The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 June 2019, 05:40 PM   #61
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teck21 View Post
Hi, I am thinking of getting a Rubber B classic series for my Oyster Perp 39mm. I am comparing it with the Everest Bands, and what confuses me a bit is that the Rubber B does not need to be sized, whereas the Everest band does.

I can't get my head around how this is possible?

I prefer the Rubber B design, but I would feel safer getting a sized band unless I figure out how it doesn't need to be in the Rubber B's case.
Everest work off a link system where they want you to count the links and they make many different rubber strap based off those different sizes. You can then made slight adjustments using the notches on your clasp.
The Rubber B Strap is a lot cruder in how it works as it covers every strap size right from the off since you they send you a super long strap and requires you to make slow patient cuts into the rubber to get a perfect fit tailored for your wrist.

I have had both and tbh I much prefer the Rubber B because it looks so much sleeker and doesn't budge out like Everest so if you have small wrist the Rubber B is the way to go. It does mean however if you ever intend to sell the rubber strap going forward then the Everest strap is easier to sell on being uncut.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 07:23 PM   #62
AnakChan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstan9 View Post
They’re engineered and manufactured with incredible precision so I’d only buy one that they make specifically for your reference. It fits literally as well as the metal bracelet from Rolex.
Cheers 'cos I can't find anyone else that makes rubber straps for the DJ41 - it's only the Rubber B that comes close with their DJII.
AnakChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 07:27 PM   #63
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwingy View Post
Everest work off a link system where they want you to count the links and they make many different rubber strap based off those different sizes. You can then made slight adjustments using the notches on your clasp.

The Rubber B Strap is a lot cruder in how it works as it covers every strap size right from the off since you they send you a super long strap and requires you to make slow patient cuts into the rubber to get a perfect fit tailored for your wrist.

I have had both and tbh I much prefer the Rubber B because it looks so much sleeker and doesn't budge out like Everest so if you have small wrist the Rubber B is the way to go. It does mean however if you ever intend to sell the rubber strap going forward then the Everest strap is easier to sell on being uncut.

Thank you for the concise explanation. I think I’ll go for the Rubber B then, I love the dual color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 07:35 PM   #64
greentimgreen
"TRF" Member

When I ordered my Rubber B strap I had to count the links and didn’t do any cutting at all. Perhaps straps for different models vary- mine is a 114060 SubND.

The service is awesome by the way. I stupidly counted incorrectly (worrying that I can’t count to 5!) and they turned around an exchange quickly and painlessly. Highly recommend.

greentimgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 08:29 PM   #65
Stebinners
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 16610

Stebinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 09:42 PM   #66
vanhwrd4
"TRF" Member

Love the white rubber b on the EXP II! I currently have a black rubber b on my EXP II and a blue on my GMT II. Think I am going to buy a white one now for my EXP II. Thank you for posting.
vanhwrd4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 12:49 AM   #67
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Have been happy w mine that I installed recently on my YM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 12:51 AM   #68
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Have been happy w mine that I installed recently on my YM

Wow, thats the most attractive use of a rubberb I have seen
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 02:06 AM   #69
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
Wow, thats the most attractive use of a rubberb I have seen

Thanks!

JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 02:36 AM   #70
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwingy View Post
It does mean however if you ever intend to sell the rubber strap going forward then the Everest strap is easier to sell on being uncut.
Wouldn't the Rubber B be easier to sell as you can sell to someone with the same wrist size as you or smaller... With the precise fit Everest, you need to look for a buyer with the same wrist size as you
Old 10 July 2019, 01:26 AM   #71
behardt
"TRF" Member

Anybody else wish Rubber B had a black tang buckle version (matte black PVD?) Would go with SS, WG, YG or RG. I love my Rubber B straps, just don't like the trouble of swapping around buckles on my precious metal models.

Would rather leave bracelet as one unit and just swap strap when I want something different. Gold plating is too much trouble...

Thoughts?
Old 10 July 2019, 02:37 AM   #72
kbutler1
"TRF" Member

Watch: This one
I've got a black one showing up today for my 14060M, keeping an eye out for the UPS truck!
kbutler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2019, 06:06 AM   #73
Northstar522
"TRF" Member

Wearing mine today. MSP airport.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C0534A96-FB88-4F61-9FD4-FAB94DD1A6F1.jpeg (45.2 KB, 1230 views)
Northstar522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2019, 12:05 PM   #74
kbutler1
"TRF" Member

Dang, are they supposed to be so hard to get in place? I've changed out multiple bands before but I cannot get one side on for the life of me. Starting to think I got a bad strap.
Old 12 July 2019, 01:33 AM   #75
kbutler1
"TRF" Member

Gave up trying to install myself. Took it to my AD where they actually had to trim the Rubber B to fit properly. I initially called Rubber B and they blamed the non fit on their very tight tolerances and that I probably had a slightly bent spring bar.

So...if you are having issues with fit my very strong suggestion is to take it in and have your favorite watchsmith install for you. My AD didn't charge anything to do the work.
Old 19 August 2019, 02:32 AM   #76
Sifi273
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguetaoscar View Post
Yes, they are great, have one on my Black Bay.

Hey, can I ask, do you have this on your original oyster deployment or tang buckle? Looking to buy a rubber b but undecided on clasp. Thanks
Sifi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2019, 02:45 AM   #77
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I went with Everest but both are really top notch

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 09:41 AM   #78
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
I can’t seem to find a lot of comments on a comparison between the Rubber B vs Oysterflex. How’s the quality comparison? One guy said that the Oysterflex can actually get scratched, which I found surprising.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 12:02 PM   #79
WyoWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT and Sub C

I absolutely love mine and will probably never go back to my OEM bracelet as nice as it is.
WyoWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 12:19 PM   #80
Stx
"TRF" Member

My RubberB failed after 2 years of daily use. The rubber that holds the clasp is very thin. It failed and my watch fell off. It's in a location that's hard to see. My opinion is the clasp model has a nice cosmetic but should be replaced every year if being counted on for daily use (including ocean, sports, etc). RubberB has a poor warranty which indicates to me they don't expect much out of their products. I really like the look. The tang model seems more robust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RubberB2.jpg (137.9 KB, 1046 views)

Last edited by Stx; 9 September 2019 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: Photo add
Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 12:23 PM   #81
Geelerald
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II Polar
Love mine

Comfortable and the red stripe looks great on my Explorer II.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1C2D9FE1-3785-4C7B-9EE7-A2543BF10C1B.jpeg (63.6 KB, 1086 views)
Geelerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 01:35 PM   #82
WyoWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT and Sub C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stx View Post
My RubberB failed after 2 years of daily use. The rubber that holds the clasp is very thin. It failed and my watch fell off. It's in a location that's hard to see. My opinion is the clasp model has a nice cosmetic but should be replaced every year if being counted on for daily use (including ocean, sports, etc). RubberB has a poor warranty which indicates to me they don't expect much out of their products. I really like the look. The tang model seems more robust.
This seems to be the only occurence of this that I can find anywhere on the internet. I'd have to think if it were common, you'd be able to find a lot of unhappy people complaining about it. I will be checking mine for signs of stress from now on regularly though. I think the use of a quality rubber conditioner wouldn't be a bad idea either to keep it from drying out prematurely.
WyoWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2019, 11:41 PM   #83
Stx
"TRF" Member

My strap that broke did experience tough conditions - lots of sweat from outdoor sports, salt water, pool water. I washed it once or twice a day when I showered. My thought is, it's not steel reinforced so if you use it as a daily, then take it off, take the clasp off, and inspect once a year, or more. If you see any signs of cracking then throw it out. I'm fortunate my watch fell off while in my car and not the ocean. I really liked wearing it. I bought a clasped Vulcan brand from England that has some reinforcement but am back to the steel bracelet mainly because I prefer the Rolex clasp.
Old 10 September 2019, 12:50 AM   #84
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
You washed it twice a day and still have all that gunk on it and the clasp? You can probably plant a tree in there man! come on, You might have worn for two years but that's not a two year old band. Wouldn't doubt you have a fake one too. This is what a 3-4 year old real Rubber B looks like:

Quote:
My strap that broke did experience tough conditions - lots of sweat from outdoor sports, salt water, pool water. I washed it once or twice a day when I showered. My thought is, it's not steel reinforced so if you use it as a daily, then take it off, take the clasp off, and inspect once a year, or more. If you see any signs of cracking then throw it out. I'm fortunate my watch fell off while in my car and not the ocean. I really liked wearing it. I bought a clasped Vulcan brand from England that has some reinforcement but am back to the steel bracelet mainly because I prefer the Rolex clasp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg subcrubber1jpg.jpeg (62.6 KB, 1001 views)
Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 12:58 AM   #85
bravetony
"TRF" Member

Not for nothing but I yanked & twisted the hell out of the clasp to see if it was strong enough when I installed the strap. It won't pop thats for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4296.JPG (102.4 KB, 1000 views)
bravetony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 01:11 AM   #86
Gert
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub, TT SubC LN
Very happy with mine, that I recently got for my GMTc SS or YG..!

Gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 02:11 AM   #87
g_luck
"TRF" Member

The only problem with RubberB is that people will comment on the watch more. I get more questions about my Explorer with the Tangerine RubberB than I do on the 16710 "Pepsi" and I am one that doesn't like comments too much. It's just a personal opinion but in public I don't like it when people comment or question watches.
g_luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 07:22 AM   #88
Stx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri.Popov View Post
You washed it twice a day and still have all that gunk on it and the clasp? You can probably plant a tree in there man! come on, You might have worn for two years but that's not a two year old band. Wouldn't doubt you have a fake one too. This is what a 3-4 year old real Rubber B looks like:
I purchased it directly from rubberb. I'm just sharing my experience. I didn't disassemble to wash, some areas aren't exposed. I put it on my watch at purchase and it lasted two years.
I wear my watch and Rolex stands up. I snorkel, shower, sweat, do yard work or whatever with my watch on. I recommend the steel bracelet if you don't have light duty for the watch. Oysterflex has a steel shank in it, that's Rolex quality. Rubberb is good but it isn't an oysterflex.

Your call, your watch.
Old 13 September 2019, 11:22 AM   #89
ttmedical
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I purchased it directly from rubberb. I'm just sharing my experience. I didn't disassemble to wash, some areas aren't exposed. I put it on my watch at purchase and it lasted two years.
I wear my watch and Rolex stands up. I snorkel, shower, sweat, do yard work or whatever with my watch on. I recommend the steel bracelet if you don't have light duty for the watch. Oysterflex has a steel shank in it, that's Rolex quality. Rubberb is good but it isn't an oysterflex.

Your call, your watch.

Stx's post has persuaded me to get the rubberB strap that has a tang and buckle for my 116520. His picture does indeed show a place where there will be quite a bit of stress to the strap and could have the potential for friction wear combined with the rubber drying causing failure. Just thinking of this watch falling into the ocean or losing it on the subway scares me hahah!

However, I really do like the look of the strap that utilizes the Rolex clasp. Has anyone else had similar issues as Stx with rubberB or do y'all use any sort of rubber conditioner regularly? Conversely, has anyone purchased the Everest strap that utilizes the clasp?
ttmedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2019, 05:22 PM   #90
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
Finally got it for my new Tudor BB41. Slightly regret the color scheme, but loving it otherwise. Should have gone with red/blue rather than tan.

teck21 is offline   Reply With Quote