The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 May 2022, 08:09 AM   #1
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Emma Raducanu

Hi All

Hope your ok, i tried to find a tennis thread but couldn’t not. Gave up after going to page 5.
Is it me or Emma Raducanu really a one hit wonder and very overrated. She seems to be always injured or changing her manager. Why does she not recover and stick to her original one who helped her win in the first place?
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 03:00 PM   #2
jonscl
"TRF" Member

She's a solid player who happened to be playing out of her mind during the Open. I don't think she dropped a set, right?

It was bad timing for Fernandez who was also playing incredibly well but unfortunately ran in to Raducanu.
jonscl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 04:55 PM   #3
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
12th in the world, reigning US Open champ, 19 years old. I think she’s doing well.

One of the things I like about sport is how unambiguous the quality is, because results speak for themselves. She seems very RAD-ucanu, in my opinion. I’ll see myself out…
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 08:35 AM   #4
Madman37
"TRF" Member

told you she was a one hit wonder. She won’t win anything again.
Old 30 June 2022, 11:44 AM   #5
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Interesting. Very very interesting.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 12:31 PM   #6
330ci
"TRF" Member

I wish her the best, just because she's dropped a bit in the rankings doesn't mean she isn't or won't be a contender again. I think her only being 19 gives her alot of time to mature into being the best. She's obviously plenty capable, just needs to be a little more consistent.

This is a rather peculiar thread though. I'm pretty sure its just you ��
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 02:10 PM   #7
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Having played D1 college tennis years and years ago, I hope I'm qualified to answer.

She's 19. She only made her tour debut ~1 year ago, yet she already has a grand slam title. I believe she holds the record for fewest majors played to a grand slam title. Shows she can produce in the moment.

She went from a virtual zero to a global tennis sensation. With that comes press, sponsorships, commercials, invitations, spotlights, etc. She is likely still settling into her late teens, let alone stardom.

She has a complete game, and my guess is that it will continue to develop. She has a long career ahead of her.

Edit: other thing I would add is that tennis is a unique animal. You cannot 'hide' or 'fake it' like you can in many position-based team sports. In every single match you're the star actor, not background. No DL list, while the game continues. Give her time. I can only think of a few players (men or women) that had her level of success with only 1 year on tour.

Last edited by espanol; 30 June 2022 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: Added comments
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 03:54 PM   #8
Madman37
"TRF" Member

You all probably know ten times more about tennis then me so probably right and will say i told you so when she wins something again.

I think the fame has got to her (i mean she would rather user her fame then play tennis). Apparently she can’t decide on a coach. She is injured all the time so somethings wrong there i do wonder how come she gets injured when she can’t seem to win or is about to lose a match.

i think Coco Gauff is way better then her.
Old 30 June 2022, 03:56 PM   #9
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
I wish her the best, just because she's dropped a bit in the rankings doesn't mean she isn't or won't be a contender again. I think her only being 19 gives her alot of time to mature into being the best. She's obviously plenty capable, just needs to be a little more consistent.

This is a rather peculiar thread though. I'm pretty sure its just you ��
i thought it’s better than the happening threads. Plus a watch i bought grey is probably going to go down to lower then i bought so pissed of so would rather not talk about watches ha ha
Old 30 June 2022, 04:44 PM   #10
iLovetheAirking
"TRF" Member

One thing I find strange is that after winning the US Open, she changed her coach and I'm not sure if she's done it yet again since that moment. I can understand her logic but at the same time sometimes you shouldn't mess with a winning formula. We'll see within the next two years but it wouldn't surprise me if she was just very average. She's already made a fortune though anyway.
iLovetheAirking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 05:43 PM   #11
slimboy1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two Tone Daytona
At 19 years old I think she’s doing really well and coping very well after being catapulted into the lime light and having every part of her life scrutinised by people like us who couldn’t even begging to contemplate the pressure she’s under so I’d be inclined to cut her a little slack she’s just a young girl starting her career, if there is one thing that I would say is I can guarantee that her wait time for a watch will be significantly less than mine :-)))
slimboy1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 07:03 PM   #12
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimboy1974 View Post
At 19 years old I think she’s doing really well and coping very well after being catapulted into the lime light and having every part of her life scrutinised by people like us who couldn’t even begging to contemplate the pressure she’s under so I’d be inclined to cut her a little slack she’s just a young girl starting her career, if there is one thing that I would say is I can guarantee that her wait time for a watch will be significantly less than mine :-)))
no famous person can complain about the limelight thing. The rewards
are big for the headache that needs to be taken. That’s why when soccer players get congratulated for spending time with fans and signing stuff it annoys me as they would be nothing without the fans.
Old 30 June 2022, 08:53 PM   #13
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Womens tennis is wide open right now and IMHO it’s sort of blah.

Serena dominated for so long, and then there were a few others. Before that is was Graf, and before her Navratilova.

We will have to wait a generation or two for someone to come along and rewrite history.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 09:46 PM   #14
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Emma Raducanu

To the OP’s opening point, Raducanu has struggled since her fast track to winning the U.S Open.

She is the first British woman in decades to win any Grand Slam singles title. That was a likely a “fault line” fluke where other competitors fell away more so than at other tourney’s.

Only saying that since she doesn’t seem to have the strength, conditioning, stability, and power to sustain a full-season of training + competition. And by stability, I mean mind, body & soul.

That is where the Williams sisters excelled in their early years to dominate the podium. Now, we seem to have parity in talented players without a clearly dominant WTA leader at Grand Slam level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 10:19 PM   #15
alllexandru
2024 Pledge Member

She's 19....cmon, give her a break let her breathe

I do agree that she needs to find her way and a good coach
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 06:14 AM   #16
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
To the OP’s opening point, Raducanu has struggled since her fast track to winning the U.S Open.

She is the first British woman in decades to win any Grand Slam singles title. That was a likely a “fault line” fluke where other competitors fell away more so than at other tourney’s.

Only saying that since she doesn’t seem to have the strength, conditioning, stability, and power to sustain a full-season of training + competition. And by stability, I mean mind, body & soul.

That is where the Williams sisters excelled in their early years to dominate the podium. Now, we seem to have parity in talented players without a clearly dominant WTA leader at Grand Slam level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Paul. Interesting and sensible take. I am hoping Swiatek establishes herself as the dominant grand slam leader though!
Old 11 August 2022, 05:27 AM   #17
Madman37
"TRF" Member

told you, you will see i am not chatting rubbish
Old 11 August 2022, 05:57 AM   #18
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
why do you think she vexes you so much?

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 06:25 AM   #19
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I read somewhere that she will probably be Britains first billionaire sports person because of the simple fact she speaks Mandarin and the Chinese love her. Just imagine all the advertisement opportunities she has over there.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...lar-sport-star

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 06:30 AM   #20
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
For a 19 yr old the mental game is always tough and being honed constantly. She’ll be fine and have a long career. Better than any of us anyway.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 07:56 AM   #21
Letsgodiving
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 16600
Quote:
This thread says a lot more about you than it does about her.
Old 11 August 2022, 08:27 AM   #22
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgodiving View Post
This thread says a lot more about you than it does about her.
Ha ha. I agree with the comments about her being loaded with advertising that is what she should definitely pursue. The reason i have a big interest in this is i have a bet at the bookies on that she will never win another major until
she retires. I ll be loaded if i win ha ha.
Old 11 August 2022, 10:56 AM   #23
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

At the risk of offending women, very few of them seem to be able to consistently manage the physical, mental and emotional aspects of playing at the very top level. Other than Serena (and Martina before her) there simply hasn't been a female player that you could absolutely count on being in the quarters, semi's and final of major tournaments, year after year. It really shows how brilliant Serena's career has been.

I had high hopes for Osaka, but she does a great job of making my point.

If we're being honest here, when I watch women's tennis I usually root for the pretty one!
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 11:15 AM   #24
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore66 View Post
At the risk of offending women, very few of them seem to be able to consistently manage the physical, mental and emotional aspects of playing at the very top level. Other than Serena (and Martina before her) there simply hasn't been a female player that you could absolutely count on being in the quarters, semi's and final of major tournaments, year after year. It really shows how brilliant Serena's career has been.

If we're being honest here, when I watch women's tennis I usually root for the pretty one!

I have first dibs on this guy’s Rolexeseses after the beating and he’s in the ICU
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 11:27 AM   #25
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Henin was consistent in the early-mid 2000s and won seven majors. She retired early but had many Federer-like qualities. Before her, without going back too far, obviously Steffi and Monica… Hingis too if you meant Navratilova. That said, I think the uncertainty makes it more interesting.
Old 11 August 2022, 06:09 PM   #26
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
If she retires now at age 19 and after winning the US open and getting to the forth round of Wimbledon aged 18, she has done better at that age than any British and most world female tennis players on the planet. Good for her, most tennis players retire without ever winning a Grand Slam.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 08:58 PM   #27
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi All

Hope your ok, i tried to find a tennis thread but couldn’t not. Gave up after going to page 5.
Is it me or Emma Raducanu really a one hit wonder and very overrated. She seems to be always injured or changing her manager. Why does she not recover and stick to her original one who helped her win in the first place?
How old are you?...and, er....how many Grand Slams have you won?

Just asking'.

Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2022, 09:35 PM   #28
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Bookie was happy to take your money you’ll have to wait 25 years to get paid lol inflations a b***
Old 11 August 2022, 10:47 PM   #29
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
How old are you?...and, er....how many Grand Slams have you won?

Just asking'.

ha ha i am the worst tennis player on earth she could beat me at tennis with just her feet.
Old 11 August 2022, 10:58 PM   #30
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:

I only watch the men’s tennis from time to time. Sounds like you should do the same if you don’t like the level of performance or consistency the women bring.
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote