The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 17 December 2013, 05:15 AM   #1
Preeble
"TRF" Member

No Talk About 532 Here...

There has been a bunch of talk about the 532 in other forums, but not much here since it was first announced several months ago. It looks like they are starting to hit the boutiques now. Retail price in the US is $12,600.

What do folks think about it the watch? I have read mixed feedback about it, but I personally like the watch a lot. Just about the only critical feedback I have read that I agree with is that the price is a bit high...

I really like the black coating on the watch and I also like the PIG on the dial...

I called and asked to be put on a list in a few boutiques... I hope I get the call!
Preeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 07:09 AM   #2
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
I like it a lot

Steel caseback!
Crown
Rad w lugs
500 pieces
47mm
Slate/DLC
PIG

Price
47mm
Slate/DLC
Pig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (133.6 KB, 484 views)
Old 17 December 2013, 07:27 AM   #3
subtona
"TRF" Member

+
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (119.2 KB, 484 views)
Old 17 December 2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Ecru lume, "Panerai forever" and the price bum me out, but I like pretty much everything else about it.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2013, 01:46 PM   #5
nishant
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC NS Chrono GMT
I like everything about it except that 1) I would never get a call 2) I wont pay a cent more than its MSRP and 3) Risti Forever or Risti Whatever .. Prices will be jacked up in no time.

And soon enough, the OP's Favs will start kicking off threads showcasing how they are Panerai's Favorite Sons.

BTW, grapes are not sour .. I just felt like letting my creative writing flow ;)
nishant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Dcmk

OP favorite sons already busy showing off their 532 from Santa just in time for Xmas they gloat!

I on the other hand ain't no favorites of the Singapore Boutique so have been snubbed, told off and put in my place nice and good by them.

Will not pay one cent above retail price for this for me as well! How arrogant the boutique people are treating people differently on how important they think they are - pure discrimination.
Dcmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2013, 06:33 PM   #7
Cru Jones

just an observation and not meant as a critique, but, flipping has already begun with offered pricing close to $24k!

if one buys it at that price, one better be looking to keep it "forever".
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2013, 06:42 PM   #8
Dcmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
just an observation and not meant as a critique, but, flipping has already begun with offered pricing close to $24k!

if one buys it at that price, one better be looking to keep it "forever".
This is a true blue panerai disease - the only way to stop these ruthless people favorite sons who gets all the SE to resell at profits is to ignore them do not entertain them or encourage them -

See what happened with the 448 and 449 - the price was almost double when first released but with Luke warm response and smaller demand at retail from boutique the grey market price tumbled all the way own so close to retail price might as well be retail price!
Old 27 December 2013, 11:38 PM   #9
subtona
"TRF" Member

Seems this watch has been disowned by at least some at paneristi.com....they claim little to do with its design & zero to do with the inscription....others say it was a fair tribute to the founder.

Myself...no idea, inscription seems a bit cheesy
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 02:08 AM   #10
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
The "FOREVER" inscription is a bit too much for me.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 02:53 AM   #11
arizonaboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 233 & DJII
Don't care much for it...especially for the price.
arizonaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 03:09 AM   #12
mario belgium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,2xHeuer
I think the paneristi forever inscription is a little childish and the price is too much
mario belgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 03:53 AM   #13
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

X2...I own my watches, they dont own me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
the "forever" inscription is a bit too much for me.
Old 28 December 2013, 05:05 AM   #14
jwpatt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcmk View Post
OP favorite sons already busy showing off their 532 from Santa just in time for Xmas they gloat!

I on the other hand ain't no favorites of the Singapore Boutique so have been snubbed, told off and put in my place nice and good by them.

Will not pay one cent above retail price for this for me as well! How arrogant the boutique people are treating people differently on how important they think they are - pure discrimination.
I have to agree with this. There is something very wrong about the fact that Panerai keeps putting out LE's/SE's that only a select few can ever hope to have a shot at obtaining. The entire notion of not being allowed to purchase a $12k luxury item unless you are deemed worthy enough by the boutique/AD is simply offensive to me. It has definitely turned me off to the brand.
jwpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 06:43 AM   #15
oldbronco

Watch: Ranger
too big, too expensive, and the back is too ostentatious.
oldbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 08:40 AM   #16
KBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
X2...I own my watches, they dont own me.
Nicely said, and I would add the same for the respective watch brands.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 08:47 AM   #17
jvo300
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwpatt View Post
I have to agree with this. There is something very wrong about the fact that Panerai keeps putting out LE's/SE's that only a select few can ever hope to have a shot at obtaining. The entire notion of not being allowed to purchase a $12k luxury item unless you are deemed worthy enough by the boutique/AD is simply offensive to me. It has definitely turned me off to the brand.
Agree. I feel like I'm begging them to buy an overpriced trinket. No thanks.
jvo300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 03:17 PM   #18
PatekCollector
"TRF" Member

I love everything in this cool watch EXCEPT what they've written at the case back!

Instagram: @PatekCollector
PatekCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2013, 05:29 PM   #19
Dcmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalidSS View Post
I love everything in this cool watch EXCEPT what they've written at the case back!
Silly and childish - its like they made this watch for a 10 year old - friends forever ..batman forever.. Whatever ..
Old 29 December 2013, 12:51 PM   #20
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
proud of myself.

I didn't buy into hype and force myself to like it, since being offered it at retail.

So done with panerai, haven't touched any of mine in over 6 months... Hate their principles now a days and how they treat their customers
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 01:08 PM   #21
subtona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
proud of myself.

I didn't buy into hype and force myself to like it, since being offered it at retail.

So done with panerai, haven't touched any of mine in over 6 months... Hate their principles now a days and how they treat their customers
I really believe they have a unique product, it would be a shame for them to continue to alienate their fans.... Maybe time for new upper management to sort out the direction they want to go.... Or better yet break away from the parent company.... I can dream
subtona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 01:26 PM   #22
Dcmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
I really believe they have a unique product, it would be a shame for them to continue to alienate their fans.... Maybe time for new upper management to sort out the direction they want to go.... Or better yet break away from the parent company.... I can dream
I really hope so I still love the brand and unique watches they have but I cannot accept they way I am treated by the OP boutique here in Singapore. They used to have a very good GM -Antonius who has since left and with his departure the service level has worsen considerably to a level of disrespect and rudeness towards customers they think they can snub bully and ignore. Very disheartening. I'm at the point of deciding if I should sell off my Pams and not waste time and hard earned money with this brand anymore as its such a put off for me.i feel more at peace with other brands like AP and Rolex and for AP I just purchased 1 piece recently from the boutique in Singapore and the level of service is amazing. I even got invited for their thank you to clients get together dinner and preview of new novelties etc Unlike OP I just get snubbed by their rudeness cannot take it no more.
Old 29 December 2013, 01:39 PM   #23
Preeble
"TRF" Member

Interesting comments here - mostly negative about the process, but not necessarily the watch. If this were a standard run watch without the engraving, it would easily cost south of $10k and I think for that price, it is a cool watch. As it is, I was 'lucky' to be offered one by a boutique and I did buy one.

While I do think that these will be hard to get in the short term, I suspect that in 6-12 months from now, they will be readily available on the used market for normal prices, possibly because a similar could be launched in 2014.
Preeble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 03:09 PM   #24
zlin08033
"TRF" Member

There is one listed on TZ now for $17K, hahaha, if you are interested.
zlin08033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 03:13 PM   #25
KellyM3
Banned

I think it's a cool watch
KellyM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 03:54 PM   #26
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
I know the president of NA personally, and many within the company... And they still put me through the hoops and bullshhh ...

Just no time for it, it takes away the fun and love... Not to mention my service experiences, etc..

Oh well , once you get DEEP into Panerai it becomes apparent their true intentions... CASH COW
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 04:00 PM   #27
Jay Tee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520/PAM/PO2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcmk View Post

Sorry to hear about the bad experience at OP in Singapore. I was in the Tokyo AD in Ginza last month looking for the 512 and they treated me really well, even though they did not have it in stock yet. I really like the look of the 532, but I agree that this 'risti forever thing is bordering on teen pop idol worship. Too many special editions makes them not so special anymore, especially with the price markup.

116520 - 16570 - 16610LV - 16710pepsi - 116234
Jay Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2013, 07:07 PM   #28
unknown
"TRF" Member

+

* it is a nice watch
* with only 500 is is really limited
* I like the 1940 case, had all the rest
* the inscription on the back doesn't bother me (it's on the back !!!)

-

* price is high for a simple watch
* second hand will be much more expensive
* probably very difficult to get
* always frustration because a lot will never get one and flippers will get en sell them with a huge premium
Old 30 December 2013, 03:07 AM   #29
Survivor
Banned

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preeble View Post
If this were a standard run watch without the engraving, it would easily cost south of $10k and I think for that price, it is a cool watch.
Exactly!!!!
Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2013, 09:06 AM   #30
Dcmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
Exactly!!!!
Panerai to me has lost it's heart and soul - it's just another cash cow under Richemont - objectivevis to make as much money as they can, take care of VIPs only, no integrity and churning out as many limited editions after editions and remakes after remakes - just so meaningless!