The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 8 June 2017, 02:07 AM   #1
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Can't post pics all of the sudden..help requested.

Since the server upgrade a couple of days ago, all of the sudden I cannot take a photo with my iPhone and upload it. When I try to, I am told that the picture is too big and needs to be made smaller. It says it should be 1000 X 1000, and that mine is 2500 X 1700 or something like that. There is no way I can crop it small enough for it to Upload. This has only been an issue now for the last day or two. I have made no changes to the settings of my iPhone. I'm not sure why all the sudden my pictures are too big when they never have been in the past. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas about why this may be going on and what I can do about it? Otherwise I guess I just can't post pictures anymore. And thats certainly no fun.
Old 8 June 2017, 02:18 AM   #2
MonBK
Banned

Wasn't the answers you got in your other thread good enough?
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 02:24 AM   #3
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

I did not see any answers in another thread. In fact, when I looked back A few minutes later, the thread was gone. I assumed it got deleted for being in the wrong place or something.

Well, I'll take that back. I did see one answer. It simply said "resize your pictures". That was not helpful at all as I do not know how to do that on an iPhone. That is why I'm asking for help.
Old 8 June 2017, 02:25 AM   #4
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsurgBM View Post
I did not see any answers in another thread. In fact, when I looked back A few minutes later, the thread was gone. I assumed it got deleted for being in the wrong place or something.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=542325
Old 8 June 2017, 02:30 AM   #5
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

It's been set this way for as long as I can remember.

Attachment limits:

test.jpg

External image links can be any size.
Old 8 June 2017, 02:33 AM   #6
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Thanks. All I know is that I've always been able to take a picture with my iPhone, And upload it directly with no problem. Since the day before yesterday, all of a sudden that doesn't work. Guess I may have to look into the app.
Old 8 June 2017, 02:40 AM   #7
MonBK
Banned

You're welcome.
Old 8 June 2017, 08:57 AM   #8
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Same here. My iphone and ipad would always resize pics automatically to fit, but now I get a message that I need to do it myself. Not sure if my desktop Mac will be the same, I'll try when I open my office.

Edit. Same thing happens on my Mac.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 10:06 AM   #9
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

I have to assume now that we have switched servers, the original format of picture size parameters are now being enforced automatically by the software, as It use to be.
Not sure this is a Mac operating system only issue..

Some pictures posted lately, have been obscenely large. So large, even on a 21" monitor, you had to scroll across the screen to see the whole pic.

Using the tapatalk app should resize automatically I thought?

We will ultimately have to refer to Steve on this one..

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 12:26 PM   #10
Lol-x
Facilitator

Nothing has changed, the software from the previous server has been copied character for character, code symbol for code symbol from one server to another.

There has been absolutely no change whatsoever in software or software settings as they previously existed on the old server, except that the forum software now runs on a later version of the Linux Operating System.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 01:16 PM   #11
OmegaBear
"TRF" Member

Watch: sm300, op39 gray
same here for me.
didn't make any changes to my devices (samsung android mobile, thinkpad tablet) and can't post any pics since your server migration.

EDIT: so, basically, i need to download something like tapatalk now or no dice? the pics won't autocrop as they always did before? that's the difference-before, your site would autocrop to specificed limit. now, since few days ago, it won't. i understand that the migration was made line for line but, obviously, something was lost in transfer...
OmegaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2017, 02:53 PM   #12
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Yup. My pics when uploaded through the forum from my iPhone they to big now.
Old 8 June 2017, 05:29 PM   #13
Lol-x
Facilitator

Previously photos that were oversized were not resized by the forum, they were resized by your browser.
However, previously the 1000 pixel width limit was not enforced by the forum software possibly due to the version of Linux but that function was broken.
The forum software is now working properly and it is now enforcing the size limit (which has been increased to 1250 pixels in width for photographs).

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

Old 8 June 2017, 05:52 PM   #14
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Anyone would think it was rocket science to resize a picture file,, hundreds on tutorials on the net for all of today's gadgets.Some posted pictures of huge sizes that you would need a 60 inch monitor to view, its about time the forum rules were enforced.These picture size rules have been in force for the past 5 years plus and now hopefully they will be obeyed.As it makes the forum more picture viewing friendly instead of making it hard to view.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2017, 10:16 AM   #15
Lol-x
Facilitator

I agree with Peter, huge photos do make it problematic for viewing pleasure especially when one has to then physically scroll from left to right to read the text that accompanies the huge photo.

At the same time, over the years cameras have increased the physical size of photos and its just unnecessary to get a quality to display. The forum resources are not unlimited and posting multiple megabyte photos is just not viable.

Resizing photos is a snap, there are so many apps/programs that can do it these days its a no-brainer Just do that and upload and you are good to go.