The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 24 June 2021, 12:32 PM   #61
lutchki
Banned

They started monetizing you tube. Knew this would happen. Now Marco is mainly the video. I’m finding it very boring lately. All a bunch of talking how they’re gonna do the next you tube video. Blah blah
lutchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2021, 05:11 PM   #62
Amex4711
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes of course
I look both „grey market“ and TPG … and I like both contents very much.
In my opinion after TPG start, the YT Channel from Roman growth because he do nearly the same kind of videos.
Old 26 June 2021, 02:02 AM   #63
goodolejr
"TRF" Member

New video posted.
goodolejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 05:21 AM   #64
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
I haven’t watched in few weeks when I saw Ads I was out. Even if they do get a store to lease. The build date is so unrealistic. I’m in the construction industry. Shortages everywhere with all materials. When I saw the last space they were going to build a mezzanine my head started to spin. Structural engineers, permits etc. city of dallas will take them 4-6 week alone to get a permit. It would take them 6 months minimum to build out. It would be even long with the type finishes they want.
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 06:23 AM   #65
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjez14 View Post
I haven’t watched in few weeks when I saw Ads I was out. Even if they do get a store to lease. The build date is so unrealistic. I’m in the construction industry. Shortages everywhere with all materials. When I saw the last space they were going to build a mezzanine my head started to spin. Structural engineers, permits etc. city of dallas will take them 4-6 week alone to get a permit. It would take them 6 months minimum to build out. It would be even long with the type finishes they want.

Very true. Do they need to be out of their old place by a specific date? Meaning what’s the rush
Old 26 June 2021, 06:29 AM   #66
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
I don’t think they found a space but it’s just something I pick up on as a construction guy. They keep telling everyone dates that would not be obtainable. I have projects that have taken 8 weeks for permits , 8 weeks to get Metal studs and materials.

Probably off this topic anyways talking about construction dates. Haha

I wish Anthony nothing but success. I have done probably 8 flawless deals with them in the beginning. As a business owner I know you can grow to fast and in the business world your only as good as your last transaction. I hope they make it thru all this.

In my opinion he comes across as a different person then I know him to be off video . He comes across as kind of cocky and craves the finer things in life so much online.

in my early dealings with him he has never been that way. So a lot of it is for show I believe just acting to sale the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dwjez14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 11:06 PM   #67
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Caught the new video last night. If I was planning on an expansion of 5 stores (Anthony's words) & my partner went on a rant of just walking away & selling watches by himself again, I personally would be very wary of getting into a long term commitment together. I'm sure it was just showing off for the cameras but as I've said before, watch out Marco, Anthony really does not come across as stable in a business sense. He will be off to the next thing with no thought whatsoever.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2021, 04:04 PM   #68
bob99
"TRF" Member

From watching the show, my observation is that Timepiece Gentlemen's watch prices are through the roof, and their buy prices are always rock bottom. I get that's how they make their money, but I routinely see the same exact watches they're selling for sale at lower prices here in Canada, and the Canadian Dollar is 0.81 cents on the US dollar.

I've enjoyed watching Grey Market, and appreciate that Roman and the gang are running a real company. It feels like TPG are essentially backpack dealers operating out of a 300 square foot backpack. I don't have a lot of faith that they'll ever open their retail store, and if they do, I think inventory is going to be a problem. Their answer to anyone wanting any watch is "I can get it for you", and then they try to hustle it up on the FB groups, which is a very different thing than maintaining inventory. That won't fly at a retail store. The high market prices disincentivize keeping inventory on hand, lest they be stuck with a bunch of stuff they overpaid for if prices fall. But you can't have a retail mega store without inventory.

Finally, the whole grey world is just kind of gross. Someone manages to get a watch for retail, then every middleman who handles it slaps another $1k onto the price of the watch until it's presented to the end user. Same business model as being a ticket scalper, which makes the arrogance of TPG is a bit much to take sometimes. They're acting like they've got some sort of incredible unique business model, when it just boils down to "jack up the price, and hope somebody pays it."
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 04:20 AM   #69
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Grey Market vs Timepiece Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
From watching the show, my observation is that Timepiece Gentlemen's watch prices are through the roof, and their buy prices are always rock bottom. I get that's how they make their money, but I routinely see the same exact watches they're selling for sale at lower prices here in Canada, and the Canadian Dollar is 0.81 cents on the US dollar.

I've enjoyed watching Grey Market, and appreciate that Roman and the gang are running a real company. It feels like TPG are essentially backpack dealers operating out of a 300 square foot backpack. I don't have a lot of faith that they'll ever open their retail store, and if they do, I think inventory is going to be a problem. Their answer to anyone wanting any watch is "I can get it for you", and then they try to hustle it up on the FB groups, which is a very different thing than maintaining inventory. That won't fly at a retail store. The high market prices disincentivize keeping inventory on hand, lest they be stuck with a bunch of stuff they overpaid for if prices fall. But you can't have a retail mega store without inventory.

Finally, the whole grey world is just kind of gross. Someone manages to get a watch for retail, then every middleman who handles it slaps another $1k onto the price of the watch until it's presented to the end user. Same business model as being a ticket scalper, which makes the arrogance of TPG is a bit much to take sometimes. They're acting like they've got some sort of incredible unique business model, when it just boils down to "jack up the price, and hope somebody pays it."

Exactly! Anthony talks about being a 1 billion dollar company like he’s the next Zuckerberg or Bezos.

I personally think that little tantrum at the end of last week’s episode was just a ratings ploy. Either way, it’s a stupid move, as they already have enough heat on them about misleading people about their fundraiser....now you’re going to tell these people who sent you 2k that you’re moving to the Bahamas to “sell 5 watches a week”? Not exactly good damage control IMOP.

DaveTheWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 05:35 AM   #70
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

Did the episode indicate why Anthony was in federal court? Was it related to his troubled past?
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 05:51 AM   #71
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by honuswagner13 View Post
Did the episode indicate why Anthony was in federal court? Was it related to his troubled past?
It was to testify in a case where a business owner(s) used PPP Govt. loan money to purchase watches. (It is a loan to pay employees during covid lockdowns)
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 09:37 AM   #72
BobMartian
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2loaded View Post
It was to testify in a case where a business owner(s) used PPP Govt. loan money to purchase watches. (It is a loan to pay employees during covid lockdowns)

probably was also BS like the meltdown
BobMartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 10:09 AM   #73
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
The only two watch channels worth watching IMHO are Timeless Watch Channel (less for me about the watches and more about the cinematography, surroundings etc) and Watch Box reviews, (because Tim actually knows a thing or two about watches
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 12:07 PM   #74
flyboyyy
"TRF" Member

Even better - watch their new friends latest vid (wolves of watch street) who are also trying to follow his schtick. Its 5 things he hates about his AP RO. Watch and you’ll see….the “experts” pronunciation is interesting, as is his history lesson, the “HOT” horolgy comment, and his “Tapestry” dial made by a “pendulum type system that etches it”….

They also just “got approved” to buy a new MB S-Class for their business…cuz, you know! They also talk about their value add to the customers buying grey.
flyboyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 12:26 PM   #75
itspapi
"TRF" Member

Anthony's character gets exposed more and more for each episode that they post..
itspapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 12:38 PM   #76
JodyHighroller
Banned

I haven’t watched the newest TPG episode yet (been traveling abroad), but I saw a few clips and couldn’t bring myself to watch the entire thing yet. I’m not surprised they’re losing subscribers and fans.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 10:30 PM   #77
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspapi View Post
Anthony's character gets exposed more and more for each episode that they post..

I agree. In the beginning, I was a bit intrigued by him. Now, he really is annoying to watch.
He comes across now like he is trying to tone things down as far as his personality & ego but it comes across as stiff & awkward. They must be having more blowback from the money scam/club thing. Marco touched on it about opening it up for members to buy more at cost from consignment deals & not making a seller's fee on it. There has the be a bit of pressure coming from somewhere. But as always, I'll keep watching.
Old 28 June 2021, 11:11 PM   #78
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

I knew they would have to open up the “club” to peer to peer trading…believe it or not people do pay into those type of groups on FB.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 12:18 AM   #79
spikep
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspapi View Post
On the flip side got to give him credit for what he has been able to accomplish.
16610 LN, 16610 LV, 126610 LV, 126622 Rhodium, 126710 BLRO jubilee, 126710 BLRO oyster, 126719 Meteorite, 116710 BLNR, 126711 CHNR, 126715 CHNR, 326934 BLACK, 326934 GREEN, 216570 BLACK, 116500LN WHITE, 116500LN BLACK, 126710 VTNR jubilee
spikep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 12:41 AM   #80
itspapi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
I agree. In the beginning, I was a bit intrigued by him. Now, he really is annoying to watch.
He comes across now like he is trying to tone things down as far as his personality & ego but it comes across as stiff & awkward. They must be having more blowback from the money scam/club thing. Marco touched on it about opening it up for members to buy more at cost from consignment deals & not making a seller's fee on it. There has the be a bit of pressure coming from somewhere. But as always, I'll keep watching.
I'll continue watching as well.. its interesting and I really want to see where this is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikep View Post
On the flip side got to give him credit for what he has been able to accomplish.
I think what they've done is great and I applaud them for that- however, I just feel like his persona is different from whats being displayed and how I originally interpreted
Old 29 June 2021, 03:53 PM   #81
JodyHighroller
Banned

Something is brewing. Marco took down his insta a few hours ago along with a few of their employees. Anthony posted “just when you thought you’ve caught up or figured me out, I pivot”. Now his insta was taken down within the past hour.
Old 29 June 2021, 04:26 PM   #82
Zoomerang
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
Something is brewing. Marco took down his insta a few hours ago along with a few of their employees. Anthony posted “just when you thought you’ve caught up or figured me out, I pivot”. Now his insta was taken down within the past hour.
Maybe Marco couldn't take Anthony firing Clovet?
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 04:30 PM   #83
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang View Post
Maybe Marco couldn't take Anthony firing Clovet?
Haha, I think this issue is potentially a lot bigger. There has been a ton of rumors regarding legal troubles surrounding their $2k “investments”.
Old 29 June 2021, 04:38 PM   #84
Zoomerang
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
Quote:
Haha, I think this issue is potentially a lot bigger. There has been a ton of rumors regarding legal troubles surrounding their $2k “investments”.
Absolutely! I mean Anthony was backtracking that they are "memberships" to a price club not donations.

Every time there is a lot of justification and explanation for this fundraising and Anthony gets defensive saying that they didn't need to do it, they could have sold their personal collections or take money from the multiple investors throwing at them.

There are lot of sketchy characters on that show.. including the store designer guy that I think has a bigger ego than Anthony.
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 08:37 PM   #85
goodolejr
"TRF" Member

For what it’s worth, their @Gentleman_Timepieces handle is still up. It’s just their inventory page, so not sure if it will post anything besides just watches going forward.

118238 (white)
124200 (silver)
Ω De Ville Jumping Hours 4853.61
goodolejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 08:43 PM   #86
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
TPG seems to be a Youtuber trying to be a watch dealer, whereas Roman Sharf is a watch dealer trying to do Youtube.

Anyways, they're both an entertaining watch as a "reality show" and like all reality shows, they shouldn't be taken as what actually happens, just entertainment.
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2021, 09:14 PM   #87
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wouldn't put it past them to do this to pique people's imaginations. But if there was s a problem, how many will be left " holding the bag" so that speak. Anthony has always been a " popcorn fart in a skillet". He likes to appear that he is calm, cool & collected all of the time when in reality he is juggling more balls in the air than he cares to admit. He is unpredictable & just reacts to what is happening instead of being in control & preemptive.
This will end badly based upon his inability to actually run a company.
But as always, I'll be watching their new videos.
Old 29 June 2021, 10:18 PM   #88
lutchki
Banned

When he posts profit at the end of every week, is that after all payroll and parties? If yes their investor should be making real money.
Old 29 June 2021, 10:56 PM   #89
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutchki View Post
When he posts profit at the end of every week, is that after all payroll and parties? If yes their investor should be making real money.
I don't think so. It's before expenses as far as payroll, rent, vehicles, loans etc.
He's giving "gross profit".
Old 30 June 2021, 12:20 AM   #90
itspapi
"TRF" Member

Just finished their last episode... If you havent seen it, I recommend watching the last 10-15 minutes of the video. Really interesting and I would not want to trust them with handling my watches haha