The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 August 2018, 06:31 AM   #1
Tekka01
"TRF" Member

Datejust 116200 SS Oyster Band on OP 116000?

Hi All!

Allow me to introduce myself! I’ve always searched rolex forums, but have never posted.
Essentially, I am brand new to the forum, as I just purchased two new Rolexes – one for my father’s retirement, and one for me, simply because I couldn’t get over how nice Rolex’s blue goes with steel.

I got my father the Ref. 116200 36mm datejust with an oyster bracelet and smooth bezel, and for myself, I chose a 36mm Rolex OP, Ref. 116000 (looks like an Explorer minus the Mercedes hands) with oyster bracelet. I’m not sure if I can include links from these references to the rolex site, but the exact datejust configuration can be researched by typing m116200-0057 into google, and the OP researched by typing m116000-0002 into google.

Both watches are gorgeous (I’m sure 1000% of the forum clearly agrees with this statement haha) but if given the choice, my dad likes the satin polished oyster band of my OP over his datejust’s oyster band which has high polished sections. The main reason is that he knows it’s a scratch magnet, and his attention to detail will drive him crazy over time – he thinks the satin will hold up better. There are other subtle differences – mine of course does not include the 5mm comfort extension, and the crown is actually recessed into the band, while the drown on his sticks outward.

My question here is if anyone on the forum knows whether the bands are interchangeable, as both models are essentially (to my untrained eye of course) the near same 36mm outer casing, and lug width of 20mm. I’d happily trade bracelets with him.

I normally change out watch bands myself, and have no problem switching out my Omega Aqua Terra’s steel band with a leather every now and then (I do so without giving a second thought), but as both watches are brand new and minty (and one being my father’s now), I’d rather not experiment and risk making scratch marks on the lugs if not needed. The Omega has been pre-loved for many years and I’m a little more comfy scratching it up as it’s my watch. Pardon if this has been answered before – I did search and did not find anything. Any information would be appreciated!
Tekka01 is offline   Reply With Quote