The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 February 2017, 10:51 AM   #1
Xerxes77
Banned

AP ROO bed experience

Hi guys,
I am new on this forum and in the same time new fun of Rolex watch.
For a long time I was a very big fun of AP ROO but I want to tell my story maybe help new AP ROO funs!! I want to tell only last 2 bed story with AP ROO because is very much to tell....
In June I buy from a AD an AP ROO Jarno Trulli. I like very much carbon and cermet combo. The watch are pre-owned so I send the watch to RO&RO Wien who are AP authorized service to make a complete overhaul. After 3 week the watch come back with complete overhaul due. I pay 1460€.
But I see the watch have+ 20-30 sec/day so I send it back to adjust the watch!
After another 3 week they send me back the watch and tell the watch are ok but the watch work same +30 sec/day! And again I send it back to adjust!
In the mean time I buy it a new AP ROO 42 mm rose gold in Friday 19.08.2016 from a different AD. I make my self a gift for my birdsday. In 22.08.2016 I go back because the watch work +40 sec/day!!!
AD tell me he can change my watch because AP have a internal rules and only if the watch are 3 time defects in guarantee they change the watch but tell me he send the watch on AP service. After 3-4 days call me and tell me the chrono module are defects and need to be change and will be replace with one new.Ok!
In September watch come back and work good +2-3 sec/day only 2 week and then stop! The movement stop and don't work anymore!
So I go again to AD and he tell me send the watch in service again!
I am very ungry and I write an email to AP and received an email from a lady who are AP client care manager on Swiss and she assure me all will be ok and give me 5 years guarantee because of my bed experience!
She tell me chrono module are defects again and will be replaced!
In this time my AP ROO Jarno come back and work same bed!!!!
This time I send Jarno to CESAP (European center AP service) on France!
They give me an email and tell me the complete overhaul are due to a service who are not AP authorized service! I ask how it's possible because RO&RO Wien are authorized service AP. I send the invoice for complete overhaul and they tell me they will do the complete overhaul and price are including in guarantee who are give me from RO&RO Wien!
After 1 mounth the watch come back and work ok only when start chrono have + 20-30 sec/day.
I decide to sell it and to buy me a first Rolex a Rolex Submariner!!!
And I buy it and how work is superlative. In one mounth have -3 sec!
Same problems I have and with AP ROO 42 mm rose gold when come back from service with a soecial letter for extended guarantee 5 years!
I decide to sell it and I buy about 1 week ago a Rolex Sky-Dweller rose gold bracelet.
The watch is a beauty beast and work + 1 sec/ day!
I don't know if I have bed luck with AP but I want to expose my story to be a lesson for new buyers AP ROO.
Recently I speak with a watchmaker who now work in Ulysse Nardin manufacture but in the past work to AP manufacture and he show me where is problems!
AP have many chrono module on stock who stay to much time and the oil loose property.
When a watch come to service to make a complete overhaul the watcmaker don't have time to clean every part of chrono module and oiled it's more simply to replaced with a new one!!! But if the new one stay 1-2 years on stock are not ok!
So after this bed and also said experience for me I buy me two Rolex!
I am very happy with it and till now I am not dissapointed from them!
But please can someoane to explaine watt's happened with AP?
I have friend who have same problems with AP ROO!
IMHO on that level of price it's can be possible all these thing!
Please let me know if someoane have same experience?
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2017, 11:10 AM   #2
texex91
"TRF" Member

ok
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2017, 11:45 AM   #3
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
That is pretty awful, I have to say - to pay that sort of money and not being able to wear the watch for months on end.

I have heard AP and PP are more delicate in their movements and not everyday pieces that can take a knock but at least you've found your solution now.
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2017, 12:09 PM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
You got any pics of all these watches? And the bed?
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2017, 03:53 PM   #5
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I'm clearly not the only one who was expecting a different thread

I laughed and thought been there done that.

Bed experiences with a RO is like trying to please two at once either a huge success or...
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2017, 09:30 PM   #6
Xerxes77
Banned

Hi,
Sorry for mistake!))
I want to write bad experience!!
I can show you guys what ever you want but the most important thing is my dissapoiment from AP!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1153.jpg (71.2 KB, 822 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1159.jpg (35.8 KB, 807 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1152.jpg (61.7 KB, 819 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1161.jpg (32.2 KB, 825 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1157.jpg (41.5 KB, 822 views)
Old 4 February 2017, 09:33 PM   #7
Xerxes77
Banned

Yes, for this amount of money you don't want to have a watch who work good only if you have luck!
My IMHO
Old 5 February 2017, 04:15 PM   #8
racer24
Banned

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
Sorry to hear your story. There are definitely issues with quality conrol in AP. My brand new diver had gasket issue right out of box. My Rolexes never had any issues. But, even with my disappointment with AP QC, I still plan to buy few more APs. Their design is what attracted me.
racer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2017, 04:29 PM   #9
xbox
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hunting ...
IMO, its a bit like FIRE - you know the experience will hurt, but you still go there
xbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2017, 04:43 PM   #10
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
You had some beautiful pieces. A shame you have lost confidence in the brand but understandable.
conkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2017, 01:41 AM   #11
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
It looks like its keeping good time in above pic.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2017, 04:49 AM   #12
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Your experiences are pretty far from normal, both in terms of reliability and AP quality of service. Do you have the correspondence from AP?
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2017, 06:34 AM   #13
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by improviz View Post
Your experiences are pretty far from normal, both in terms of reliability and AP quality of service. Do you have the correspondence from AP?
Yes,
I have and the letter from AP sales manager after the watch have defects about one week from come back from RO&RO Wien.
Old 6 February 2017, 06:18 PM   #14
MrGMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega-Rolex
I've never owned a AP but plan on getting my first very soon. Been reading a lot about them recently and this is what I've came to.
Rolex is like a ford car maker really reliable and make some decent cars service is cheap and usually hassle free now AP is like a Bugatti real luxury hand made and it very well might break down now and again and be expensive to fix but who the hell wants a ford over a Bugatti .
MrGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2017, 09:09 PM   #15
syahriltaher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGMT View Post
I've never owned a AP but plan on getting my first very soon. Been reading a lot about them recently and this is what I've came to.
Rolex is like a ford car maker really reliable and make some decent cars service is cheap and usually hassle free now AP is like a Bugatti real luxury hand made and it very well might break down now and again and be expensive to fix but who the hell wants a ford over a Bugatti .
Well said....
- Rolex RG Daytona 116505 - Rolex SS Submariner "Hulk" - Rolex SS Sky Dweller "Black Dial" - Rolex SS GMT Master II 16710 "Coke" - Rolex GMT Master II CHNR "Rootbeer" TT - Rolex SS Daytona Ceramic 116500LN "Black Dial" - Rolex 126710 "New Batman" 2022 - Rolex SS/WG Datejust 41 126334 "Blue Roman" - Panerai "PAM 88" GMT - Omega New Moonwatch 3861
syahriltaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2017, 02:15 AM   #16
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
...AP is like a Bugatti real luxury hand made...
Nope – you need to learn and appreciate the distinction between the words ‘made’ and ‘assembled’.
Even Roger Smith cheats by using a CNC machine for his cases – but if decided he to push out 40K pieces annually and become an 800M CHF company, he’d be using a whole raft of industrial processes too.

Time to remove the rose-tinted spectacles and accept this industry trades on a lot of smoke & mirrors management to persuade buyers to feel good about spending their hard earned on expensive attractive baubles.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2017, 02:18 AM   #17
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
:)))))))
Yes nice said!
I say Rolex is more like a Mercedes IMO strong and durable!
AP is more like an Aston Martin!
And I keep the Bugatti for PP!
Old 7 February 2017, 02:22 AM   #18
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Nope – you need to learn and appreciate the distinction between the words ‘made’ and ‘assembled’.
Even Roger Smith cheats by using a CNC machine for his cases – but if decided to push out 40K pieces annually and become an 800M CHF company, he’d be using a whole raft of industrial processes too.

Time to remove the rose-tinted spectacles and accept this industry trades on a lot of smoke & mirrors management to persuade buyers to feel good about spending their hard earned on expensive attractive baubles.
I think you have right!
Old 7 February 2017, 02:24 AM   #19
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
14 ap's in for me and have never had one issue, ever. sorry to hear about your problems
sort of like me and patek, it happens
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2017, 05:02 AM   #20
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
OMG OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL I'm done for the day. Thanks!!!

OP, sorry for the bad luck but yeah glad you found your Rolexs, those can take a beating everyday.
Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2017, 10:31 AM   #21
peterpl
Banned

Your not the only one with problems with AP. I've heard real bad stories about APs and their movements.

I personally know of 6-7 brand new ROOs going back for service due to bad bad timekeeping like 5+ minutes a week!!!

Also some with chrono not resetting properly and exactly at 12 marker. AP even though I like them recently their quality has dropped. I would never expect to hear these things 5 years ago.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2017, 10:39 AM   #22
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
I personally know of 6-7 brand new ROOs going back for service due to bad bad timekeeping like 5+ minutes a week!!!

Tell us more.

Is it 6 or 7?
What models?
Who owns them--friend?
Pics?

Seems like a broad statement to me...so look forward to you filling in actual specifics to this claim.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2017, 01:02 AM   #23
Xerxes77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Tell us more.

Is it 6 or 7?
What models?
Who owns them--friend?
Pics?

Seems like a broad statement to me...so look forward to you filling in actual specifics to this claim.
What you want to know exactly more?
All they pictures are mine and if you look you will see are in the same car!
Old 26 March 2017, 09:47 PM   #24
gossbeau
Banned

Watch: 25940ok
Quote:
Tell us more.

Is it 6 or 7?
What models?
Who owns them--friend?
Pics?

Bad attitude
gossbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2017, 09:47 PM   #25
gossbeau
Banned

Watch: 25940ok
Quote:
ok
Bad attitude
gossbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 02:09 AM   #26
Royalex
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear about your AP bad experience. Actually I now own 3 APs, so far I am lucky enough that I have not encountered any problems yet. Before I decided to buy my first AP (safari2014) I had read about the issues about time accuracy and disfunction. However I was very fond of its octagon shape, legend and so on. To own AP like once in a lifetime for me, I am now happy that I did it.
Royalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 02:15 AM   #27
Royalex
"TRF" Member

Here they are.
Royalex is offline   Reply With Quote