The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 22 November 2006, 06:07 AM   #1
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
pam 88 update fella's!

hey guys!

im soooo glad i joined this forum, can you tell me if this is good deal on this pam 88:

i can get the watch at retail $5100 and he will throw in these to straps: Riva in black and the Antique Gator. if i have the watch shipped out of state to a family member i can save on the tax (about 400 bucks).

what do you fellas think? good deal or not?

btw does anyone(dman) have any photos of the 2 straps mentioned above?

TIA

Mike

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2006, 06:10 AM   #2
Atomic

Is the AD throwing in the Riva and the antique gator ON TOP of the rubber and the honey gator that come with it??

Either way, I'd say it's a good deal. The Riva and the Antique gator each retail for over US$200. Do a search on paneristi for the Riva. It's got like diagonal lines in the leather throughout the strap.

The black Riva:

The brown antique gator looks like this, but without being beaten up.

Old 22 November 2006, 07:19 AM   #3
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

ya so i should have 4 straps because it comes with the rubber black one and the honey?

Old 22 November 2006, 07:35 AM   #4
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by djemmtee View Post
ya so i should have 4 straps because it comes with the rubber black one and the honey?
With a $400 discount on taxes and $400+ in extra straps, that's a good deal.
Old 22 November 2006, 01:21 PM   #5
hutchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: All things Patek
Just a thought but if you're paying retail anyway why not call the Beverly Hills Boutique. You will get extra straps and a buying experience you can't get anywhere else, guaranteed. Ask for Tanya!

Warren Buffett
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2006, 03:59 PM   #6
ian.thomas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sounds like a good deal to me.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2006, 05:20 AM   #7
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchman View Post
Just a thought but if you're paying retail anyway why not call the Beverly Hills Boutique. You will get extra straps and a buying experience you can't get anywhere else, guaranteed. Ask for Tanya!

i will try that but they dont have any in stock. good lookin out.

Old 23 November 2006, 05:44 AM   #8
hutchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: All things Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by djemmtee View Post
i will try that but they dont have any in stock. good lookin out.

Actually I was there several weeks ago and they didn't have anything to speak of in stock but from my experience they will get it for you extremely quickly. You will also regularily receive mailing updates and hard copy books at no charge. Also you will get your foot in the door for future Boutique only pieces!

Warren Buffett
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2006, 02:26 PM   #9
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Mike,

Sounds like a good deal to me pal. I do have both of those straps and really like both of them. I am on the hunt for the brown Riva too now, just a really cool Tommy Bahama type of strap.

Wearing the 88 on the antique croc as I type, it gets the most play out of all them. I actually have two of them and will always have one in the family.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2006, 05:33 PM   #10
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Actually I was there several weeks ago and they didn't have anything to speak of in stock but from my experience they will get it for you extremely quickly. You will also regularily receive mailing updates and hard copy books at no charge. Also you will get your foot in the door for future Boutique only pieces!
Awesome, I will check it out. I will call them come monday. thanks for the input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
Mike,

Sounds like a good deal to me pal. I do have both of those straps and really like both of them. I am on the hunt for the brown Riva too now, just a really cool Tommy Bahama type of strap.

Wearing the 88 on the antique croc as I type, it gets the most play out of all them. I actually have two of them and will always have one in the family.
ya i really like the antq croc. thats probably going t o be the one that gets the most wrist time for me as well

Old 4 December 2006, 01:38 AM   #11
knowledge
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD & GMT IIc
Quote:
Thanks for recommending Tanya!

My X-mas gift came early this year. The wifey got me a PAM 88 from the Beverly Hills Boutique. Tanya was extremely professional. The watch was shipped fed-ex overnight and we were not charged for shipping or tax. She gave me a extra black gator strap and a Panerai dress shirt. My wife was so impressed with Tanya, that the next Pannie will be bought from her.
knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2006, 04:29 AM   #12
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge View Post

My X-mas gift came early this year. The wifey got me a PAM 88 from the Beverly Hills Boutique. Tanya was extremely professional. The watch was shipped fed-ex overnight and we were not charged for shipping or tax. She gave me a extra black gator strap and a Panerai dress shirt. My wife was so impressed with Tanya, that the next Pannie will be bought from her.
Awesome!

I bought my PAM from out of state, but everytime I am in Beverly Hills, I stop the PAM boutique and say hello to Tanya. The staff over there really knows there stuff. Anyone who hasn't been to the store should check it out. Very nice, but also very subtle, not too many watches on display.

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2006, 02:53 AM   #13
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Awesome!

I bought my PAM from out of state, but everytime I am in Beverly Hills, I stop the PAM boutique and say hello to Tanya. The staff over there really knows there stuff. Anyone who hasn't been to the store should check it out. Very nice, but also very subtle, not too many watches on display.
im soo bummed, i have to wait till after the new year1 for personal reasons...and i may have to sell one of my rollies to get the pam....ah decisions decisions.

Old 5 December 2006, 03:00 AM   #14
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledge View Post

Geez... Launch Mini has bought about a dozen Pannies from his AD this year and only last week got a T-shirt. John, time to switch ADs.
Old 5 December 2006, 03:08 AM   #15
viper
"TRF" Member

Mike,

Check your PMs..
viper is offline   Reply With Quote