The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 January 2021, 12:36 PM   #1
Trog
Banned

Ebay purchase gone bad

I'm just at the conclusion of a stressful Ebay purchase experience and am not sure what to do next.

In summary, I purchased a vintage Rolex rivet bracelet from an Ebay vendor with tons of sales and a great rating.

After some negotiating, we agreed on a final price and I made payment via PayPal.

A few days later the bracelet arrives.

To my horror, the Vendor sent me an Omega bracelet.

I immediately filed a "not as described" Ebay claim. Fortunately, the Vendor stepped up and admitted to making a shipping error. He then took his sweet time to send me a shipping label, and then waited to the last possible day to refund my money.

The Vendor could have refunded my money a week earlier on the same day he admitted making the shipping error...however he elected to stretch out the process.

The bracelet was a perfect match for my Rolex.....but I have mixed feelings about giving this Vendor another chance.

What would you do?
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2021, 01:44 PM   #2
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Your call.

How badly do you want the Rolex bracelet?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2021, 02:07 PM   #3
emmalord
"TRF" Member

What was the name of the seller? Was it Pure Watches?
They have a perfect rating on eBay by 1900 people but I’m still not sure about buying from an eBay shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emmalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2021, 02:10 PM   #4
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

The seller made a mistake, admitted to the error, completed the return request within the allotted time allowed by the selling platform.
So the "eBay purchase gone bad" was because a simple mistake was made and was quickly corrected, but the refund wasnt made as fast as you wanted it to be? Im not sure what the issue is, were any rules broken or were you scammed in any way?
Did you not ask the seller to send you the correct bracelet that you wanted instead of refunding you?
Old 29 January 2021, 03:03 PM   #5
Trog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
The seller made a mistake, admitted to the error, completed the return request within the allotted time allowed by the selling platform.
So the "eBay purchase gone bad" was because a simple mistake was made and was quickly corrected, but the refund wasnt made as fast as you wanted it to be? Im not sure what the issue is, were any rules broken or were you scammed in any way?
Did you not ask the seller to send you the correct bracelet that you wanted instead of refunding you?
The Vendor had accidently mixed up two shipments...my Rolex bracelet was shipped off to another customer.

This was my first Ebay purchase of any magnitude, so I was feeling rather anxious about the risk of losing thousands of dollars.

Whilst it's true the Vendor followed Ebay rules to the letter, he did have opportunities to issue the refund much earlier..... I would have had the roles been reversed.

If and when the Vendor gets the Rolex bracelet returned to him, he intends to relist the item on Ebay where I'll have the chance to re-purchase.
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 10:42 AM   #6
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
He waited until the "last day" to refund.
Like it or not, he technically did nothing wrong.
Ethically, though . . . . .

My advice is forget about it and don't let it eat you up. After all, life is too short for minor aggravations.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2021, 10:58 AM   #7
Bill11783
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO, LV
I would give him another chance if you really want that bracelet. You got your money back.
Bill11783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2021, 11:47 PM   #8
Slaybo
"TRF" Member

Did you reach out to the seller before filing the claim with eBay? If not then he was probably irritated, and rightfully so, and then took his time.

You technically didn’t do anything wrong by filing the claim and he technically didn’t do anything wrong by refunding within the required timeline.

Next time you might want to message the seller first and give them the chance to fix it quickly. Be cool about it and give them the chance to do the same.
Slaybo is offline   Reply With Quote