The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 August 2022, 07:53 AM   #4141
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
This man is just trying to eat his chips...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chips.jpg (227.0 KB, 252 views)
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2022, 09:45 PM   #4142
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Binotto says there is nothing to change at Ferrari which begs the question, "How much power does he really have?"  Is there no one checking this guy?

​​​​​​​https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...nges/10347418/
This guy needs to go...he is at the top and regardless of the strategists or engineers or whoever is making the bad and incorrect call, the top guy should get axed. He has allowed the team to fall behind and cannibalize its chances of Lec winning his first championship and Ferrari finishing the constructors at the top. All of the Italian fans in Italy are calling for his head, and all of Ferrari fans are calling for his head. Something has to change in this break, I cannot see the sponsors being happy with the recent outcomes due to poor poor decisions.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2022, 11:12 PM   #4143
77T

What we’ve learned over the years is the Prancing Horse gets views for their sponsors in F1. Shell, Santander, Ray Ban, et al. get screen time when they are a contender. And conversely, when the red machines aren’t, they get as much coverage while the broadcasts spend time asking why they aren’t.

Binotto needs to answer for the poor performance of the package - or bring upgrades to the cars after the break.

I get the complaints about the LEC M/M/H tire strat. I believe they missed the predictive curve on hards due to lower track temp’s than during FP’s. That is a team fault coming to the track again.
SAI ran a M/M/S tire strat that should have been golden. But he lacked performance - I believe that overall pace was to blame, not tire choice.

But the performance is also Binotto’s responsibility. 9 events to go - team championship is even more important to his retention. And it’s almost 100 pts behind - RedBull has done better getting more points from both drivers after a poor season start.

It’s not getting it right every time, it’s how a team reacts to adversity that earns championships. By the next visit to the Americas, Ferrari needs to be pulling even. Because we all know crazy stuff can happen in the finale…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2022, 02:06 AM   #4144
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Pace was down but Sainz interview post race indicated that it wasn't the tire choice per se on his side of the garage but rather bringing him in too early. Based on his body language and comment under his breath, he was definitely biting his tongue when he was interviewed in the pen.

LEC's was a complete cluster as they put on hards despite Pirelli engineers telling all teams that it was too cold to consider hards, but Alpine, Ferrari and another still rolled the dice. The other disaster was bringing LEC in for a 3rd stop when he could have stayed on the hards and went to the end and perhaps finished 4th.

It's unclear to whom Binotto answers at Ferrari. He seems to have benevolent rule.
Old 4 August 2022, 03:53 AM   #4145
77T

The Official Formula One Thread!

Quote:

It's unclear to whom Binotto answers at Ferrari. He seems to have benevolent rule.
I’m pretty sure it’s this guy…

He does not seem happy

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/corpor...utive-officers

Old 6 August 2022, 02:35 AM   #4146
Jackie Daytona

Watch: 16750
Love this guys content. Just the teams assessments going into break.

https://youtu.be/Gp76C2mgAkI
Old 7 August 2022, 11:08 PM   #4147
77T

Just a quick PSA for a series we support. And if you want to see the Nashville GP from a different perspective.

GT America (SRO sanctioned) race #2 is livestreaming free today just before noontime, ET. They are one of the support series for the IndyCar Music City GP. It’s a strange street circuit so be forewarned about FCY-ness.

gtamerica.us is the stream site.

Yesterday’s race was better than the TransAm race that preceded it.

If you like to see future Indy stars, the Lights series race goes off right after GT America’s finish. IndyCar streams that on their App, but you must be a subscriber.

It’s a poor substitute during the Summer Break, but what ya gonna do?

Old 7 August 2022, 11:16 PM   #4148
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Great post Paul!

Lots of great races at the Nurburgring this weekend are available live on Motorsport.tv

GT America will also be streamed on Motorosport.tv and Motortrend starting at 11:45am EDT.

At 10am Motortrend is streaming the FIA WTCR touring car European race.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2022, 01:27 AM   #4149
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

F4 Germany is a great racer today!!!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 8 August 2022, 02:22 AM   #4150
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

I'm watching MotoGP from Silverstone today on NBCSN (delayed).
Old 13 August 2022, 01:14 PM   #4151
77T

From press reports…
The FIA has broken its silence over the Oscar Piastri and Daniel Ricciardo driver debacle at McLaren and Alpine. FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem claimed the FIA would solve the issue through their own means instead of teams having to go to court.

He posted: “The FIA’s Driver Contract Recognition Board (CRB) was set up to deal with contract priority issues between drivers and F1 teams. That’s why we rely on their decision to resolve any conflict.”

There could be another case soon with Haas methinks.

Old 17 August 2022, 07:11 AM   #4152
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

The 2026 F1 engine regulations have been approved by the FIA. I hope the sound emitted from the new cars will be closer to what they were in 2013. Brief 4 min video produced by F1 to explain.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...WyNiGFGfS.html
Old 18 August 2022, 04:17 AM   #4153
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

If you haven't heard, Kimi is racing in the NASCAR Cup series at Watkins Glen in upstate New York this Sunday. I don't usually watch NASCAR, but tune in when they attend road courses. Their double header a few weeks ago with Indycar at the Brickyard was a good show and there's been a great deal of interest in F1 in recent years from various fan bases. There's no doubt cameras will be on the Iceman and hope that he shows well. Here is an article on the event.

Kimi will be running up the back straight at the Glen this week. Instead of glorious F1 exhaust notes he will be hammering up the incline in a NASCAR V8. Kimi Raikkonen’s every move at Watkins Glen International this weekend will be watched, photographed, videoed and live-tweeted. He’ll be approached by many a fan who followed Raikkonen’s long and successful career in Formula One, people who now get the chance to watch him race a NASCAR Cup Series car for the first time.

The enthusiastic crowd surrounding him might include a few NASCAR drivers, too.

“He’s going to be the biggest celebrity in the garage,” Tyler Reddick said. “We have popular drivers over here, but his popularity is on another level. I’ll try to (meet him), but I think everybody’s going to. I don’t want to bother the guy.”

“There are going to be so many people around him that I don’t know if you’ll be able to get a word in,” Ryan Blaney said. “I’d like to shake his hand and say, ‘I’m a fan,’ but I’m sure he’s going to have a ton of that the whole weekend.”

“When everybody sees this program in the flesh and Kimi has a good race and it looks cool and all that stuff, (additional interest) will start ramping up,” he said.

That begs the question: Who else would NASCAR drivers like to race against in a dream scenario? Marks is shooting for the moon, so no driver seems out of the question.

As you might guess, Lewis Hamilton got the most votes in an informal poll. He did a ride swap with Tony Stewart in 2011 at Watkins Glen and loves the United States, so it wouldn’t be that far-fetched.

“He needs to come over and play with us sometime,” Ty Dillon said. “He’s a modern-day hero for a lot of us.”

William Byron, one of the biggest F1 fans among the driving corps, said he’d love to race against Max Verstappen.

“His aggressive driving style would fit these cars pretty well because he would throw it in there and do slide jobs and stuff when he got used to it,” Byron said.

Daniel Ricciardo was an obvious choice for some drivers based on his love of NASCAR (he runs the No. 3 in honor of Dale Earnhardt and has attended NASCAR races) and drivers such as soon-to-be retired F1 legend Sebastian Vettel, retired MotoGP icon Valentino Rossi, rally racer Sebastian Loeb and Australian Supercars pilot Jamie Whincup also drew mentions.

“I just want people to experience NASCAR racing,” said Chase Briscoe of Stewart-Haas Racing, who recently hung out with F1’s Kevin Magnussen and Mick Schumacher as they tested on the Charlotte road course. “Everybody that comes in and tries it, their eyes light up because it’s just so different from what they’re used to. The cars are a lot of fun to drive — they don’t drive very good and they’re heavy and sliding around. I just like seeing their reaction to it and I’m willing to have whoever.”

No matter who climbs in the car next, having more international attention on NASCAR will certainly be a positive. The entry list for this weekend contains drivers from seven different countries — which will be a new NASCAR record for a single race.

“What’s amazing for our sport is the fans who are going to watch a NASCAR race for the first time because they’ve been a huge Raikkonen fan or a fan of whoever in a different form of motorsports,” Joey Logano said. “So I think it’s a home run and a half to do that.”

https://theathletic.com/3504080/2022...-watkins-glen/
Old 18 August 2022, 04:48 AM   #4154
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
That begs the question: Who else would NASCAR drivers like to race against in a dream scenario? Marks is shooting for the moon, so no driver seems out of the question.
Russian Torpedo would be really entertaining.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2022, 05:02 AM   #4155
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
Russian Torpedo would be really entertaining.
Kvyat will be in the same race as Kimi this weekend -

A little satire from the fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0258.jpg (156.4 KB, 111 views)
Old 18 August 2022, 06:02 AM   #4156
jatco

Watch: 116233/79190
Ah yes... 'The Glen'...
Been there many a time when F1 ran there..
Ah... the good old days...

' A Crown for every achievement '
jatco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2022, 07:54 AM   #4157
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Ahh yes WGI... Is NASCAR still too wussy to run the boot too? Always loved HPDE and racing at WGI, and one of my faves was actually a light rain qual session.

Old 25 August 2022, 07:36 AM   #4158
77T

OK - Summer break is over.

Teams Hospitality going up.

Time to return to Spa…

Old 25 August 2022, 09:00 AM   #4159
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

If the American owners of F1 remove Spa and other legacy tracks from the schedule it will not longer be F1 in my opinion.

I look forward to being in Vegas for the inaugural event next year but not at the expense of an actual race on an actual circuit like Spa Francorchamps.
JoeJoeBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 01:30 AM   #4160
bibbi
"TRF" Member

Watch-wise - SUF Helsinki is dropping today a collab watch with Valtteri Botas.
bibbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 01:31 AM   #4161
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBobo View Post
If the American owners of F1 remove Spa and other legacy tracks from the schedule it will not longer be F1 in my opinion.

I look forward to being in Vegas for the inaugural event next year but not at the expense of an actual race on an actual circuit like Spa Francorchamps.

People also felt the same about the German GP at Nürburgring. Sometimes organizers don’t see the necessary return on investment.

The organizer at Spa hasn’t signed the F1 contract. 22 of 24 events are ready to go, so it isn’t because of Las Vegas. The slot is available.

Liberty Media owns the 2021 to 2025 seasons, and if Spa declines signing then they may be gone for a while.

Old 26 August 2022, 01:41 AM   #4162
Mifune
Banned

point and shoot sucks...
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 08:45 AM   #4163
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Spa just spent $80m on track improvements, I would hate to think that their investment will go unrewarded. Many things in F1 are polarizing from drivers to teams to regulations, but keeping Spa on calendar is not one of them.
Old 26 August 2022, 01:47 PM   #4164
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google News
"Grim reality facing D. Ricciardo after sacking"
Oh sure grim reality obviously as he's only pocketing $24,000,000 for doing absolutely nothing!!!

He's already got $50,000,000 for 2021 and 2022 where he's grossly underperformed.

This guy really needs a reality check, he's not paid to be the clown prince of F1. McLaren would not have cancelled the contract lightly, and I dare say its not simply the lack of results that culminated in the decision to sack the clown prince, but rather his lack of commitment and application behind the scenes.

Maybe the clown prince can fully focus on his YouTube channel, his craft beer company, his clothing company, his singing activities, his marketing activities for an Australian wine company and telecommunications company.

Pass the shoe, I need a drink

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 10:34 PM   #4165
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Oh sure grim reality obviously as he's only pocketing $24,000,000 for doing absolutely nothing!!!

He's already got $50,000,000 for 2021 and 2022 where he's grossly underperformed.

This guy really needs a reality check, he's not paid to be the clown prince of F1. McLaren would not have cancelled the contract lightly, and I dare say its not simply the lack of results that culminated in the decision to sack the clown prince, but rather his lack of commitment and application behind the scenes.

Maybe the clown prince can fully focus on his YouTube channel, his craft beer company, his clothing company, his singing activities, his marketing activities for an Australian wine company and telecommunications company.

Wow…that about summed it up perfectly!

Go Lando and McLaren.
Old 26 August 2022, 10:38 PM   #4166
GeoffEff
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Well said!!

Explorer 39mm 214270 --- Sub 41mm 124060 —-
GeoffEff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 10:57 PM   #4167
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
Eddy Jordan reckons RIC is treading very, very thin ice, with McClaren.

July '22

Mr Jordan knows.
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 11:18 PM   #4168
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
What???? Where's his shoe sponsorship? Nike releases new models Every... Single... Day.

If I was a driver today, I'd treat F1 as a side gig like Ye, Sean Combs, etc do with music. Music / F1 is just a thing to keep your name and face out there, the real 'game' is in your fashion products, collabs, social beliefs, etc.

So who is being 'clowned'?

You can't spell Clowned without Owned. In 2022 F1 may be just a stepping stone to your 'real' activities. Pretty please don't blame the messenger.

Old 27 August 2022, 12:50 AM   #4169
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

RIC has been on 4 different F1 teams and this is the only car he hasn’t been able to come to grips with. I don’t think he forgot to drive since March of last year and hope he gets another shot in a decent car. Just a reminder that Ricciardo is the ONLY McLaren driver in the past decade that’s won a race for that team. Every single driver has outside interests, that's not why he didn't deliver consistently for Mac.
Old 27 August 2022, 02:01 AM   #4170
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Quote:
RIC has been on 4 different F1 teams and this is the only car he hasn’t been able to come to grips with. I don’t think he forgot to drive since March of last year and hope he gets another shot in a decent car. Just a reminder that Ricciardo is the ONLY McLaren driver in the past decade that’s won a race for that team. Every single driver has outside interests, that's not why he didn't deliver consistently for Mac.
Seriously? When Zac Brown thinks your not committed then guilty as charged. No one is saying he didn’t used to be talented. There are $24 million reasons this is true.

To tout that one win with the team over all the accomplishments and bad breaks Lando has endured costing him more then one win is enormously skewed.