The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 February 2021, 05:27 AM   #6991
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Lol. Misery does love company! Here’s to a better tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers to a better tomorrow.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 06:29 AM   #6992
AshCashEmAll
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060
Wow that wasn’t a fun day.

AshCashEmAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 06:46 AM   #6993
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
I took some decent profits last week and more Monday.

Energy and financials have reached some resistance areas so good time to take some.

It’s a nice pullback here, but I’m hoping for more before buying back in. I am tempted to nibble here, but I don’t necessarily think we bounce back tomorrow and keep going. We’ll see what tomorrow brings...

JWD531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 08:35 AM   #6994
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Starting to feel pretty ominous. Any of our more experienced fellas care to opine on their thoughts on market direction from here?

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 08:53 AM   #6995
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Don't think there would be many that had a positive day today, let's hope for a better tomorrow!
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 10:50 AM   #6996
JWD531
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanO View Post
Starting to feel pretty ominous. Any of our more experienced fellas care to opine on their thoughts on market direction from here?

My guess is flat to a little negative tomorrow as people wait until next week to let this digest. The fact that yesterday’s strong move was all erased in one day is a sign that we are likely in for some more downward pressure.

JWD531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 10:55 AM   #6997
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD531 View Post
My guess is flat to a little negative tomorrow as people wait until next week to let this digest. The fact that yesterday’s strong move was all erased in one day is a sign that we are likely in for some more downward pressure.

the weekly 25 and 30 ema has been the inflection point. that is what to watch on the qqq or spy. if it is bull it bounces. bear it breaks and does not retake.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 09:49 PM   #6998
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
the weekly 25 and 30 ema has been the inflection point. that is what to watch on the qqq or spy. if it is bull it bounces. bear it breaks and does not retake.
I have been absent from the thread after it turned into Reddit.

Your technicals are spot on and I would also suggest that people pay more attention to the bond markets. That is the real story at the moment.

Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2021, 10:52 PM   #6999
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Agree with this statement...haven't been posting as much either.

Still fully invested and futures looks like a bounce is in play, but we all know how quickly that can change. No plans to exit, and will ride the wave.
Old 26 February 2021, 10:55 PM   #7000
strettyend
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post

Still fully invested and futures looks like a bounce is in play, but we all know how quickly that can change. No plans to exit, and will ride the wave.

Sad to hear that as I really appreciated your commentary. Hope to see you posting here a bit more
AP ROC 26315or; AP RO 15450st; Vacheron Fiftysix; Day Date RG 228235 Olive; Daytona YG 116528; Daytona YG Oysterflex 116518; Cartier Santos de Cartier Rose Gold; Panerai PAM 0048; IWC Portofino Chrono; Girard-Perregaux Richeville
strettyend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 12:04 AM   #7001
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Your technicals are spot on and I would also suggest that people pay more attention to the bond markets. That is the real story at the moment.

Your insight was why I started following this thread, and your absence has been noticed. It was refreshing to hear a conservative voice of reason amongst all the speculation. Thank you.

I agree with jp too, haven’t been posting or even really following much such this became an options speculation thread.

There’s room for both, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not much for get rich quick schemes and prefer discussions on investing vs/in addition to trading.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 12:11 AM   #7002
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
Your insight was why I started following this thread, and your absence has been noticed. It was refreshing to hear a conservative voice of reason amongst all the speculation. Thank you.

I agree with jp too, haven’t been posting or even really following much such this became an options speculation thread.

There’s room for both, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not much for get rich quick schemes and prefer discussions on investing vs/in addition to trading.

Thank you.

I have opinions on the speculation that seems to have taken over this thread and the markets in general. I keep them to myself hence the reason I have nothing to post.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 27 February 2021, 12:18 AM   #7003
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Agree, I have found the discussions in this thread to be extremely useful.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 12:34 AM   #7004
MechMovement
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you.

I have opinions on the speculation that seems to have taken over this thread and the markets in general. I keep them to myself hence the reason I have nothing to post.
Echo posts above, you have been a contributor to this thread that i have followed and resonated with.

Nickel for your thoughts? ;)
MechMovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 12:40 AM   #7005
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechMovement View Post
Echo posts above, you have been a contributor to this thread that i have followed and resonated with.

Nickel for your thoughts? ;)
On the last Friday of the month, the bond markets are controlling the story.

I would stick to discipline and not do anything rashly. I am waiting for some reentry points as I was selling Monday.

Good luck.
Old 27 February 2021, 02:31 AM   #7006
hbg1
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116900
Quote:

Agreeing with the above. I don't have much to add to the thread but I always learned from your posts (and jpeezy's as well). Quiet reader, I've made a few good choices from what I have learned here and I value the thoughtful posts.

The thread definitely got noisy, I hope you guys can keep adding as you see fit.
hbg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 02:39 AM   #7007
JParm

Good bounce off of the 3800 level; want to see this continue today / into next week.

If it does, still a great buying opportunity in growth stocks, as some are >15% off ATHs. Take a look at MELI as an example.
Old 27 February 2021, 02:53 AM   #7008
bimmer nerd
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post

I will speak personally for myself here, but as others have stated I’ve always appreciated all of your inputs along with Sins, logo and other members.

I’m relatively young in the investing sense (28) and still have a lot to learn, so any input from the more experienced traders are always welcome and refreshing as I’m learning a great deal from this community.

Hope you guys still continue to contribute as time goes on
bimmer nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 03:10 AM   #7009
jumpmaster 175
"TRF" Member

Got a fairly significant (for me) 401K to rollover. I am almost 100% in low-cost mutual funds. The only single stock I have bought has been Amazon (because I was following W Buffett mantra of buying a company you believe in) and I have done extremely well. I am now debating on buying Vanguard Total Stock Market with the roll over (because this mutual funds owns the most shares of Amazon of any mutual fund), but I am torn and the risky side of me wants to buy all Amazon stock!!

Sorry if this is too pedestrian for the TRF stock gods!!
jumpmaster 175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 05:24 AM   #7010
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpmaster 175 View Post
Got a fairly significant (for me) 401K to rollover. I am almost 100% in low-cost mutual funds. The only single stock I have bought has been Amazon (because I was following W Buffett mantra of buying a company you believe in) and I have done extremely well. I am now debating on buying Vanguard Total Stock Market with the roll over (because this mutual funds owns the most shares of Amazon of any mutual fund), but I am torn and the risky side of me wants to buy all Amazon stock!!

Sorry if this is too pedestrian for the TRF stock gods!!
AMZN had quite the jump after the bottom last year, and has been trading sideways for more than half a year. Long term, I think amzn is a good play, I just wonder how much is already baked into the share price. I keep toying with the idea of adding more, but I see BABA (if you can stomach Chinese stocks) as a much greater value where it's at. China's economy is up and coming and may overtake ours, and I'd prefer to be in their "AMZN" in its growth phase. It's risky for sure, but any solitary equity security is. I prefer at my younger age to gamble with high growth potential balanced with solid companies at a fair price. YMMV.

As JP said above, I agree with e commerce as the future and worth the risk.

MELI is south america's "Amazon"
SE - singapore/eastern asia
BABA - China

SE is 20% off it's high as well.

Just some thoughts...to sum, AMZN has gone up so much already, it makes me wonder in today's climate (and considering the sideways trading already) how much growth it'll have the next few years.

I can see BABA trading around $600 in 3 years...but do I see AMZN at $6,000?

And for good measure...FSLY is approaching attractive levels to me.

I've added to BABA, PLTR, AAPL at varying points this week.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 09:16 AM   #7011
Daryl

All red for me this week! Let’s rest and we will ride again at dawn on Monday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 10:42 AM   #7012
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
All red for me this week! Let’s rest and we will ride again at dawn on Monday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m with you. Let’s lick our wounds and get after it next week!

austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 12:22 PM   #7013
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
I’m with you. Let’s lick our wounds and get after it next week!

Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 08:46 PM   #7014
7sins
"TRF" Member

If you guys have such an issue with this thread becoming an "options speculations" thread, I'm more than happy to refrain from posting here. My intent was to educate, provide respective rationale and enable those to make informed decisions or at the very least research an interesting underlying security. Including those posts we discussed on closed end funds, muni market etc. Ultimately, the majority of these trades were incredibly profitable.

My posts here are very time consuming to write, especially the how to writeups, as they are more than just "the market is up and I think stocks are expensive" posts. Alas, it appears they are frowned upon here, I can justify time elsewhere and or perhaps start a separate thread: Talking options, markets and global economics 1.0, where all opinions are welcomed and I can keep writing guides for those who want to learn and appreciate them.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2021, 09:59 PM   #7015
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
If you guys have such an issue with this thread becoming an "options speculations" thread, I'm more than happy to refrain from posting here. My intent was to educate, provide respective rationale and enable those to make informed decisions or at the very least research an interesting underlying security. Including those posts we discussed on closed end funds, muni market etc. Ultimately, the majority of these trades were incredibly profitable.

My posts here are very time consuming to write, especially the how to writeups, as they are more than just "the market is up and I think stocks are expensive" posts. Alas, it appears they are frowned upon here, I can justify time elsewhere and or perhaps start a separate thread: Talking options, markets and global economics 1.0, where all opinions are welcomed and I can keep writing guides for those who want to learn and appreciate them.
My comment was not directed at you or anyone in particular; it just felt like over the past few weeks, things started going a different direction here. Maybe that's due to the current environment in the market, but I agree with Brian that it started to have a reddit-type of feel tp it lately, thus my lack of posts.

I appreciate your insight and do hope you continue to contribute to the thread.
Old 27 February 2021, 10:22 PM   #7016
yoast
"TRF" Member

Please don't stop posting as I and I am sure many others really appreciate your posts. You have opened up the world of options to me and I have been studying slowly over the last few weeks.
Maybe its actually not such a bad idea to create a separate thread for options any way?
I just want to say that I know your posts are very time consuming to write and I really appreciate you taking the time to write them. It has helped me a lot.

Quote:

Old 27 February 2021, 11:55 PM   #7017
Zack21
"TRF" Member

Quote:

7Sins: Please don't stop posting. I don't have anywhere near the investing knowledge base that you have or for that matter many others on this board but, I am learning and I am attempting to implement what I have learned. I personally don't see an issue with the posts and I would not want to stifle any future posters from participating. We may come from different walks of life and we all may not have the technical skills to formulate a proper investment thesis, myself included, that would pass muster for the investment pros but, that doesn't mean good ideas can't come from any one of us. I like to think we are here to support each other in our investment decisions and you 7sins, among others, have really gone out of your way to share your knowledge. Thank you.
Zack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 12:23 AM   #7018
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Quote:
My intent was to educate, provide respective rationale and enable those to make informed decisions or at the very least research an interesting underlying security.
7sins your posts are part of what keeps this thread my favorite right now on TRF so please don't take a few comments out of context or aimed at you. I've posted a few of my biotechs here but never provided any significant analysis. If your posts aren't value added I don't know what is. Some people just need to do a better job of ignoring what doesn't fit their idea of what this thread 'should' be, and not posting about it even if they can.

I just checked into a resort yesterday and the concierge asked me about a few stocks, looking for his next quick WSB buck/trade. Same goes for many of my financially unsophisticated contacts. Maybe an indicator about this current market but also it spreads into a normally boring topic such as this thread.
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 12:26 AM   #7019
FLGatorM5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

My guess is that the “options” or “ Reddit” references were made for some of the posts that flooded in during the GME debacle.

I would respectfully not want to refrain from options discussions here. Those of us that do trade options enjoy the opportunity to hear how someone else may structure a trade. Getting long a stock, and the fundamental reasons why, is great. But I also love the math behind managing your risk, or taking advantage of premium.

I personally find it interesting to watch how others might structure a trade. It adds an additional layer of fun (and learning).

Posts like,
-‘do I buy TSLA?’
—Someone gives a thoughtful and detailed response on valuation...
—-Followed by, ‘yeah but do I buy it?’
These will come and go. IMO, it’s just part of being on the interwebs. Sucks, but it is. No different than, “I can’t believe my AD won’t sell me a new Sub!”

Welcome.

As you can see, one of the most helpful members, with some of the most well written analyses, chooses to go long some of his positions with long dated calls. And flush out some nonsense with puts. Thank you again to @7sins for his recommendation, not of a stock, but of a place for me to learn more. I’ve spent the last two months studying the Greeks. And my cash covered puts have been more profitable, and more consistent. And I’ve managed my risk better.

I don’t care if you get there with stock, iron condors, or the Mars Rover. It’s all helpful to me as I continue my grind...I mean education.

Oh, and should I take my entire 401k and buy Dogecoin calls that expire in an hour?
FLGatorM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2021, 01:30 AM   #7020
BroncoOne
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I see your posts as very thoughtful market analysis. You are very generous with your time and insight and they are entirely appropriate to the thread. Thank you for sharing them.

People can agree or disagree with your opinions or trades, and that is what makes a market.

I particularly appreciate your comments on munis, BTw!
BroncoOne is offline   Reply With Quote