purchase

Hello all,

I brought my first 'real' watch about 2 months ago. A 2 tone Breitling Chronomat 44 with a black dial. I'll try to get some pictures up when I find out how to upload them but regardless it's easy enough to find on the Breitling website.

I'm very happy with it so far. Although it is reading ever so slightly fast (about +3 minutes since buying it). Can be quite heavy to leave on for the whole day. I usually take it off and leave it on the desk while I'm at work.

I brought the watch from my local AD. I'd actually been looking at Rolex's. After a while I decided on the Green Submariner, the 2 tone with the black dial was a close second (which they had in store) or the 2 tone Daytona with diamonds. Being new to this business I'd no idea about all these waiting lists, preferred customers etc. So I was told I'd be waiting years for the Green Submariner, the Daytona 6-8 months.

So I started looking at different brands. And for me the watch I brought is much nicer than the 2 tone Rolex's I'd been looking at. It has the 3 6 9 layout of the Daytona, better water resistance and unlike the Daytona it also has the date. Plus it's slightly heavier, which I like.

I'll try and post photos when I figure out how.

I do have some questions for people who might know. I'm not sure if everything came when I brought it. Is there supposed to be an outer box? I've seen them on chrono24 but I didn't get one. I did get a warranty card.

Should I have gotten an instruction manual? I didn't get the plastic tag thing either.

If anyone could enlighten me I'd really appreciate it.
TheWolfeTones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 02:11 AM   #2
TheWolfeTones
"TRF" Member

Old 12 June 2019, 10:26 AM   #3
Mad Hatter
"TRF" Member

Hi. I own the same watch. If you bought it new, you should have an outer box. What specifically did they deliver it to you in? Plastic tag thing is sometimes given, sometimes thrown away since no one typically cares about it. You should definitely have instruction book, that would annoy me to think they would miss that. Great watch, you'll get used to the weight! Enjoy.
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 09:11 PM   #4
lexflana
Banned

Love those watches....you will enjoy it immensely.
lexflana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2019, 12:27 AM   #5
TheWolfeTones
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
Hi. I own the same watch. If you bought it new, you should have an outer box. What specifically did they deliver it to you in? Plastic tag thing is sometimes given, sometimes thrown away since no one typically cares about it. You should definitely have instruction book, that would annoy me to think they would miss that. Great watch, you'll get used to the weight! Enjoy.
Thanks.

I'll dig out the box it came in at the weekend. If my memory serves me correctly I think there was a very small leather case, not much bigger than the watch contained within a larger box also with a kind of leathery kind of finish. Roughly about 9x9x9 inches.

The electronic warranty card, the calibration certificate, a warranty booklet and a type of wallet to hold them in.
Old 14 June 2019, 12:30 AM   #6
TheWolfeTones
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexflana View Post
Love those watches....you will enjoy it immensely.
Thanks. I see a similar one with roman numerals on the dial sometimes on chrono24. I'm not sure whether they still do that one or not but it's not on the Breitling website. Looks really nice too.

Shame it doesn't come in a fully gold version. Or at least I've not seen one yet.
Old 24 June 2019, 05:52 AM   #7
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot DepecheMode
Depends if you are talking about the leather outer box or the white shipping box. The white shipping box is sometimes discarded, it often gets torn up. On that watch, you should receive the following after buying new from an authorized dealer:

-Inner leather travel case
-Outer box
-COSC Certificate
-Electronic Warranty Card
-Maintenance Booklet
-Manual
-Handtag
-Stickers when applicable
-Plastic Bezel Cover
Camdamonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2019, 06:36 PM   #8
TheWolfeTones
"TRF" Member

So today the minute and hour subdials stopped working. Not happy with a watch I've not even had 6 months. Going to have to call the AD and see what they say
Old 28 August 2019, 07:27 PM   #9
TheWolfeTones
"TRF" Member

It's very disappointing now I must say
Old 30 August 2019, 09:14 PM   #10
Mike Jab
Banned

I have the same watch but full steel bracelet and spits of gold on the corners of the bezel only. Amazing machine and built like a tank! Shame you are experiencing problems but Breitling's servicing is top notch.
Mike Jab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2019, 11:01 PM   #11
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Warranty work is prioritized so it shouldn’t be a long wait. I had an issue with the crown on my Chronomat shortly after purchase and I think the turn around time was 3 weeks.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 07:25 AM   #12
minhc88
"TRF" Member

So seems like the B01 movement is not all that great.. mine still has the ETA 7750 movement which has no problem even after 4 years worn almost everyday.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
minhc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 08:29 AM   #13
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhc88 View Post
So seems like the B01 movement is not all that great.. mine still has the ETA 7750 movement which has no problem even after 4 years worn almost everyday.

There were some early issues but I don’t think I’d label the movement as not all that great.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 08:31 AM   #14
minhc88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
There were some early issues but I don’t think I’d label the movement as not all that great.
Ok that's good to know.. Breitling chronomats are beautiful watches

minhc88 is offline   Reply With Quote