The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 20 January 2007, 08:35 AM   #31
amanda
Banned

Alot of people are also drawn to the Paneristi community. Its a very real sense of community and a 'brotherhood' if you will (coming from a woman sounds funny) in the small amount of time I have been into Panerai I have seen a massive amount of generosity and goodwill.... there's really nothing like it.

Now the watches... trust me when I say that a picture of a Panerai never ever does it justice. They are AMAZING looking watches... beautiful in fact. The sandwich dial is amazing and as a noob to watches I've never seen anything like it.

Yesterday I met a local Paneristi who brought along 3 out of his collection, just for me to try on and handle... we had a coffee and then he came with me to the AD to help me try and score something different than I originally went for.... the 44mm thing really freaked me out but with his help I feel 100% at ease now... I just needed that extra bit of confidence! So I have given the 40mm Power Reserve the flick and am going for something more in line with the brand and its history. So thats a small example of the Paneristi goodwill!!!!!
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2007, 11:01 AM   #32
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
i love my pam...lol i was having lunch with on of my good friends who was sporting a cartier santos today, he asked what kind of watch i had on....i told him pam 88 with the oem rubbers and the deployant clasp....long story short, after lunch, we shot over to tourneau and he orderered a pam 104.

its like being part of a movement of some sort! it very dificult to explain.

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2007, 12:11 PM   #33
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
That's it in a nutshell for sure. The 88 is a popular brand because it's got the GMT function, the hands are skeletonized and the seconds subdial is in a contrasting colour. Daren likes it so much he's on his second one.
Sad, funny and true all at the same time.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2007, 06:22 PM   #34
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
question, since im on a roll. I was looking at my pam around 11:40pm so the date was about to change to the 20th. I noticed that the pam changed the date very slowly because for about 20 mins the date was stuck between 19/20 is this normal? i know on the rolex its a swift movement and its changed.

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2007, 06:27 PM   #35
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djemmtee View Post
question, since im on a roll. I was looking at my pam around 11:40pm so the date was about to change to the 20th. I noticed that the pam changed the date very slowly because for about 20 mins the date was stuck between 19/20 is this normal? i know on the rolex its a swift movement and its changed.
I've noticed this slow date change on Omegas too. It can get annoying to watch the date stuck half way!!

Much prefer the instantaneous, blink-of-an-eye change of the Rolex!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2007, 08:21 PM   #36
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Nice watch Mike Enjoy it in good health
Old 21 January 2007, 12:37 AM   #37
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
Alot of people are also drawn to the Paneristi community. Its a very real sense of community and a 'brotherhood' if you will (coming from a woman sounds funny) in the small amount of time I have been into Panerai I have seen a massive amount of generosity and goodwill.... there's really nothing like it.

Now the watches... trust me when I say that a picture of a Panerai never ever does it justice. They are AMAZING looking watches... beautiful in fact. The sandwich dial is amazing and as a noob to watches I've never seen anything like it.

Yesterday I met a local Paneristi who brought along 3 out of his collection, just for me to try on and handle... we had a coffee and then he came with me to the AD to help me try and score something different than I originally went for.... the 44mm thing really freaked me out but with his help I feel 100% at ease now... I just needed that extra bit of confidence! So I have given the 40mm Power Reserve the flick and am going for something more in line with the brand and its history. So thats a small example of the Paneristi goodwill!!!!!
Amanda, don't you know that the local Paneristi you met is a shill for the AD. All he was trying to do was to get you to trade up even before you got your first one. Sounds like he succeeded.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote