The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 10 May 2022, 10:40 AM   #31
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
I have seen both in person and chose the rose gold as I really liked the silver dial over the grey dial much better, although it would be really interesting to see it offered as in white gold, silver dial (the one from the rose gold version) and a black calf skin strap.

Great to have the watches on hand to compare, and that’s what I’m asking my AD. But most of the AD don’t have both version 6119 or none at all… I will visit a grey today to check which one I like more.

I do understand how the watch looks in picture is quite different than in person most of the time… especially the dial color / reflection under all sort of lighting conditions. And more importantly, the feeling of holding the watch on hand and try on the wrist should be part of the purchase experience, but not easy to achieve on most of the PP models.

Thanks again for all the sharing and advice, it’s really helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nan7yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 12:27 PM   #32
watchgeezer
"TRF" Member

6119g for me
watchgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 12:49 PM   #33
teajay
"TRF" Member

Absolutely breath taking! Very refined and casual. I’m waitlisted for both an R and G, but this setup is very persuasive…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw0n View Post
Two very tough choices, but I went with the G eventually.
teajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 01:04 PM   #34
cramsey
"TRF" Member

Thanks! I went with the 40mm Historique… absolutely love it!
cramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 01:27 PM   #35
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

I went with 6119R, I wanted a classic dress watch and the rose gold with cream dial checks that box for me. The G is beautiful, and if you’re going for a much more modern dress watch, that works.

By the way, has anyone noticed how amazing the dial reflection is? Most intricate reflection I’ve seen of any watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg img_8652.jpeg (122.3 KB, 651 views)
File Type: jpeg img_8782.jpeg (111.8 KB, 654 views)
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 07:32 PM   #36
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
I went with 6119R, I wanted a classic dress watch and the rose gold with cream dial checks that box for me. The G is beautiful, and if you’re going for a much more modern dress watch, that works.

By the way, has anyone noticed how amazing the dial reflection is? Most intricate reflection I’ve seen of any watch.

Wow, the reflection! Congratulations for owning a R!

Old 10 May 2022, 10:21 PM   #37
Al1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watch
Quote:

The reflection is something else. Haven’t seen anything like it on my other watches.

Al1988 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 12:36 AM   #38
Jlamb
"TRF" Member

Have been in a queue for a G for a while, was considering the R, but the grey dial spoke to me more.
Jlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 05:21 AM   #39
FloridaBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
Quote:

I took a very similar photo when I was driving whiht the top down and saw the reflection on my side inside door. Very cool...sorta like when the sun hits a diamond ring and sends flares around the room.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 05:40 AM   #40
FloridaBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
There is no question the 6119g looks great in some pics, just like the 6119r does, but these photos show optimal angles and reflections for best appearance

While the 6119r is always easy to read and the hands on the watch always seem to have strong visual pop and contrast against the silvery dial, there are some visual angles of the 6119g that make it hard to read as the dial and hands sorts merge into a much harder to read gray color without contrast.

I am not saying this is good or bad feature, as both versions rock, I just gravitated to the 6119r for this simple reason and continue to post that sometimes watches (all brands included) look much different in person than in pics as the dealers never post less than appealing photos.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 07:38 AM   #41
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan7yo View Post
Great to have the watches on hand to compare, and that’s what I’m asking my AD. But most of the AD don’t have both version 6119 or none at all… I will visit a grey today to check which one I like more.

I do understand how the watch looks in picture is quite different than in person most of the time… especially the dial color / reflection under all sort of lighting conditions. And more importantly, the feeling of holding the watch on hand and try on the wrist should be part of the purchase experience, but not easy to achieve on most of the PP models.

Thanks again for all the sharing and advice, it’s really helpful!

That’s exactly why I can’t wait to try on every single model at the salon in Geneva. Going there in August and I don’t care if I’m being annoying or if it starts getting awkward , I’m literally going to try on pretty much the whole catalogue and document each one with a wrist shot.

dauster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 02:58 PM   #42
Dalaruan
"TRF" Member

R any day, unless you already have a number of rose gold watches
Dalaruan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 11:22 PM   #43
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlamb View Post
Have been in a queue for a G for a while, was considering the R, but the grey dial spoke to me more.

Yes, I finally saw the real watch today and the grey dial is very special

Old 11 May 2022, 11:24 PM   #44
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
There is no question the 6119g looks great in some pics, just like the 6119r does, but these photos show optimal angles and reflections for best appearance

While the 6119r is always easy to read and the hands on the watch always seem to have strong visual pop and contrast against the silvery dial, there are some visual angles of the 6119g that make it hard to read as the dial and hands sorts merge into a much harder to read gray color without contrast.

I am not saying this is good or bad feature, as both versions rock, I just gravitated to the 6119r for this simple reason and continue to post that sometimes watches (all brands included) look much different in person than in pics as the dealers never post less than appealing photos.

Very well said, that’s exactly how I feel when I compare the 2 watches on hand.

Old 11 May 2022, 11:25 PM   #45
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
That’s exactly why I can’t wait to try on every single model at the salon in Geneva. Going there in August and I don’t care if I’m being annoying or if it starts getting awkward , I’m literally going to try on pretty much the whole catalogue and document each one with a wrist shot.

Let’s do it! I would do the same thing when the travel restriction lifted

Old 11 May 2022, 11:26 PM   #46
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalaruan View Post
R any day, unless you already have a number of rose gold watches

Thanks, and in fact I only have few gold watches

Old 12 May 2022, 09:42 PM   #47
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

6119G vs 6119R

First, thank you for all the comments and sharing.

I really want to see both versions in flesh before making the decision, I visited 2 grey shops few days ago but surprisingly all 6119 sold out and they said won’t have any until fall (But they have few nautilus with crazy price tags).

So happened there are few PP AD in HK showing 2022 models and I got an invitation to have a look. One of the AD got both G & R in shop waiting for the owners to pick up (as they work overseas and will be coming back to HK soon). The SA called the owners for their permission to show the watches to me and promised I won’t touch the watches. To me it’s fine as I just want to see the case color, dial texture, reflection, straps, overall feeling.

Similar to many of you shared, both G & R are amazing watches and won’t go wrong with either one.

For the white gold version, monotone grey dial is very special and giving a more modern look. And white metal match any strap color easily.

Rose gold version with a finely grained silver dial is so elegant. To me, somehow the clous de Paris bezel with double row of hobnails looks better in gold.

Another thing I spotted is the dial reflection, G is very beautiful in certain angles but sometimes it turns into a shinny mirror effect and I feel it’s too cold for me. This has never been captured in photos on forums or IG, will only need to see it in flesh. In addition, I have a world time 5230G, so it’s more justify to have a rose gold as the second PP.

So my final decision was to show my interest in R, the SA was not sure how long it will be and didn’t disclose how many clients are on the wait list. But I’m fine to wait for it.

Old 12 May 2022, 10:44 PM   #48
MadSpaniard
"TRF" Member

Quote:
First, thank you for all the comments and sharing.

I really want to see both versions in flesh before making the decision, I visited 2 grey shops few days ago but surprisingly all 6119 sold out and they said won’t have any until fall (But they have few nautilus with crazy price tags).

So happened there are few PP AD in HK showing 2022 models and I got an invitation to have a look. One of the AD got both G & R in shop waiting for the owners to pick up (as they work overseas and will be coming back to HK soon). The SA called the owners for their permission to show the watches to me and promised I won’t touch the watches. To me it’s fine as I just want to see the case color, dial texture, reflection, straps, overall feeling.

Similar to many of you shared, both G & R are amazing watches and won’t go wrong with either one.

For the white gold version, monotone grey dial is very special and giving a more modern look. And white metal match any strap color easily.

Rose gold version with a finely grained silver dial is so elegant. To me, somehow the clous de Paris bezel with double row of hobnails looks better in gold.

Another thing I spotted is the dial reflection, G is very beautiful in certain angles but sometimes it turns into a shinny mirror effect and I feel it’s too cold for me. This has never been captured in photos on forums or IG, will only need to see it in flesh. In addition, I have a world time 5230G, so it’s more justify to have a rose gold as the second PP.

So my final decision was to show my interest in R, the SA was not sure how long it will be and didn’t disclose how many clients are on the wait list. But I’m fine to wait for it.

Thank you for the pics, I'm debating R and G as well, although leaning heavily toward G. Question for you: did the watches have the factory plastic covering on the crystals? Seems possible they might have, based on the bubble-like reflections on the glass, although it's hard to tell from the pics. If so, that might help explain some of the reflection you noticed.

Either way, remember to consider that the lighting in an AD is typically quite a bit different than when you're in normal light, e.g. at home or office. I've found my watches to appear notably different than what I experienced at the AD after I look at them in every day lighting.

Regardless, these are both really nice watches. Have fun making your choice.
MadSpaniard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2022, 11:08 PM   #49
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

6119G vs 6119R

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSpaniard View Post
Thank you for the pics, I'm debating R and G as well, although leaning heavily toward G. Question for you: did the watches have the factory plastic covering on the crystals? Seems possible they might have, based on the bubble-like reflections on the glass, although it's hard to tell from the pics. If so, that might help explain some of the reflection you noticed.

Either way, remember to consider that the lighting in an AD is typically quite a bit different than when you're in normal light, e.g. at home or office. I've found my watches to appear notably different than what I experienced at the AD after I look at them in every day lighting.

Regardless, these are both really nice watches. Have fun making your choice.

There was nothing on the crystal, I guess that’s just the reflection of the lights on the ceiling.

Totally agreed with you, the color tone etc might looks quite different under sun light. I did ask the SA to move closer to the window to confirm my observation but I didn’t take pictures.

Having said that, both are equally beautiful, I probably would take both G&R if I have unlimited budget!

Btw. I saw another cool grey dial Calatrava - 5226G, totally different texture and even more modern. So I am considering to wait for this as my next PP.

Old 13 May 2022, 01:52 PM   #50
Rollieo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There was nothing on the crystal, I guess that’s just the reflection of the lights on the ceiling.

Totally agreed with you, the color tone etc might looks quite different under sun light. I did ask the SA to move closer to the window to confirm my observation but I didn’t take pictures.

Having said that, both are equally beautiful, I probably would take both G&R if I have unlimited budget!

Btw. I saw another cool grey dial Calatrava - 5226G, totally different texture and even more modern. So I am considering to wait for this as my next PP.

This one is quite the piece. Thierry Stern talked about looking at cameras and being inspired by the grip on the camera for this dial. You can notice the similar texture. I like it, but the 6119r is my only Patek. I feel like with Patek you have to get a classic piece if you’re getting your first. If you have a few, then I could see this very modern piece making sense.
Rollieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2022, 02:25 AM   #51
nan7yo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This one is quite the piece. Thierry Stern talked about looking at cameras and being inspired by the grip on the camera for this dial. You can notice the similar texture. I like it, but the 6119r is my only Patek. I feel like with Patek you have to get a classic piece if you’re getting your first. If you have a few, then I could see this very modern piece making sense.

Yes, the 5226 is a special piece!

I guess that could be the watch after 6119R :-)

Old 16 May 2022, 05:31 AM   #52
Fabes
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=jw0n;12156549]Two very tough choices, but I went with the G eventually.

Where did you get those straps? Amazing pairing.
Fabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2022, 02:54 AM   #53
metzgergt1
"TRF" Member

I'm in love with the 6119R. These days how difficult is it to acquire one from an AD with little to know purchase history?

I usually go grey, but recently purchased a pre-owned BLRO from Tourneau to at least start somewhere. What are my odds if I approach them for the 6119R?
metzgergt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2022, 07:59 AM   #54
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
6119G and 5226G.
First choice will be 5226, younger vibe.
Old 29 May 2022, 08:03 AM   #55
psif
Banned

I have always wanted the 6119R, I’d definitely go with that.
psif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2022, 06:33 PM   #56
Andy Mcpandy
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP5726, PP5524r
I have the 6119R and have been thinking of mixing up the strap. I have seen lots of G with different options but hardly any for the R.

Does anyone have photos of the 6119R with different straps. A green maybe ? Thanks
Andy Mcpandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2022, 05:51 PM   #57
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Thought this post needed a pic.
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 02:48 AM   #58
knightofgold
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26420IO
Quote:
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing

Where you got the suede straps
knightofgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2022, 12:19 AM   #59
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Has this already happened? Would love to hear about your experience and/or even see some pictures!
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote