The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 16 March 2019, 01:14 AM   #1
JayHantz
"TRF" Member

Watch: @Escapementt
New Breitling Navitimer Re-Edition

While looking at Instagram, came across this from Georges Kern’s account.

New Breitling Navitimer that will be shown at Basel 2019. It’s the 1959 homage to the famous Navitimer from the 60s. It has the original dimensions at the Reference 806 (41mm with bezel) and is powered by the Breitling Caliber B09 which is derived from their B01 movement. Hand applied lume and a nice vintage OEM strap.

I think it looks great!

JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 01:34 AM   #2
El-Duderino
"TRF" Member

Very nice!

I’m not sure if it’s different enough from my A23322 for it to be a must buy, but I definitely like the design choice.
El-Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 02:53 AM   #3
NavalFlight
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Beautiful watch! I’d recommend this to anyone looking to get their first Breitling!
NavalFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 02:57 AM   #4
JayHantz
"TRF" Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Looking at the comments from Instagram on his post, it looks like a limited release, and a manual wind with a solid case back. MSRP is 8,600 USD.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 03:59 AM   #5
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Looks fantastic - smaller side and looks like it includes some brushed services.
LuxLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 05:14 AM   #6
gsg
"TRF" Member

This is an amazing release, it is shaping to be the king of Basel 2019!

The attention to detail is incredible: hand-wound, inhouse caliber, acrylic crystal, same dimensions as the original. How exciting!
gsg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 06:50 AM   #7
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Wow, a new manual wound caliber based on the b01 to boot. Breitling came out of the gates swinging!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2019, 08:48 AM   #8
JP(Canada)
"TRF" Member

That's just about perfect, if you ask me. I prefer the white subs, but this is true to the original and very, very nice. Acrylic and manual winding really sings to me. Just 13.4mm thick! Perfect.
Old 16 March 2019, 12:45 PM   #9
gsg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP(Canada) View Post
That's just about perfect, if you ask me. I prefer the white subs, but this is true to the original and very, very nice. Acrylic and manual winding really sings to me. Just 13.4mm thick! Perfect.
No, even thinner at 12.86mm.

This reissue is as close as you can get to a time capsule at a reasonable costs.
Old 16 March 2019, 05:15 PM   #10
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHantz View Post
Looking at the comments from Instagram on his post, it looks like a limited release, and a manual wind with a solid case back. MSRP is 8,600 USD.

1,959 examples.

Good on Breitling to make the effort to develop the new manual wind instead of using their still-pretty new automatic.

If you’re looking to totally reboot the brand, going back to the roots and totally nailing is a good way to go about it, IMO.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 01:58 AM   #11
gsg
"TRF" Member

It seems to me that Breitling stills has a steep road ahead judging by the number of responses garnered in this thread to the new release. Breitling releases a homerun, a truthful reissue of an iconic model and we get 9 comments here. Rolex releases a lame teaser and they get 20 pages full with speculation and comments...
Well, at least I hope this is a watch we are able to get without the crappy sales experience associated with Rolex these days.
Old 17 March 2019, 04:36 AM   #12
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsg View Post
It seems to me that Breitling stills has a steep road ahead judging by the number of responses garnered in this thread to the new release. Breitling releases a homerun, a truthful reissue of an iconic model and we get 9 comments here. Rolex releases a lame teaser and they get 20 pages full with speculation and comments...
Well, at least I hope this is a watch we are able to get without the crappy sales experience associated with Rolex these days.
I think once Basel officially starts, maybe we'll see more activity on the Breitling subforum. Until then, it seems like the majority of users on here still associate Breitling with the big blingy watches that are practically given away by ADs and tank on resale. I'm anxious to see what else will come out of Basel from Breitling but this will be a very hard one to follow.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 05:05 AM   #13
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
this is spectacular. For those like me, that love the vintage look, but want to wear and use consistently, this is the way to go
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 08:33 AM   #14
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know. I own a daytona, and this thing blows it away in every way. First, this navi is actually legible, looks to be an excellent and handwound movement, and has real heritage, not just something that is famous because the salad dressing guy wore it. Indeed, Omega with their coming 321 release and this Navi, the reality is Rolex has not been that exciting to be recently. Even the new BLRO, a disappointment for me as its only available on the jubilee bracelet and the excessive wide lugs and bling bezel make it unwearable for me. Lets take the Daytona, the slapped a ceramic bezel and the watch continue to ne illegible and everyone cant get enough. Can you imagine if they did something like what Breitling just did with the Navi to the Daytona, now that something worth getting excited about. Like a Daytona 6263 reissue!
Old 17 March 2019, 02:23 PM   #15
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

This is absolutely amazing. As it is limited I don’t think I’ll be able to get my hands on one, but I’m more excited about what Breitling will do with that movement in regular production pieces.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 04:58 PM   #16
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

The flip side of this new Navitimer is that it is a too-faithful/literal copy of a previous watch. Why should that be a big deal? Would we want Rolex, AP or Patek to issue exact copies from their catalogues? Maybe it would have been more exciting to have seen a new “homerun” Navitimer simply inspired by the past?

To be clear, I’m just playing devil’s advocate here. I think the watch is attractive and I hope it helps to get Breitling back on track.

Anyway, I’m not so sure this Breitling sub-forum is that active in any event....
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 11:05 PM   #17
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like the watch but the limited availability and the price take me away.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2019, 11:48 PM   #18
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I like the watch but the limited availability and the price take me away.
I agree, The price is a big deal, as the new IWC spitfire collection with inhouse movement is under 6,000 and the Tudor Blackbay heritage with the B01 is about 5,000. This is a great watch, but the pricing about 2000-2500 too high.
Old 18 March 2019, 07:20 AM   #19
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
I agree, The price is a big deal, as the new IWC spitfire collection with inhouse movement is under 6,000 and the Tudor Blackbay heritage with the B01 is about 5,000. This is a great watch, but the pricing about 2000-2500 too high.
My thoughts exactly- still a great looking piece
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2019, 08:20 AM   #20
NavalFlight
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
I think it’s a fantastic watch and don’t think the price is too high. If I had not purchased a Navitimer (AB012) last year this would be a no-brainer for me.

I’d definitely recommend this watch for anyone looking for an iconic Breitling.
NavalFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2019, 08:35 AM   #21
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavalFlight View Post
I think it’s a fantastic watch and don’t think the price is too high. If I had not purchased a Navitimer (AB012) last year this would be a no-brainer for me.

I’d definitely recommend this watch for anyone looking for an iconic Breitling.
I agree on price. It’s about the same as any of the in house Breitling chrono movements and I wouldn’t expect it to be any lower. I don’t think availability will be too hard since it’ll be at ADs and boutiques. I’d expect full retail at the boutiques but maybe there is some room to move at an AD
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2019, 12:52 PM   #22
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Breitling did a nice job on this. I'd also like to see a modern version of this with a current baton dial, dual sapphire crystals, and some different strap options.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2019, 11:43 PM   #23
holdtime
Banned

Love it.
holdtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 04:51 AM   #24
Robbyman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Pepsi/Sub
I can’t wait to see if they re-release the reverse panda model.
Robbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2019, 03:49 AM   #25
subprimero
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060
Fantastic! Breitling is on the right track!
subprimero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2019, 03:58 AM   #26
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Really would like to see this in person, not sure I will get to as 1959 pieces is not many to go around. I have always wanted a Navitimer and this is a great size for me
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2019, 01:35 PM   #27
alexlt730512
"TRF" Member

is 1959pcs considered too many pieces for limited edition? but this watch does look hot in photos
alexlt730512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2019, 10:26 AM   #28
Proof Morgan
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC Overseas 7900V
Love it!
Proof Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 04:02 AM   #29
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know if they started deliveries? I contacted my local AD but they seem unaware when these will be available

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2019, 08:04 AM   #30
ttpoll
Banned

Watch: Rolex datejust
The Navitimer has been on my radar for a while now, iI will check this one out.
ttpoll is offline   Reply With Quote