The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 May 2019, 04:44 AM   #1
Gpodes
"TRF" Member

Impressed with PAM service

Hi all, mostly a lurker here but wanted to share a positive experience I had with Panerai service. I got my 104 just over 15 years ago. I have done nothing to it and had zero issues with it (impressive quality). I recently picked up a 1024 and thought it was time to send the 104 in for a service. It was not in great shape, the case was very scratched up, the crystal had some scratches - needless to say, I was young when I first got it and put it through its paces. I sent it in with the provided box and with a pretty quick turn around got an estimate on 5/6/19. I chose to replace the dial, hands, crystal and get the polish along with the service. I received it back today on 5/28/19 and dang, the thing looks brand new, like showroom new. I had some pretty deep nicks in there too. It wasn't until after I sent it in that I started researching the service center and after I did I pretty much was regretting the decision with all of the negative posts (don't fix what ain't broken). Maybe I just got lucky but I am a very happy customer. It was perfect timing too as I am taking a short trip over the weekend and the 104 is the perfect watch for the pool to a suit with a strap change (try to only bring one watch on trips).
Gpodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 12:27 PM   #2
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
you didn’t get ‘lucky’, PASC has more good stories than bad, but people love to rail on them when they have an issue. every time i've dealt with them they've been great

enjoy your new piece and your newly minted spa reconditioned piece as well.

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 12:42 PM   #3
thsiao
"TRF" Member

You will undoubtedly read more negative reviews than positive ones, as people seem more willing to spend their time to complain about a bad service rather than to compliment a good service.

Having said that, I serviced my 233 (hour hand stuck) and 305 (not running properly) a few years ago. I would say the service was ok. My 233 came back with a dust speck on the back which I didn’t bother fixing anymore since I had already had to sent it in a second time because my hands were scratched. They claimed they were like that already but offered to pay for half of the cost, which I thought was fair since I couldn’t say with 100% certainty that they were perfect before they were sent in. The 305 on the other hand came back with no issues.

It happens to every brand I guess... in the past I had serviced an IWC and it came back with a dust speck in the middle of the dial. Sales person had the audacity to tell me that perhaps it was a scratched crystal reflecting light to make it look like a speck... no lady I know what I’m looking at. They took it back and removed the speck eventually.
Old 29 May 2019, 10:04 PM   #4
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I just posted in this forum regarding what I think is the wrong direction that Panerai is heading. That said, their service has always been fantastic. I had severe issues with the movement of a PAM024. I had it fixed and back to me in under a month. I have also contacted their home service centers (Dallas I believe in this one instance) to have discontinued straps sourced for me and they were able to come through. All of my Rolex watches have been certified by local AD certified technicians so Panerai is my only true corporate service experience. They have set the bar high.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 12:22 AM   #5
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thsiao View Post
You will undoubtedly read more negative reviews than positive ones, as people seem more willing to spend their time to complain about a bad service rather than to compliment a good service.

Exactly this.

Personally, I've had nothing but a good experience with PASC.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 05:52 AM   #6
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

The issue is it's not like most people send in watches for service frequently so when you do and its a bad experience it really sours you on the brand. Jaeger I had a horrible experience. The same with breitling. I know plenty of people didn't have any issues but it was enough for me to stop considering them. Maybe I'll do the superocean orange. Yea several years ago PAM had a horrid rep for servicing, maybe theyve heard the complaints and stepped it up.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 08:01 AM   #7
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Panerai "service" put a nice huge, deep scratch on the caseback of one my PAM's that had to go back for warranty repair...and denied they did it. That's my experience with them.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 02:41 PM   #8
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Do you have pics before / after service? In relation to after sales service, good to hear about Panerai returning back like new. Rolex Dallas, IWC Texas - had good experience, Breitling used to be superb, but not anymore. I will have to send my Superocean GMT for the third time as the watch is running fast.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote