The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 August 2020, 01:40 PM   #1
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Breitlight durability?

Anyone with skyracer that can comment on the durability of the case? Felt pretty decent but I remember AP forged carbon cases chipped and wore poorly when they first came out.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2020, 12:03 AM   #2
Plebs
"TRF" Member

2nd this. Thinking of getting the new Endurance Pro? From the shots, videos I have seen also interested. Once I get back into town for the new Rolex will take a first hand look at these new models. Probably will pull trigger on Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2020, 12:36 AM   #3
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

I’ve had my Colt Skyracer for 2 years and it still looks like the day I got it brand new. This is truly my beater watch. If I wear a watch doing any sort of yard work, this is the watch I wear. It’s extremely lightweight and you most likely even won’t even realize you’re wearing a watch.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2020, 09:58 PM   #4
Plebs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
I’ve had my Colt Skyracer for 2 years and it still looks like the day I got it brand new. This is truly my beater watch. If I wear a watch doing any sort of yard work, this is the watch I wear. It’s extremely lightweight and you most likely even won’t even realize you’re wearing a watch.

Thanks kind sir, tried on the new Endurance Pro and love it minus the rubber (prefer the Nato strap).

Old 5 September 2020, 12:53 AM   #5
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plebs View Post
Thanks kind sir, tried on the new Endurance Pro and love it minus the rubber (prefer the Nato strap).

The nato straps are nice. I’ve got the blue one for my Superocean Heritage and it’s very comfortable. If you still want a rubber strap, look at the rubber mesh straps. You should be able to buy a Breitlight tang buckle for them. I’ve got 2 of those straps and they’re a lot more flexible and comfortable than the thicker strap with Breitling on it.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2020, 06:33 AM   #6
Plebs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson3097 View Post
The nato straps are nice. I’ve got the blue one for my Superocean Heritage and it’s very comfortable. If you still want a rubber strap, look at the rubber mesh straps. You should be able to buy a Breitlight tang buckle for them. I’ve got 2 of those straps and they’re a lot more flexible and comfortable than the thicker strap with Breitling on it.

Much appreciated !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 17 October 2020, 12:04 PM   #7
soundserious
"TRF" Member

I have a Skyracer that I wear 4-5 times per week. Doesn’t show a mark. Intoxicating lightness. Works well on NATO too. Easily the best Breitling I’ve bought and I’ve bought several over the years. I’m eyeing the EP as well.
Old 17 October 2020, 05:27 PM   #8
fozzyf18
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMTII,TT & SS Sub
I cannot say that I have seen anyone in my military aviation profession wear a Skyracer, but I have seen many, many, many wear other Breitling products in the cockpit of single seat fighters and they took everything that environment could give. I personally prefer a 16710 GMT for personal use, but to answer your question, I don’t think I would doubt Brietling’s durability. Maybe if they have a different standard of construction or design for that watch, maybe, but I doubt it.
fozzyf18 is offline   Reply With Quote