The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 15 January 2017, 06:18 AM   #1
Juantxo
Banned

Thank you again, Jim...

Shoot me but I admit to being a Francophile. It's my heritage, my DNA, and I've lived long enough in France to love the country and the culture. So how could I not own a Waterman Le Man 100...? In my view, the Le Man 100 (Man 100 in the US) is the quintessential French pen, although we well know the origins of the brand. Maybe the history of Waterman makes me appreciate it more, even if today it has fallen in the voracious claws of globalization.

In any case, my friend Jim, our friend Jim, was kind enough to offer me a pristine sample of the pen I had been after for some time. And I'm a happy camper. The elegance of the pen is immediately apparent. It is as if Coco Chanel had just handed it to me, even though the Le Man was launched in 1983, one hundred years after the company's foundation. The lines are classic, sober, rotund. The heft of the pen is imposing. The cap snaps in place like the heels of a cadet at the École Spéciale Militaire de Saint-Cyr.

The nib is a work of art from Ideal. Two tone, subdued, classy. I won't ink it yet as I want to keep the original converter and cartridges in the box, but I've passed the nib on some Clairefontaine paper and it feels smooth as the best of Yves' silk.

Please excuse the poor pictures but I just received the pen and don't want to waste any time before sharing the good news with y'all. Jim, thank you again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1140008.jpg (61.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg P1140003.JPG (146.2 KB, 39 views)
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 06:44 AM   #2
Juantxo
Banned

I wanted to use this pen right away so in went one of the provided cartridges and the results are stellar. This a serious pen. You'd imagine signing a peace treaty between two super-powers with this pen. And I wouldn't pass it on to the other guy to sign. He can use his own pen; whatever it'll be it won't be better than mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg watermanscript.jpeg (63.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 15 January 2017, 07:32 AM   #3
Bisquitlips
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: YM Deep Space
Hey Juanalito! Sweet Waterman!

And love that nib! Congratulations my friend! Use it in the best of health!

And kudos to Gentleman Jim! One of the best people I have met on any forum anywhere. A privilege to "know" him to the extent I do. Hope to get more acquainted as time goes on.
Oris TT1 Pro Diver Regulator 43MM
Bisquitlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 07:34 AM   #4
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
Hey Juanalito! Sweet Waterman!

And love that nib! Congratulations my friend! Use it in the best of health!

And kudos to Gentleman Jim! One of the best people I have met on any forum anywhere. A privilege to "know" him to the extent I do. Hope to get more acquainted as time goes on.
Thank you, Richard. I truly appreciate your kind words.
Old 15 January 2017, 08:21 AM   #5
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Glad you like it and that it lived up to expectations. I fear those cartridges may be about the same age as the pen so adding a few drops of water likely wouldn't hurt.
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2017, 08:37 AM   #6
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar View Post
Glad you like it and that it lived up to expectations. I fear those cartridges may be about the same age as the pen so adding a few drops of water likely wouldn't hurt.
They are fine, thank you. They are perfectly full and the pen is writing just fine. The red Platinum #3776 has been cleaned and put away in order to leave a space open for the Le Man 100.