The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 September 2014, 04:53 AM   #1
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
Colonoscopy anyone?

Yesterday I had my first colonoscopy. Both, my wife and I were having the procedure after spending the previous day drinking clear liquids and shi**ing water. While my wife appeared at ease in the next cubicle, joking and laughing with the nurse, I suffered a vasovagal syncope when my nurse had trouble with my IV and my blood sprayed all over her scrub top. For a moment, I thought I was going to die, as my heart rate went from forty-five to 150 beats per minute. My entire body became drenched in sweat, and I could not seem to catch my breath. Several nurses reacted with great ease and were very comforting. After about 20 minutes, I got another IV, and the procedure itself was very easy to tolerate.
My wife laughed and laughed when she was told of all the commotion I caused, and the fact that I asked her sister, who was going to drive us home, for my Rolex BLNR to relax me, waiting to go home.
I have had probably, hundreds of needles, but never had that kind of reaction before.
To all those who are going to have this procedure - it is not that bad! In my defense, it may have been dehydration, not the pu**y my wife suggests I was...
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote