The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 March 2017, 01:00 PM   #31
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I used to love the RGRC but it is a bit dated now, I'd get the RG 44 or YG Subc.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2017, 02:16 PM   #32
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I really dig the RGRC but it's too similar to your Elephant �� imho so tough call.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2017, 03:51 PM   #33
kentheevil
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I used to love the RGRC but it is a bit dated now, I'd get the RG 44 or YG Subc.
That's exactly what is pulling me back. Thanks again Neil will most likely go with those two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I really dig the RGRC but it's too similar to your Elephant �� imho so tough call.
I think so too it's a great watch but it also have a greydial.
kentheevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2017, 06:35 AM   #34
Colin W
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentheevil View Post
Guy! I've got an offer to trade my hulk and tt gmt for a rg rubber cladd
so mainly have this rg rubber clad and greytheme in my collection I believe this is great investment since I'm getting one in top condition and great price but what do u guys think? It's around 22k $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to own the RG RC, seems like a good trade to me - still a classic ROO IMO

Old 23 March 2017, 12:06 PM   #35
sssteel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin W View Post
I used to own the RG RC, seems like a good trade to me - still a classic ROO IMO

This!!!
It's like having a Phantom - still a GREAT car, right?!?!
You don't NEED a Wraith or (BMW-inspired) Ghost, by any means!
Phantom still holds its own (as does the RGRC)! ;)

Or an LP670 SV.... Must you have the Aventador, only instead?
LP670 SV absolutely ROCKS! Great performance, killer looks, without a doubt still uber cool. Yet, slightly dated... ;)
sssteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2017, 06:38 PM   #36
gossbeau
Banned

Watch: 25940ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteel View Post
This!!!
It's like having a Phantom - still a GREAT car, right?!?!
You don't NEED a Wraith or (BMW-inspired) Ghost, by any means!
Phantom still holds its own (as does the RGRC)! ;)

Or an LP670 SV.... Must you have the Aventador, only instead?
LP670 SV absolutely ROCKS! Great performance, killer looks, without a doubt still uber cool. Yet, slightly dated... ;)
Loving the comparisons brother! But I just got a RG RC so I am biased LOL
gossbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 11:23 AM   #37
sssteel
"TRF" Member

Well thank you very much!
That's excellent - you have great taste!! Enjoy that beauty!
sssteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 03:52 PM   #38
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Rgrc, great watch.

[QUOTE=kentheevil;7451427]Guy! I've got an offer to trade my hulk and tt gmt for a rg rubber cladd
so mainly have this rg rubber clad and greytheme in my collection I believe this is great investment since I'm getting one in top condition and great price but what do u guys think? It's around 22k $

I've owned this reference from new. I'd estimate (from the look of the bezel) that the watch in your picture with its current rubber bezel has had around 1 years wear by a careful owner. Within 1 more year the bezel will be shiny and this really does affect the look of the watch. A new bezel is £500 but AP will also charge for servicing at the same time so in reality a new bezel will cost £1200. The 22k $ seems like a very fair price if the watch has box & papers. I wouldn't touch it without the papers as there seem to be lots of fakes.
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 07:49 PM   #39
justdate
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
I love that rose gold and ceramic daytona with the black dial, quite a rare combination, not seen a 'real life' pic before.
justdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 10:21 PM   #40
jem7v
Banned

[QUOTE=AshAP;7475507]
Quote:
Guy! I've got an offer to trade my hulk and tt gmt for a rg rubber cladd

I've owned this reference from new. I'd estimate (from the look of the bezel) that the watch in your picture with its current rubber bezel has had around 1 years wear by a careful owner. Within 1 more year the bezel will be shiny and this really does affect the look of the watch. A new bezel is £500 but AP will also charge for servicing at the same time so in reality a new bezel will cost £1200. The 22k $ seems like a very fair price if the watch has box & papers. I wouldn't touch it without the papers as there seem to be lots of fakes.
22k with box and papers seems like a low price. Jump on it. I hate the rubber bezel personally. But that is a cheap price for that watch.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2017, 11:40 PM   #41
rodo
"TRF" Member

out of those I love the 44 and the gold daytona on bracelet
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2017, 05:40 PM   #42
kentheevil
"TRF" Member

Hey guys I'll have to confess today after making up my mind and went to try the 44 roo out I was a bit underwhelm don't get me wrong it's beautiful. I just thought I'd like it more it used to be a game stopper I remember 2-3 years ago when i was a fresh men in college and consider getting my first AP the seller handed me the 44rg to let me try on my hand was shaking from it's beauty and wow the weight. However this time the model I tried is 26401 not 26400 it's way lighter than I expected it and personally I love heavy watch the watch fit me fine. I like it but not love it and was expecting to love it much more than my elephant but since I didnt will probably save up until I can keep both in my collection. It's like seeing that hot chick I've always dream of but the chick here with me has great personality and there's nothing wrong with her too

Old 29 March 2017, 11:03 AM   #43
jem7v
Banned

Quote:
Hey guys I'll have to confess today after making up my mind and went to try the 44 roo out I was a bit underwhelm don't get me wrong it's beautiful. I just thought I'd like it more it used to be a game stopper I remember 2-3 years ago when i was a fresh men in college and consider getting my first AP the seller handed me the 44rg to let me try on my hand was shaking from it's beauty and wow the weight. However this time the model I tried is 26401 not 26400 it's way lighter than I expected it and personally I love heavy watch the watch fit me fine. I like it but not love it and was expecting to love it much more than my elephant but since I didnt will probably save up until I can keep both in my collection. It's like seeing that hot chick I've always dream of but the chick here with me has great personality and there's nothing wrong with her too

Why do you want it to be heavy? The value doesn't change since the amount of gold is really insignificant compared to price, and it will just tire you out. RG all the way.
jem7v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2017, 02:20 PM   #44
kentheevil
"TRF" Member

I was just expecting it be way heavier than my ap elephant. I just kinda felt that the magic is gone maybe it's the lighting of the shop as well.
Old 30 March 2017, 12:26 AM   #45
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
I was just expecting it be way heavier than my ap elephant. I just kinda felt that the magic is gone maybe it's the lighting of the shop as well.
Sometimes you build up expectations and then the watch can't live up to them, often the surprise nice watch makes the biggest mark but then second time it loses that wow factor. I suggest you try it on again but now with normal expectations and see it without the plastic, and then you will know how you really feel.

Mine weighs 240g which is significantly more than the 42mm which would be around 180-90g.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2017, 11:17 PM   #46
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I don't really think there is a wrong choice here

Best of luck
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote