The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 January 2018, 02:12 PM   #1
ostatedchi
"TRF" Member

Oysterflex bracelet question

If I were to buy a TT Datejust 41 with an oyster bracelet; how difficult would it be to get the oysterflex bracelet and switch them out depending on the situation?

I like the look of the TT Daytona with the oysterflex, but would like to see that same look in a Datejust 41. Am I crazy?

Thoughts?
ostatedchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2018, 02:41 PM   #2
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I think the lug widths are different. 20mm on all OF straps, and 21mm on the DJ41. Could be wrong.

Eitherway, I personally am not crazy about the idea, even if it did fit. I think the oyster or jubilee bracelets on the DJ41 look perfect. That's coming from someone who can't stop playing around with different straps and bracelets.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2018, 12:44 AM   #3
ostatedchi
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the reply. I can't believe I didn't think of the different widths. It's obvious once you think of it.

Does it take special tools to switch bracelets? Something easily done or something that should only be done by someone competent?
Old 11 January 2018, 01:04 AM   #4
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

Not crazy at all, It looks pretty cool I'd say. Changes the look completely. These are Rubber B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostatedchi View Post
If I were to buy a TT Datejust 41 with an oyster bracelet; how difficult would it be to get the oysterflex bracelet and switch them out depending on the situation?

I like the look of the TT Daytona with the oysterflex, but would like to see that same look in a Datejust 41. Am I crazy?

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg djII.jpg (57.3 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg djiijeans.jpg (133.8 KB, 136 views)
alex_moreno111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2018, 01:16 AM   #5
ostatedchi
"TRF" Member

That's an awesome look. Thanks for the lead on 'Rubber B'. I just looked at their site. Great product.

Do you switch out your bracelet often?
Old 11 January 2018, 01:33 AM   #6
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

Yes I do, Those pictures are not of my watch. I go back and forth between my YMII and a RO. YMII I have the vulcromatic with white stripe and switch 2-3 times a month mainly to keep my bracelet as scratch free as possible. Good luck on your search. Here's a picture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostatedchi View Post
That's an awesome look. Thanks for the lead on 'Rubber B'. I just looked at their site. Great product.

Do you switch out your bracelet often?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ym2rb.jpg (71.7 KB, 118 views)
Old 11 January 2018, 02:48 AM   #7
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Did runner b release a strap for the DJ41? Haven’t seen that yet. I know the one above is a dj2, but the watch in question is a dj41.

As for bracelet swapping, to answer your question does it take special tools? The answer imo is yes. There are people out there who could probably get their bracelet off with a kids fork, but not me. I’m most comfortable using the Bergeron tweezers. Mostly though, even with the right tool, it takes time and experience to do it efficiently without leaving scratches on the back of your watch.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2018, 03:03 AM   #8
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

You are completely right, I missed the buss on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Did runner b release a strap for the DJ41? Haven’t seen that yet. I know the one above is a dj2, but the watch in question is a dj41.

As for bracelet swapping, to answer your question does it take special tools? The answer imo is yes. There are people out there who could probably get their bracelet off with a kids fork, but not me. I’m most comfortable using the Bergeron tweezers. Mostly though, even with the right tool, it takes time and experience to do it efficiently without leaving scratches on the back of your watch.