The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 22 March 2017, 05:22 AM   #31
bjjere
"TRF" Member

Absolutely love mine! Even better in person. Very comfortable, even on my 6.75" wrist. Has more to look at compared to my BLNR and will never scratch

bjjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 06:25 AM   #32
Kilo Papa
"TRF" Member

I think it is a great combination of class (croc strap/platinum coated bezel/white gold hands and indices) and tech (ceramic case and clasp/9300 movement)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0783.jpg (56.9 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0785.jpg (61.7 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0786.jpg (71.4 KB, 152 views)
Kilo Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2017, 08:29 AM   #33
Kilo Papa
"TRF" Member

Correction...I meant to say platinum coated dial, not bezel
Kilo Papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 04:51 AM   #34
Esoteric
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhipooh View Post
I tried on a Grey Side of the Moon Omega over the weekend and was totally impressed by it. I am still a devoted Rolex fan, but the GSotM is absolutely gorgeous. Anyone else here find this watch a worthy addition if all your other watches are Rolex timepieces?
It's a great watch, IMHO, and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. Being a Rolex fan doesn't preclude you lusting after other watches :)

It wears smaller than it's size would suggest and, whilst on paper it is on the thick side, it fits my wrist perfectly and to be honest doesn't look too thick on the wrist. It's delightful to wear it everyday and not have to worry about scratches etc. Of course there are those on TRF that simply adore scratches so maybe its not the watch for them.

Finally, what do you care what other people think? I wore mine to a Redbar event and received a lot of criticism. Omega are diluting the brand, Grey is not a good color for a watch, the Date dial should be dial colored, coaxial movement is unproven, etc. etc.

I like to judge a watch entirely on it's merits and not get into debate about marketing and resale value etc. etc.

It's a unique watch, with a great movement and whilst not perfect does offer a compelling ownership experience. So if you like it get it!
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2017, 01:46 AM   #35
miller1624
Banned

Watch: Tudor BB S&G
Beautiful watch. Love the ceramic cases. I'd love to have one!
miller1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2017, 02:18 AM   #36
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Love the GSOTM, especially with the new deployant clasp.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2017, 03:35 AM   #37
richard371
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN White
yea make sure to get it used. Im trying to move my DSOTM to finance my 116500ln and can't even give it away at less then half of what it costs new. resale value is horrible on Omegas. Looks like ill just keep it and sell my 116613LB instead which I hate to get rid of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb55 View Post
Much prefer the DSotM. Great watch, but the depreciation on Omega keeps me away. Made that mistake once, would need to be quite the watch to go there again.
richard371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2017, 06:39 AM   #38
dsom
"TRF" Member

I love my dsom - on a leather band. I love the story of the ceramic and the movement. I agree that it is much more interesting - and better looking - than most Daytonas.

I also agree that it wears much much smaller than the specs would indicate. It is very comfortable to wear everyday.

Just my .02
dsom is offline   Reply With Quote