The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 August 2022, 08:44 AM   #211
Malum
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 D-Blue
Never let go .
Malum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 08:51 AM   #212
JRedford
"TRF" Member

I was unaware that gratuitous trolling was allowed.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today And then one day you find ten years have got behind you No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
JRedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 08:55 AM   #213
interestedinwatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRedford View Post
I was unaware that gratuitous trolling was allowed.
What? Why am I trolling?

Watches get criticized all the time on this website.

Because SD43 owners are butthurt about it, I'm trolling?
interestedinwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 11:26 AM   #214
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
If anyone who like to take some action on this thread, I'm placing the over/under at 10 pages. Minimum bets apply.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 02:35 PM   #215
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Do ferraris come with the big gold chains for the owners or is that an acquired habit?
They used to. Now the gold is funneled into Ukraine who now has over 3,000 Tons, yet they have very little active mines..? Ferrari owners wouldn't dare take from the war bond.

"Bless Ukraine"
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 02:39 PM   #216
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
If anyone who like to take some action on this thread, I'm placing the over/under at 10 pages. Minimum bets apply.
I'm in. What's the post count penalty ?
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 03:48 PM   #217
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedinwatches View Post
I'm not going to reply
Interesting way to discuss.
As it has been said before, you dismiss anything that goes against your opinion and don't bother to open your mind to other testimonies, in superiority and against your point of view here. You just repeat it, and that's it, your truth is the truth.

Quote:
you were so offended by my opinion
Your opinion touches me one without moving the other, I assure you. I am having fun with a person who created a topic to understand why the bottom of a 4000ft waterproof watch must be more resistant and thicker than another, and who would like Rolex to direct its excellence in the field for its selfish aesthetic preference .

Quote:
This is the vocal minority fallacy.

It's cause it's big and ridiculously thick to most people.
You who like so much the error of logic, know that this proportion of people intervening is unknown to you.
For the rest, there are 7.7 billion individuals and you still don't know, it's pure fabrication to join your opinion.

Yet another fact, the entire Rolex manufacture is pre-sold, SD included.
It has continued to grow in recent years (virtually doubling to 1'200'000 pieces).
The demand is such that the possibility of producing for the demand is impossible.
Whether you like it or not, it's not a product that most people shun, but one that sells very well, in constant progress, against your tastes.

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Toproll85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 04:13 PM   #218
interestedinwatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
" As it has been said before, you dismiss anything that goes against your opinion and don't bother to open your mind to other testimonies, in superiority and against your point of view here. You just repeat it, and that's it, your truth is the truth."
This is an emotional hobby. There is no opinion you have, nor can you convince me, that the SD43 is not ugly with a horrid caseback. This is not a logical discussion.

Quote:
" Your opinion touches me one without moving the other, I assure you. I am having fun with a person who created a topic to understand why the bottom of a 4000ft waterproof watch must be more resistant and thicker than another, and who would like Rolex to direct its excellence in the field for its selfish aesthetic preference . "
You are clearly offended and take much offense otherwise you wouldn't be writing essays full of logical fallacies to convince someone your watch isn't ugly.

Regardless of its merits on paper, this is an aesthetic hobby, the luxury watch game. The SD43 can reach Saturn and back and I'll still think it looks nasty. That's just how emotional hobbies go.

Quote:
You who like so much the error of logic, know that this proportion of people intervening is unknown to you.
For the rest, there are 7.7 billion individuals and you still don't know, it's pure fabrication to join your opinion."
You're the one who gauged the statistics of this topic cause of how offended you are, not me. Look in the mirror when talking about proportions. Another contradiction from the fallacious SD43 guy.

Quote:
"Yet another fact, the entire Rolex manufacture is pre-sold, SD included.
It has continued to grow in recent years (virtually doubling to 1'200'000 pieces).
The demand is such that the possibility of producing for the demand is impossible.
Whether you like it or not, it's not a product that most people shun, but one that sells very well, in constant progress, against your tastes.
Why are you telling me that many other people buy the watch? Why do I care? I simply said it's not for me. Who cares how well its doing? Why do I care? It does not look good to me. Simple as that.

I'd like you also to know, that I never said it doesn't have its fair share of followers. It just has a lot more who would never wear it. You act like I said it's worthless. It is just not for me cause of a disgusting caseback. The SD43 is very easy to get at ADs for a reason.

Your watch is fat and unattractive to me buddy, that doesn't mean you can't like it. I have a YM and many people dislike it. I'm confident enough not to care, this is very subjective, and I absolutely love my YM.

Let me level with you here, you're not trying to convince me. You're trying to convince yourself, it's obvious. Deep down you know you don't like it and are trying to convince yourself it was the right decision. Anyone truly in love with their SD43 would shrug their shoulders and move on.

You'll be alright.
Old 17 August 2022, 04:44 PM   #219
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is an emotional hobby. There is no opinion you have, nor can you convince me, that the SD43 is not ugly with a horrid caseback. This is not a logical discussion.
You are right it is personal.
You had agreed to measurable facts. The watch is not disproportionate at all.
Whether you don't like it, you're right everyone is free.

Quote:
You are clearly offended and take much offense otherwise you wouldn't be writing essays full of logical fallacies to convince someone your watch isn't ugly.
At no time did we discuss the beauty of the object.

Quote:
Let me level with you here, you're not trying to convince me. You're trying to convince yourself, it's obvious. Deep down you know you don't like it and are trying to convince yourself it was the right decision. Anyone truly in love with their SD43 would shrug their shoulders and move on.

You'll be alright.

You're wrong to think because someone is reacting to you it's because they're offended or they made a mistake.
You still have the same problem to correct, yet even children learn to progress and do better next time.
I'm just responding to your comments about substance and proportions. For me you say anything publicly to the discredit of Rolex, this SD43 can correspond to many men, without doing the hockey puck style.
For all the reasons, clarifications and details invoked in this thread.

Don't worry about me, I'm more than alright, just yesterday I wore my RO which looks like a truck nut to some and will continue to wear my SD to swim in my private lake spot, my Freak and Zeitwerk by fascination and watchmaking passion, along with all the others. 'Cause I don't need nobody's consent We agree at least on this point.

Grönefeld 1941 RCF ¦ H. Moser Heritage Dual Time ¦ JLC Q1308470 ¦ L&S 1815 Up/Down ¦ L&S Zeitwerk Date ¦ UN Freak X carbonium
Old 17 August 2022, 04:48 PM   #220
interestedinwatches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toproll85 View Post
You are right it is personal.
You had agreed to measurable facts. The watch is not disproportionate at all.
Whether you don't like it, you're right everyone is free.

At no time did we discuss the beauty of the object.

You're wrong to think because someone is reacting to you it's because they're offended or they made a mistake.
You still have the same problem to correct, yet even children learn to progress and do better next time.
I'm just responding to your comments about substance and proportions. For me you say anything publicly to the discredit of Rolex, this SD43 can correspond to many men, without doing the hockey puck style.
For all the reasons, clarifications and details invoked in this thread.

Don't worry about me, I'm more than alright, just yesterday I wore my RO which looks like a truck nut to some and will continue to wear my SD to swim in my private lake spot, my Freak and Zeitwerk by fascination and watchmaking passion, along with all the others. 'Cause I don't need nobody's consent We agree at least on this point.
Beauty was always the entire point of this thread.

To me the proportions are off. I do not like the proportions. Even if it travels to the core of the Earth, no matter how you justify it, visually the caseback is disproportionate to the rest of the watch even when there is a purpose to it.

I do not like it. Simple as that.

I am glad that you do like it. Allegedly at least.

I have an RO 15500 as well and I love that watch!
Old 17 August 2022, 04:58 PM   #221
Toproll85
"TRF" Member

Quote:

To me the proportions are off. I do not like the proportions. Even if it travels to the core of the Earth, no matter how you justify it, visually the caseback is disproportionate to the rest of the watch even when there is a purpose to it.

I love it too, but a bit flimsy.
I preferred my VC 4500v in use, but its French bracelet when it comes from Geneva shot me (stupid principle, I grant you, another debate). I kept the RO, more for heritage purposes and out of admiration for manual work, also the perpetual calendar one for the complication and success.

Sorry for the HS, and thank you anyway for the exchange despite the fact that we couldn't agree on the subject.

Old 17 August 2022, 05:01 PM   #222
Noahgraph
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
I agree with TS that there are way more comfortable watches than the SD43. I have sold both my James Cameron as well as it's replacement, the SD 43. They are simply not as comfortable as pretty much any other Rolex I ever owned. I have thick wrists yet the heaviness at the top sucks. When it comes to looks I would say they are both amazing!

To each their own!! No need to argue about that kids.
Noahgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 11:39 PM   #223
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Always appreciate your insights Victor and just goes to show what I was saying earlier about the comfort of this reference.

I’m happy it suits you well. I’m also getting on better with mine these days
Thanks, Brian.

I know you went back and forth with the SD43. I remember the days you first got yours, let it go due to discomfort but recently decided to give it a second chance. I hope you find a way to wear it that suits your wrist.

Some watches are not meant to be daily wearers, depending on our lifestyle and wrist shape. Some of my 45mm divers with large flat casebacks become painful after a few days of wearing them, especially with long sleeves and tight cuff sweaters. I accept that and try to leave them for the summer with t-shirts, which in my case considerably reduces discomfort.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2022, 11:51 PM   #224
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
Thanks, Brian.

I know you went back and forth with the SD43. I remember the days you first got yours, let it go due to discomfort but recently decided to give it a second chance. I hope you find a way to wear it that suits your wrist.

Some watches are not meant to be daily wearers, depending on our lifestyle and wrist shape. Some of my 45mm divers with large flat casebacks become painful after a few days of wearing them, especially with long sleeves and tight cuff sweaters. I accept that and try to leave them for the summer with t-shirts, which in my case considerably reduces discomfort.
Thank you Victor, and I agree … as part of a collection there are aspects of comfort and wearability that I’m prepared to sacrifice for the sheer pleasure of owning a watch in rotation. The SD43 definitely falls into that category for me, as does the 690.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2022, 04:07 AM   #225
Brian Page
"TRF" Member

Well... I'm glad that's settled....

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Brian Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2022, 04:11 AM   #226
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My wrist is as flat as it gets. The extruding caseback makes the case not hug the wrist fully and no flat wrist would help that, unless you wear the watch ridiculously tight, which would defeat the purpose of enjoying a watch.
just put an aftermarket caseback on it thats flat and problem solved. When you sell switch it back.
gwozhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2022, 04:16 AM   #227
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:

amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2022, 10:56 AM   #228
GMTMasterNJ
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
I have a smaller wrist but it's definitely flat. I don't have an SD4000 or SD43 but rather the Deepsea JC. Yes, it's thick but it sits properly above the wrist bone and I don't feel the heft at all. Sure, some shirtcuffs are tight but that's OK.
I still want an SD43 though.
GMTMasterNJ is offline   Reply With Quote