The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 5 June 2020, 05:56 AM   #1
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
Rolliworks - Unfortunate bad work

I sent my 1865 GMT to rollworks to have the calendar repaired and mainly to have the original riveted bracelet brought back to life. It went once and was returned with one of the end links on the bracelet barely hanging on and badly bent. The watch was hard to set and wind. So I sent it back, in a black padded zipper case for the warranty work. They said the gaskets were causing the problem with the crown so obviously they weren't using Rolex parts. He managed to get the end link fixed but not smoothed like it should be and then to add insult to injury they kept my zipper travel case and sent my watch back in a plastic envelope in a box.

I then sent them an email about the missing zipper travel case and received no reply whatsoever. Apparently that's their charge for warranty work is keeping my case. I can't in all good conscience recommend these people.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 06:09 AM   #2
CKizzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tachymeter
Wow sorry to hear this, this is literally the first negative review I have seen regarding Rolliworks. I live 10 minutes from the shop in Campbell and have had nothing but good experiences ftf.
CKizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 06:21 AM   #3
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Do you mean a 1675 GMT?

Could you post any before and after pics?
Like the damage to the bracelet link and now the repair to that same link you mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 10:31 AM   #4
Ashton_Horologist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Whoa, hold on there a minute. You can’t just go online and start slating someone.

You have gone straight to - they don’t use Rolex gaskets. No offence, but you wouldn’t have a clue if they use Rolex gaskets or not. I’ll also mention gaskets are rubber, very common rubber. Rolex don’t have some proprietary gasket formula.

I’ll also add that as a watchmaker people
Send in packaging and they don’t always get it back. I have standard packaging that I return all watches in.

How long have you been waiting for them to return your email?

Your message is vague, you provide no concrete facts and go straight to defaming a company.

I can’t in good conscience believe anything you say.

Without concrete before and after pics you don’t have a leg to stand on. Your just a guy posting crap on the internet.
Ashton_Horologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 01:27 PM   #5
aaronch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton_Horologist View Post
Whoa, hold on there a minute. You can’t just go online and start slating someone.

You have gone straight to - they don’t use Rolex gaskets. No offence, but you wouldn’t have a clue if they use Rolex gaskets or not. I’ll also mention gaskets are rubber, very common rubber. Rolex don’t have some proprietary gasket formula.

Send in packaging and they don’t always get it back. I have standard packaging that I return all watches in.

Your message is vague, you provide no concrete facts and go straight to defaming a company.

Without concrete before and after pics you don’t have a leg to stand on. Your just a guy posting crap on the internet.

Don't be so defensive. Frankly, he doesn't have to prove anything to you. He's providing his experience and opinion and he's entitled to that. Clearly there were issues that he was not happy with... Who are you to tell him he's wrong? He's entitled to his opinion and you're entitled to ignore him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaronch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 01:31 PM   #6
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Sorry to hear that. I've never heard anything but good about Rollworks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 01:32 PM   #7
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:

They specifically state before sending something in that you will not get the packaging back. They tell you not to send any sort of nice leather cases or watch pouches.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 03:09 PM   #8
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronch View Post
Don't be so defensive. Frankly, he doesn't have to prove anything to you. He's providing his experience and opinion and he's entitled to that. Clearly there were issues that he was not happy with... Who are you to tell him he's wrong? He's entitled to his opinion and you're entitled to ignore him.

It's very easy to write a negative review... The impact it can have is quite big. But people don't think of that or don't care.

Toxic society.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 03:55 PM   #9
aaronch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
It's very easy to write a negative review... The impact it can have is quite big. But people don't think of that or don't care.

Toxic society.

So would you prefer to only read positive reviews?

All I’m saying is OP seems to have genuine concerns with the service he’s received and doesn’t deserve to be called a liar and just “another person who posts crap” just cos his experience was not the same as others.

aaronch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 04:18 PM   #10
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronch View Post
So would you prefer to only read positive reviews?

All I’m saying is OP seems to have genuine concerns with the service he’s received and doesn’t deserve to be called a liar and just “another person who posts crap” just cos his experience was not the same as others.

Not at all.
But you know just as well that one will post a negative review quicker than a positive one.

Just look around on the forums, the amount of negative reviews (some valid, some not) is quite a lot more than positive.

We don't know how he acted in his emails to Rolliworks. I find it odd that they wouldn't respond.

There's two sides to a story.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 04:32 PM   #11
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Post photos !
crazymcmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 05:53 PM   #12
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
I have only ever heard good things about Rollli works

Maybe this thread should be closed before it goes down hill
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 06:21 PM   #13
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post

Shouldn’t both sides of this issue be heard before closure?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 10:33 PM   #14
Heff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
Yeah I’d like to see pictures and Rolliworks side of the story.

Heff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 10:41 PM   #15
Ashton_Horologist
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Of course he has to prove it. You can’t just put something on a forum, which is a community, about another member of that community with no concrete facts.
Ashton_Horologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 10:45 PM   #16
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

I have nothing bad to say about Rolliworks. Took excellent care of me and delivered as promised and better even. Something is wrong here, no way I'm buying this. I continue to recommend.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 10:46 PM   #17
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Of course he has to prove it. You can’t just put something on a forum, which is a community, about another member of that community with no concrete facts.
Especially if that member is established and the OP isn't.
Old 5 June 2020, 11:23 PM   #18
barneb10
"TRF" Member

Rolliworks is fantastic!

I continue to recommend Rolliworks and I continue to use them for all my servicing needs. They have been fantastic to me, and are great to work with, talk with, and service my watches.

I sent them my 18238 earlier this year and they did a fantastic job. They currently have my 14060 and have no doubt that they will provide equally excellent service.

Mike and his team are a true golden member of the watch community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Toxic society.
Agree with Bas, unfortunately its easier to find negative reviews than positive ones. Maybe we should provide our reviews on all the positive work they have done.
barneb10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 12:22 AM   #19
CKizzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tachymeter
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post

This is the most 'sensitive' forum I frequent...geez!
CKizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 12:30 AM   #20
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I have only heard good things about Rolliworks from reputable people. That does not mean that they are perfect and there could be an issue as posted by the OP. I am not jumping to any conclusion but just because you say it does not make it true or false. More information from the OP and a response from Rolliworks will help.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 12:45 AM   #21
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
Shouldn’t both sides of this issue be heard before closure?

No, I don't think so. Mike is a stand up guy. Endless positives.

The OP has 181 posts in 3 years, not that there is anything wrong with low post counts but it doesn't hold weight to Mike's standing within the community. Something is amiss.
Old 6 June 2020, 12:50 AM   #22
Where
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Which is why we have public forums, to be able to discuss issues and opinions in a civil manner. Everybody should be able to respectfully put forward their experiences and opinions.
Where is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 12:55 AM   #23
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Let's wait for the answer, then.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 02:14 AM   #24
77T

Rollworks - Unfortunate bad work

I PM’d Mike @Rolliworks

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 06:41 AM   #25
JustinK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1530,1665,1680
Not sure how a watch gets serviced and the band restored and its returned bent and barely hanging on to the bracelet. Additionally I don't think you can tell if a gasket is "Rolex" or not because it caused a problem.

Does the OP want to post photos?
JustinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 06:53 AM   #26
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
If you are going to call someone out for bad workmanship you should post some before and after photos.
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 06:55 AM   #27
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

OP silent for 24hrs+.
Old 6 June 2020, 08:10 AM   #28
ROLLiWORKS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I PM’d Mike @Rolliworks

77T thanks for the PM.

Sorry Bill, yes we forgot to return your black carrier. We are admittedly very very bad with this. Please call us and describe it and we'll look for it in our packaging boneyard. 408-800-3244 ask for Mike

For the winding crown we adjusted the movement over about half a degree and reapplied the Fomblin grease. It was sitting slightly over to one side of the case tube. It's important to note a winding crown will have a different feel with a fluffy new gasket compared to the old dried up gasket.

We do what we can with those tbars found inside the rivet oysters. I can't remember the last time I've seen one that hasn't been jacked with in one way or another. I think anyone' who has owned one know excatly what I am referring to. We've taught clients how to adjust these to improve fitment. What IS NOT REQUIRED is taking a pair of needle nose pliers to the inside on the end piece where the Tbar is. It's nearly impossible for us to reconstruct the shape of this small attachment when it is distorted or mangled. Sigh ... we see this on 99% of the bracelets that have come through here. (I think it's actually 100%)

We've actually have gotten the swiss rivet and CI rivet end pieces to sit quite tightly at times then other times a good fit but with a little bit of wobble. It's a bit puzzling at times.
ROLLiWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 08:38 AM   #29
snyde
"TRF" Member

I think that’s the same with a Seiko jubilee bracelet right ? If it is, I know exactly what he’s talking about. It’s just a flap of metal basically that moves around.

snyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2020, 08:58 AM   #30
Rick Deckard
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLiWORKS View Post
77T thanks for the PM.

Sorry Bill, yes we forgot to return your black carrier. We are admittedly very very bad with this. Please call us and describe it and we'll look for it in our packaging boneyard. 408-800-3244 ask for Mike

For the winding crown we adjusted the movement over about half a degree and reapplied the Fomblin grease. It was sitting slightly over to one side of the case tube. It's important to note a winding crown will have a different feel with a fluffy new gasket compared to the old dried up gasket.

We do what we can with those tbars found inside the rivet oysters. I can't remember the last time I've seen one that hasn't been jacked with in one way or another. I think anyone' who has owned one know excatly what I am referring to. We've taught clients how to adjust these to improve fitment. What IS NOT REQUIRED is taking a pair of needle nose pliers to the inside on the end piece where the Tbar is. It's nearly impossible for us to reconstruct the shape of this small attachment when it is distorted or mangled. Sigh ... we see this on 99% of the bracelets that have come through here. (I think it's actually 100%)

We've actually have gotten the swiss rivet and CI rivet end pieces to sit quite tightly at times then other times a good fit but with a little bit of wobble. It's a bit puzzling at times.
Mike, I don't know either you or the OP, but your reputation and the way you respond here are just outstanding. I admire your professionalism.

If I ever need something done outside of the RSCs, I will absolutely give you a call.

And if the OP could upload some pictures, it would probably help all of us to better understand the issue.

Chris

Lineup: 1601 (SD) - 16030 (SD) - 126334 (BLSO) -116600 - 116610LV Mk.III - 126610LV - 126710BLRO Mk.III (Jubilee/Oyster) - 116500LN-0072 (BD/SD)
Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote