The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 August 2022, 05:28 PM   #1
Golden Palomino
"TRF" Member

Easy fun AD experiences

I don’t ever post, but i appreciate the timepiece nerdery here. I had a very nice experience recently and thought I’d share. While traveling in Cork Ireland, chillin on Oliver Plunkett, I walked in to check out the local shop Keane’s. It’s small, lots of cool (non Rolex) watches to see, and lots of people packed in there browsing. The gentleman representing Rolex happily paused his work to take me back to the little booth in the corner to chat all things clockwork. Tried on a SD43, which was cooler on me than I would have expected. Then he took me around and showed me a few other brands, all very casual and fun.

It was refreshingly cool because most of my prior experiences over the years have been overwhelmingly negative and the contrast was huge. In nyc, a lady explained to me that these were very expensive and turned to ignore me. In NOVA the man in the shop wouldn’t even look at me or interact, despite my being the only other human being in the place. The Bay Area (South Bay)? They worked extra hard to make sure I felt unwanted. I had kinda given up on bothering mainly just because it’s unpleasant feeling disrespected arbitrarily. But Keanes was super fun for a pop in.

I’ll add here that I’ve had one other nice experience recently at my local AD (Carmel CA) - a very nice woman noticed me outside, presumably observing my submariner, and approached me on the sidewalk to invite me in to talk watches. Madness! The point? ADs are a mixed bag my friends, seek out the ones with good hearts and you’ll be rewarded with a nice experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Golden Palomino is online now   Reply With Quote