The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 31 May 2020, 01:49 PM   #31
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

mrs hambone and I live by the credo of "what's mine is yours, and what's yours was once mine."
Old 31 May 2020, 01:52 PM   #32
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
I have no way to know if my wife is "better" than anyone else's. For us the relationship of 45 years works. I handle the finances and buy what I want. If Mrs Jona wants something she will either buy it or take it up with me regarding funds. She has whatever she wants and we are happy.
Old 31 May 2020, 02:10 PM   #33
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
It’s kind of cute seeing all these happy husbands trying to give their wife props!

Great collection OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 May 2020, 02:35 PM   #34
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
After performing surgery all morning, my wife came home early from work and found me underneath the car. I asked for a 3/8 drive torque wrench with a 13mm socket set to 20ft-lbs...which she gave me promptly and exactly. Then she went inside and whooped my son’s ass on Mario Kart 8. KEEPER.
Old 31 May 2020, 04:03 PM   #35
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
I know that, depending on your own marriage, you may disagree, but hear me out:

My wife and I met when we were teenagers at college and have been together for almost 30 years. As you can imagine, you know each other inside and out after such a long time and you have accepted each other's preferences, hobbies and spending habits. So normally, I get to buy the watches and she gets to buy the shoes. Not exactly a one-for-one deal, but I'd like to point out, that I buy far fewer watches, than she buys shoes. And I was fortunate enough to retire about 10 years ago, so I have far too much time on my hands to explore my obsession with watches, but we rarely trespass into each other's hobbies: I wear flip flops all day, she has one YG DJ that she wears 24/7. No surprises to be expected.

A couple of weeks ago, I got my hands on a brand new Pepsi, that arrived with FedEx overnight in the morning. I put it on, liked it, and went on to have lunch with my wife. We had just finished starters, when she noticed the new watch on my wrist and asked me about it. I proudly admitted that my collection had a new favorite and showed her the Pepsi. And than came, in a very casual tone, the sentence that proves, that my wife is better than your wife. She said: "I like it, and I see you like it, so let me buy it for you."

And she did. Just like that.

Feel free to add your own experiences to claim the title "Best Spouse" from her.

Oh, and that's her ..... in the back of the picture...

what a story. Congrats on the watch.Now it's your turn I think to do the same with her next Louboutin
Old 31 May 2020, 06:51 PM   #36
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
yes, yes she is, I'll agree with that.I can't stand my wife.
Old 31 May 2020, 07:04 PM   #37
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney11 View Post
Congrats

Admittedly a bit confused on how she is buying it for you. After 30 years I would think what’s yours is hers and what’s hers is yours

I thought the way it works is that what's hers is hers and what's yours is hers?

Anyway, congrats on the watch, having an understanding and generous wife - and owning a great collection!
Old 31 May 2020, 07:23 PM   #38
slimboy1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two Tone Daytona
Quote:
I know that, depending on your own marriage, you may disagree, but hear me out:

My wife and I met when we were teenagers at college and have been together for almost 30 years. As you can imagine, you know each other inside and out after such a long time and you have accepted each other's preferences, hobbies and spending habits. So normally, I get to buy the watches and she gets to buy the shoes. Not exactly a one-for-one deal, but I'd like to point out, that I buy far fewer watches, than she buys shoes. And I was fortunate enough to retire about 10 years ago, so I have far too much time on my hands to explore my obsession with watches, but we rarely trespass into each other's hobbies: I wear flip flops all day, she has one YG DJ that she wears 24/7. No surprises to be expected.

A couple of weeks ago, I got my hands on a brand new Pepsi, that arrived with FedEx overnight in the morning. I put it on, liked it, and went on to have lunch with my wife. We had just finished starters, when she noticed the new watch on my wrist and asked me about it. I proudly admitted that my collection had a new favorite and showed her the Pepsi. And than came, in a very casual tone, the sentence that proves, that my wife is better than your wife. She said: "I like it, and I see you like it, so let me buy it for you."

And she did. Just like that.

Feel free to add your own experiences to claim the title "Best Spouse" from her.

Oh, and that's her ..... in the back of the picture...

I think that’s a lovely gesture, congrats on the early retirement and by the sounds of the little you’ve written looks like you’ve got a very contented life, one that I myself would love to achieve enjoy your watch
Old 31 May 2020, 07:48 PM   #39
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
Quote:
All of you are correct: I should have said that the paid for it, not that she had bought it. And, yes, it was minimal effort on her part, and after so many years of marriage, it probably doesn't matter anymore in a legal context.

I still enjoyed the spontaneous gesture (and the GMT).

I have to admit though, that the idea of putting it down for the next watch purchase is brilliant. I could kick myself.

Enjoy it my friend in good health! You have a terrific woman and that was a beautiful gesture, here sometimes you may find some haters, don’t worry about it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 31 May 2020, 08:15 PM   #40
SFmedic13
"TRF" Member

Watch: None Currently
Congratulations on the GMT, my wife's supported me through my Military career as a Special Forces medic which had me deployed for months at a time, she supported me as a Police Officer and now as a contractor.

I continue to work overseas so she's a Strong woman, she doesn't mind me spending money myself and often suggests I buy what I want. So, for the last 43 years......I too have a good woman by my side.
Old 31 May 2020, 08:28 PM   #41
Wedders
"TRF" Member

You’re too soft letting her have her own money.
Old 31 May 2020, 08:53 PM   #42
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Love the picture, enjoy the freedom!

If you want to discuss, I'm just wondering how you have spend the past few years and the years to come being retired so early. Do you (normally) travel a lot or how do you keep busy (besides fine dining/working out/...) and such?

You made me dream but somehow I can't imagine what's it like to retire at 39 and then have all the freedom in the world. But to do what exactly?
Old 31 May 2020, 09:08 PM   #43
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
I can agreed with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 31 May 2020, 09:13 PM   #44
Pilliam
"TRF" Member

Oh, and congrats, OP. Great story and unbeatable wifey! Always reassuring to hear stories of genuine love and reciprocal, spousal affinity.
Old 31 May 2020, 09:26 PM   #45
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedders View Post
And why is she in the pool... unless that is a supermassive modern sink.
Old 31 May 2020, 09:27 PM   #46
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Very nice collection you have there & very fortunate to have retired in your late 30’s too. I also see your in the TB area as well.
Old 31 May 2020, 09:29 PM   #47
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good story. I get it.
Old 31 May 2020, 09:40 PM   #48
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
It'll be 35 years we're married in October. My wife and I have one bank account so who pays doesn't matter in truth. No prenup, no plans or desire to ever leave each other. We've been through a lot together. Loss of a child, unemployment situations, moves across the country, kids, pets, homes, losses and gains.

Back when I was dating, a friend suggested I create a check list of what I was looking for in a partner. I came up with 25 items all about character and not about appearance. I used it as I finished up my dating career to help me keep what is important in perspective. I'm glad I used it and wouldn't want to ever have to go through the search again.

It's nice that a watch is enough to say that one has the best wife. For me there's a lot more to it. I remember being given a nice Christmas present by an old flame months before she left me. It's just money. For me that isn't even close to the currency of love that thirty-five years of life together will generate.

Congratulations on your watch and your loving wife. I'm personally more than happy to have the one I'm with. I wouldn't swap her for all the money in the world.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
Old 31 May 2020, 10:06 PM   #49
topgear
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 LN, PAM390
Congratulations!

Nice watch, great wife and awesomely healthy relationship
Old 31 May 2020, 10:17 PM   #50
OldOak
"TRF" Member

Nice story. I like it
Congrats too.
If I turn up with a new watch my wife always spots it, and then says something along the lines of. Not again....... enjoy.

Old 31 May 2020, 10:18 PM   #51
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Nothing better than having married the right person when you were both young and then growing old together. My wife and I have been together 50 years, it’s been fantastic and now I will let her read this story and see if I can plant some Rolex seeds with it lol...
Old 31 May 2020, 10:35 PM   #52
shipitfresh
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
Good for you! My wife is pretty cool too. She liked my new SSDJ41 so much, we bought one for her. She'd been wearing a ladies TTDJ blue dial w/diamonds 24/7 for many years. She also has an AP TT Royal Oak and almost never wears it.
Old 31 May 2020, 10:38 PM   #53
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Congrats, OP and nice story!

I am continually amazed how some on TRF can be "offended" or put out by the most innocuous or lighthearted of comments. I suppose the combination of seeing printed words without hearing the tone of a voice, combined with perhaps zero sense of humor can have that consequence.

There are also some very funny and thoughtful comments on here that make it all worthwhile.
Old 31 May 2020, 10:44 PM   #54
vesnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
Quote:
After performing surgery all morning, my wife came home early from work and found me underneath the car. I asked for a 3/8 drive torque wrench with a 13mm socket set to 20ft-lbs...which she gave me promptly and exactly. Then she went inside and whooped my son’s ass on Mario Kart 8. KEEPER.
Now that is a keeper!!
Old 31 May 2020, 11:01 PM   #55
Spence4
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Obviously, a spouse’s support/enabling of our hobby is not the way we value them, but I appreciate OP’s point. So while I am in the same boat as most of you - wife is amazing for so many reasons not related to watches - I will play. My wife got me a Daytona as a wedding gift and a BLRO for our 11th anniversary (stainless steel). No PM watches, but two difficult to obtain models from two separate ADs with no purchase history at either one.

That’s all I have time for as the thirty minutes she allows me to use the internet per day is almost up.
Old 31 May 2020, 11:08 PM   #56
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
After my first wife died over 20 years ago, I spent my time for about 6 or 7 years in a pitiful haze, I just existed. I met my current wife who brought me back to life, it wasn't easy for her, but I am so grateful and happy again.

DAVE

Old 31 May 2020, 11:20 PM   #57
John4C
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
Keeper indeed.
Old 31 May 2020, 11:25 PM   #58
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceptional View Post

I don't think her buying you a Pepsi is anything to brag about personally but thanks for sharing.
Really? In what alternate universe is a wife buying her husband a Rolex not brag-worthy?

I would venture you either have one spectacular relationship or you're not married. Please do share...
Old 31 May 2020, 11:45 PM   #59
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

I am in a wonderful second marriage, but OP, let’s learn and get things straight with the wife:

What’s mine is mine.
What’s yours is mine.
And what’s ours is mine.

Repeat that 10 times now.
Old 31 May 2020, 11:48 PM   #60
emtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedders View Post
Lolol
Closed Thread