The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 16 April 2022, 05:14 PM   #3121
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
The circus continues ...
At wasted bandwidth Neef.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 09:02 PM   #3122
civic4982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
You have to be a special kind of person to test positive for cocaine when it has a life of 2-3 days in urine. He’s in good shape, he might even get it out of his system quicker. So one of two things happened. He’s a heavy user and it’s a regular thing, or he’s not very smart. At that point in his probation, he should know he’s going to get tested before he gets off, and he should have kept his nose clean for the last few weeks.
For being someone that made a nice life out of jail, it’s pretty sad.

I lost a buddy to cocaine about 6 months ago, it was brutal. I’ve never done drugs but I’ve been sober for 10 years, so i get it. You get wrapped up in something and even if you have a momentary handle on it, things can happen. Maybe it’s for the best, it might end up saving his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had seen somewhere that it was a patch testing system and not urine. Pretty difficult to time that since they’re expected to be continuously on and switched out.

civic4982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 09:12 PM   #3123
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by herts9 View Post
I feel worse for his kid.

Hard to run from your demons and vices.
I agree Brian.

I often wonder what the children of such people have to endure growing up. It’s a different world and your electronic footprint is forever known to anyone who clicks a google search (so to speak).

It’s easy to rail on this guy, and a lot of it is well deserved, but what ever Anthony’s demons are, they don’t just affect him.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:50 AM   #3124
pzumk
"TRF" Member

WOW, I have not been following TPG since August 2021 and just randomly decided to check what they’ve been up to. Aaaand wtf it’s even worse than expected, holy shit. Hope Marco can get his own business up and running again.
pzumk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 12:50 AM   #3125
pzumk
"TRF" Member

accidental double post.
Old 17 April 2022, 04:40 AM   #3126
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic4982 View Post
I had seen somewhere that it was a patch testing system and not urine. Pretty difficult to time that since they’re expected to be continuously on and switched out.

Wow, this is wild. I didn’t even know this was a thing. So he’s definitely nuts.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 06:12 PM   #3127
Andy0331
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Ballerbusters just made an extensive post about them, so the word is out to their 133k Instagram followers.

It's going to be virtually impossible for TPG to re-brand in the watch or any luxury business and maintain a significant social media presence now.
Andy0331 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2022, 07:40 PM   #3128
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0331 View Post
Ballerbusters just made an extensive post about them, so the word is out to their 133k Instagram followers.

It's going to be virtually impossible for TPG to re-brand in the watch or any luxury business and maintain a significant social media presence now.
Could you share it here? Seems the Ballerbusters account is set to private for some reason.
VonSomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2022, 03:46 AM   #3129
MKIVdan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSomething View Post
I have always had a hard time wrapping my head around the expenses, specially now with his LA venture.

- Lamborghini

- G Class

- Penthouse at $95k/mo (that also needs furnishing/staging/design $$$$)

- Rented house in LA

- Full time Private security

- He said he had 12 employees in the latest video. Granted not all full-time, but Darby and Liz are at least and it seems they are well compensated with the lifestyle that is shown.

He must at least be around $200k monthly just for fixed expenses.

In LA he has advertised a 5% consignment fee - based on the current inventory on his website the average item price is around 30k. He would have to sell 4 watches per day just to stay afloat.

It doesn't seem like he is doing that, the same inventory has been up since forever. Every day he is still advertising the same watches for sale on Instagram. He doesn't seem to move any watches other than the few watches we've seen being sold in the videos. He would have to do a lot of sales off-camera for this operation to make sense.

At least in the early episode of the Dallas office we saw a healthy amount of incoming/outgoing watches.

I know he's not yet 'properly' setup in LA, but with these high expenses, it seems crazy to 'pause' business while getting setup. Perhaps business is just not running as good as it used to with all the latest scandals? How long can he sustain these expenses before he reaches the needed sales figures?

It would be a very risky deal to make for any investor to jump on board from what I've seen so far.

I wouldn't personally deal with him, just based on what I've seen so far in what I've seen in the videos:

Buying and selling a "Franken" (Fake) AP.

Swapping a client's watch with his own because he rather wanted the client's serial number (No. 1).

For consignment I wouldn't trust them, already 2 robberies. Seems like they are careless in the way they move inventory around (as also seen in the videos) and not proper insurance to cover. During the blackout, I'm quite sure the insurance didn't cover inventory sitting in Anthony's apartment, or the risky transport to/from.

I also get the impression he/they wear the consignment pieces, which is a big no-no in my eyes. I believe I even saw a post about that in this thread. Shipping an unsold watch back in worse condition than it was delivered. That would be extremely upsetting to me

And of course how the blackout stunt was handled, I almost forgot.

My issue is not with what he did in his past (prison, the gay for pay stuff etc.), that really doesn't bother me (in the sense of buying/selling a watch), it's how he conducts his business now.

I hope the videos continue and it doesn't just end here after this latest "scandal" yet again.

Keep the show running Anthony, for better or for worse, watching your life unfold is exciting to say the least.
Not to mention now that he is in LA, hes going to have to pay CA state income tax when he did not have state income tax in Dallas.

In a video a few months ago, Anthony mentioned that he did not care for saving money for the future and that he was going to spend money today to enjoy a good life and will always "hustle hard" till the day he dies. With someone operating like that, its only a matter of time until they go belly up.
MKIVdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2022, 02:41 PM   #3130
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonSomething View Post
Could you share it here? Seems the Ballerbusters account is set to private for some reason.
It's on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheTPG/comm...post_on_insta/
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2022, 10:19 PM   #3131
phow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKIVdan View Post
In a video a few months ago, Anthony mentioned that he did not care for saving money for the future and that he was going to spend money today to enjoy a good life and will always "hustle hard" till the day he dies. With someone operating like that, its only a matter of time until they go belly up.
The only people I hear talk like this are those who aren’t bank rolled and have never experienced a true down month, quarter, or year… Any real business owner knows what it means to go through a rough patch and as a result they have had to make hard decisions such as choosing to pay themselves or fund payroll for their employees.

Post COVID lockdowns, one of the top goals I hear from business owners is to have enough liquidity to be able to self fund their operations for 6-12 months.

This guy has watched too many Gary Vee videos and doesn’t get that the very people that preach this “hustle hard” mentality are making money from people buying into their messaging.
phow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2022, 12:31 AM   #3132
NAVY
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
From Reddit ...

https://i.redd.it/rn7yvovsohu81.jpg
NAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2022, 04:29 AM   #3133
pzumk
"TRF" Member

It's not TPG anymore, but here's Marco's first upload on the Grand Caliber channel. Can't post links yet

/watch?v=KBRF3LXaQUI
Old 20 April 2022, 09:21 AM   #3134
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
So many of us recognized from the very beginning that this was a big, fat dumpster fire.
Old 20 April 2022, 10:41 AM   #3135
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoNeal View Post
So many of us recognized from the very beginning that this was a big, fat dumpster fire.
But I like watching dumpster fires…
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2022, 10:55 AM   #3136
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzumk View Post
It's not TPG anymore, but here's Marco's first upload on the Grand Caliber channel. Can't post links yet

/watch?v=KBRF3LXaQUI
Yeah.....They need Anthony back ASAP
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2022, 11:00 AM   #3137
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Nah, Anthony is toast.
Old 20 April 2022, 11:33 AM   #3138
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
They really do.

I will be the first to admit and make an argument that TPG (with drama included) was good to lift all gray boats.

I skimmed through the new video with Marco, audio quality bad.

Functional and rational Scotty Pippen is not the Kim Kardasian needed for the casting role!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2022, 06:20 PM   #3139
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
They really do.

I will be the first to admit and make an argument that TPG (with drama included) was good to lift all gray boats.

I skimmed through the new video with Marco, audio quality bad.

Functional and rational Scotty Pippen is not the Kim Kardasian needed for the casting role!
Yeah..I’ve been following this series for over a year and this latest was just about unwatchable. Just too boring…poorly edited, bad sound and no personality. Even Jimmy was lifeless.

Marco will be a successful vintage dealer….but they need some for a compelling channel.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 04:41 AM   #3140
MKIVdan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phow View Post
The only people I hear talk like this are those who aren’t bank rolled and have never experienced a true down month, quarter, or year… Any real business owner knows what it means to go through a rough patch and as a result they have had to make hard decisions such as choosing to pay themselves or fund payroll for their employees.

Post COVID lockdowns, one of the top goals I hear from business owners is to have enough liquidity to be able to self fund their operations for 6-12 months.

This guy has watched too many Gary Vee videos and doesn’t get that the very people that preach this “hustle hard” mentality are making money from people buying into their messaging.

Couldn't agree more. The down month turns into them robbing Peter to pay Paul and then eventually it crumbles. So many people do not understand the power of having savings and investing in your future.
MKIVdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 04:54 AM   #3141
Fanofsteel
"TRF" Member

Wow, the bestsellers truly write themselves. I just checked up on TPG yesterday after not peeping since the home invasion. I don’t care for rooting through reddit, don’t have/want the app. Anyone know what consequences he’ll face for violating probation? Is he headed for jail time, or just extended probation (no pun intended)? Anthony is an entertaining character, I hope he doesn’t get locked up. And I hope he can stay clean and get his life together.
Fanofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 08:21 AM   #3142
PeepingTime
Banned

From what I understand he tested positive for cocaine in February. It is probable he will go back to state prison as it is the second time he’s tested positive for cocaine. He’d be in jail now but posted bail.
PeepingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2022, 06:30 AM   #3143
rod727
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 116610
Checking back in and wow I missed a lot….you can't make this stuff up
rod727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2022, 07:40 AM   #3144
RidingDonkeys
"TRF" Member

Based on a video this week, he's still building a store in LA. Seems like maybe that probation thing got worked out?

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 04:21 AM   #3145
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

I've been trying watch and review the last few videos, so now it seems that Anthony can't afford the new Penthouse office location?

He's moving out, it appears. The $95,000 a month lease is too pricey!!
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 05:07 AM   #3146
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
He has no capital and no investor is dumb enough...
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2022, 08:59 AM   #3147
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
I’m glad someone gave an update. I very much do not want to hunt down and watch his videos but I have a morbid curiosity about how this turns out.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 09:28 AM   #3148
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
https://youtu.be/FFFz0C-yqT0

Video from Anthony explaining all the past events….
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 09:57 AM   #3149
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

I’ve never seen such a small amount of success lead to lambo’s, multi million dollar homes and penthouses, and a million dollars in person watches . This guys going to be working at an AD at some point, likely hublot.

shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2022, 11:16 AM   #3150
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
Holy moly, I haven’t seen anything that happened last few months! Like most, I’m not surprised. As someone said, old habits die hard and it’s tough to keep running from your vices and demons.
REQUIEMnJADED4U is offline   Reply With Quote