The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 25 July 2017, 02:30 PM   #1
Roselló
"TRF" Member

Watch: * { SD & DJ } *
Seiko orange monster???

Hello everyone!!! I have a question. Why the Seiko orange monster heve a high value now? I saw it on line for more than a $1000. I did not know this. 😳 Thanks.
Old 25 July 2017, 02:54 PM   #2
meganfox17
Banned

Malaysia Seiko Orange Monster

> Brand new SRP311J USD 31x

>Brand new SKX 781 K3 USD 22x

>Preowned condition 9.5/10
purchased Mac 2017 SRP309J USD 20x
I just snapped that photo USD 200
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 12:41 AM   #3
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
I think that the first generation OM is no longer made, thus inflating the price. The one pictured above is a later gen and still made. If I am wrong, I am sure that those with greater Seiko knowledge will correct me.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 01:01 AM   #4
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
I think they make a bunch of variants of this one as stated above. I know I bought new years ago for about $200 and used it as a beater. Such a fantastic watch and value. Crazy lume and very durable.
Old 15 August 2017, 03:36 AM   #5
Tbonewalk
"TRF" Member

I have just discovered these and got on board with them and spent some time reading, reviewing and researching. Mine came in on Saturday, 8/12. Here's the thing, I think-

They are no longer made. There are many variations, not all are Orange, and they have different movements for each generation. 7s26, 4r36, and 6r15. The 7s26 does not hand wind and does not hack.

Som people ask high prices, but these are readily available on ebay. Especially the first generation. $400 roughly. The next one, the 309 w 4r36 come in higher, and I'd say not as readily available, but again $400 or so. Mine was $325, but changed bracelet and a few scratches. I think I did great, because w the bracelet it is heavy and I put a rubber strap on it. It came with my first generation, the SKX781 w 7s26. I am very inactive and it died off the wrist within just a few hours.

The next generation, with the 6r15 movement, from what I see are not readily available and people seem to ask about $1000. I've had the 6r15 in other watches and it seems great to me, very accurate, good reserve.

There are some weird color combinations available for $200, $300 and I think they are a great value. The Orange ones seem to command the most interest, but there are also some limited editions that are kind of rare.

I feel these are great watches, great value and to think these were roughly about $200 I guess, when introduced just seems like a steal to me.

There is a ton of info on them if you care to spend the time and have the interest to investigate. This is good-
https://www.60clicks.com/ultimate-se...lectors-guide/

and this guy has loads of videos about the Monster line...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTXMxdEu_R0

his name is Random Rob, check out his videos, they are very interesting for those curious about the Seiko Monsters...

I have been quite delighted with mine, though the first generation didn't work for me. I found it handsome and impressive in quality though the movement disappointed. The SRP309 has been running nicely, 3 seconds off over these first 2 days, and very good looking...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Orange Monster 309.jpg (64.2 KB, 97 views)
Tbonewalk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2017, 06:47 AM   #6
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Love these.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2017, 08:15 AM   #7
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
Love these.
So do I. They're so much fun in any variation. Easy to change the straps out too.