The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 13 May 2021, 07:28 AM   #481
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

I hope everything works out for them and I enjoy watching their series, plus they have also paved the road for Roman to get back into sharing more content again. With that said you cant talk about your million dollar personal collection and then in the very same day ask for 2 million from random people with no equity stake. Just sell that collection and put it in the business which you did awhile back (He's scared of saying he doesn't have a top notch collection). I don't get why on gods earth you want a thousand people to be hounding you about their deal and giving them the perception they will get special treatment. Basic common business concepts are being voided and that's what's causing everyone to be like wtf in the threads. Hell give Roman equity, if not already. I can already see the chaos ahead if they get the monies from the public for a name plate. For gods sake don't slaughter the sheep, bc in the end the blood trail will always lead back to one place. Love the show! haha
Old 13 May 2021, 07:48 AM   #482
Amex4711
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes of course
cool guys … I like the Videos
Old 13 May 2021, 09:11 AM   #483
amg55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
The show started off well enough a few months back. Now, it’s getting very messy. Why does he need so many sidekicks in the office, all the so called million dollar collection but no money to put a shop together, the new sales girl dressed in lingerie... it’s not going to end well the way they are tracking.
Old 13 May 2021, 09:24 AM   #484
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asloper6001 View Post
I hope everything works out for them and I enjoy watching their series, plus they have also paved the road for Roman to get back into sharing more content again. With that said you cant talk about your million dollar personal collection and then in the very same day ask for 2 million from random people with no equity stake. Just sell that collection and put it in the business which you did awhile back (He's scared of saying he doesn't have a top notch collection). I don't get why on gods earth you want a thousand people to be hounding you about their deal and giving them the perception they will get special treatment. Basic common business concepts are being voided and that's what's causing everyone to be like wtf in the threads. Hell give Roman equity, if not already. I can already see the chaos ahead if they get the monies from the public for a name plate. For gods sake don't slaughter the sheep, bc in the end the blood trail will always lead back to one place. Love the show! haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55 View Post
The show started off well enough a few months back. Now, it’s getting very messy. Why does he need so many sidekicks in the office, all the so called million dollar collection but no money to put a shop together, the new sales girl dressed in lingerie... it’s not going to end well the way they are tracking.
Let it end in a fireball. Provides good YouTube entertainment.
Old 13 May 2021, 10:40 AM   #485
Ghost410
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55 View Post
What episode has the girl in lingerie?
Old 13 May 2021, 11:05 AM   #486
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost410 View Post
What episode has the girl in lingerie?

It wasn’t necessarily lingerie.... but her 2 chrono pushers were hanging out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 May 2021, 12:53 PM   #487
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post

The office appeared to be very cold.
Old 13 May 2021, 01:19 PM   #488
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Lmfao... chrono pushers

250 out of 1k signed up already.
Old 13 May 2021, 01:35 PM   #489
goodolejr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Lmfao... chrono pushers

Wondering if any of the participants are TRF members. Would he be interesting to get an insider view on what your $2K actually gets you.

118238 (white)
124200 (silver)
Ω De Ville Jumping Hours 4853.61
Old 13 May 2021, 02:10 PM   #490
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: The HYPED ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolejr View Post
Wondering if any of the participants are TRF members. Would he be interesting to get an insider view on what your $2K actually gets you.

So I thought about it... The $1M collection and raising capital didn’t bother me. I work in private equity, you would be surprised how many owners raise capital with no skin in the game. What got me was the “wholesale pricing”. Initially of interest, then upon reading the email they point out the pricing is for watches they want to move quickly. The models I want, and you all would want, move quickly on their own. So that was a showstopper for me.

With that said, raising capital without equity and then being somewhat obtuse about what the $2k actually gets you (statement, perception then reality) will ultimately end in a lawsuit or several lawsuits.

He’s entertaining, and the joys of a private company mean no EBITDA to worry about. But I don’t think he is a prudent businessman. Spending $250k on dinners out is reckless for a business the size of theirs. Buying a G550 and Lambo just add to that. This is a lifestyle company for him. I still of course wish them the best.
Panerai 1033 GMT -
God is Good
Old 13 May 2021, 02:12 PM   #491
amg55
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500LN
Quote:
WTF ... 250?? IG starstruck?
Old 13 May 2021, 02:18 PM   #492
Sub*Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: The HYPED ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Was kind of comical hearing him talk to someone about going public. Granted - he said he didnt want to but the idea of this business becoming a publicly traded company is pretty farfetched lol
I agree, but I’ve seen crazier. I took a bar public one time... An actual bar, or specifically a cigar lounge. I advised them against it but they insisted. The IPO was something like $.000035 a share or something stupid like that. Needless to say the organization ended up being taken private and closing their doors permanently.
Panerai 1033 GMT -
God is Good
Old 13 May 2021, 02:33 PM   #493
lutchki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Enron looked like they were doing pretty well too. His latest video is titled, “ we are doing a raise” lol. No you’re not. I don’t think he understands what a raise even is. He’s asking for $2,000 from people to build out a store. Not for equity, but to eventually give them a $2,000 discount on a future watch sale . Give me a break, this guy is a complete joke. I’ve never seen anything like it. I’ve never heard of a company raising money, while giving absolutely no value for the raise. The worst part, I’m certain he will get it.

This guy will eventually leave someone holding the bag. It’s likely going to be about 1000 people for $2,000 each.

To be honest it’s the people that actually pay the 2K that are the suckers. To be part of what?? Someone else’s business? Their smart for asking for money. Their whole life spending is written off as business expense. Eating out 17k. Write it off cause it’s for content. New 2 million penthouse. Bussiens expend. Labo? Bugatti? Business expense. Need content.

To my dismay it seems odd to spend 2 million on a renovation in a rented space even if it’s for 10 years. Well if it’s not their money I guess spend 3 mil. Why not? After 10 years then what? I guess go to more fans and beg for their money to pimp out a new place. Oh. And give them a plaque somewhere. These guys are letting it get to their heads.
Old 13 May 2021, 02:50 PM   #494
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

Was that posted by him or is his fundraiser public info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 13 May 2021, 03:12 PM   #495
asloper6001
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Was that posted by him or is his fundraiser public info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last post on their story via ig.
Old 13 May 2021, 04:11 PM   #496
rollex4me
"TRF" Member

Giving 2k is the ultimate watch simp move! I thought paying girls on onlyfans was bad but this takes the cake
Old 13 May 2021, 07:53 PM   #497
alllexandru
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Smart move to have apart from 2mil free fund a database with 1000 potential buyers throwing at them watches someone out of 1000 will always buy
This if everything goes according with their plan

Well, it is not the one who asks……but the one who accepts

Good show for us to watch and wish them to stay true
Old 14 May 2021, 07:56 AM   #498
seneca19
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub*Man View Post
So I thought about it... The $1M collection and raising capital didn’t bother me. I work in private equity, you would be surprised how many owners raise capital with no skin in the game. What got me was the “wholesale pricing”. Initially of interest, then upon reading the email they point out the pricing is for watches they want to move quickly. The models I want, and you all would want, move quickly on their own. So that was a showstopper for me.

With that said, raising capital without equity and then being somewhat obtuse about what the $2k actually gets you (statement, perception then reality) will ultimately end in a lawsuit or several lawsuits.

He’s entertaining, and the joys of a private company mean no EBITDA to worry about. But I don’t think he is a prudent businessman. Spending $250k on dinners out is reckless for a business the size of theirs. Buying a G550 and Lambo just add to that. This is a lifestyle company for him. I still of course wish them the best.
Old 14 May 2021, 09:52 AM   #499
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:

I’m rolling right now. Chrono pushers
Old 15 May 2021, 06:51 AM   #500
1665fan
"TRF" Member

LOL yea right....
Old 15 May 2021, 06:51 AM   #501
Pius XIII
"TRF" Member

Ibtl
Old 15 May 2021, 06:54 AM   #502
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

WTH?

Some ponzi-scheme?

They get $2m and and you become a member of what BS?
Old 15 May 2021, 06:56 AM   #503
Panader
"TRF" Member

I was on their website today and noticed that the offer " layaway".

IT LOOKS LIKE A TOTAL SCAM TO ME.

Layaway is for reserving and item so that it is not sold to someone else. Their version of layaway involves sending them money for free. Once you have sent them enough money to buy a watch them let you buy a watch.

These guys have no financial literacy and they are showing it.

I hope someone from their organization reads this.

Their layaway program is a joke designed to scam idiots into giving them a free loan.
Old 15 May 2021, 06:56 AM   #504
joegusmano
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
WTH?

Some ponzi-scheme?

They get $2m and and you become a member of what BS?
They’re raising $2m in capital to build out a new storefront. In exchange for $2000 you become a VIP client and have access to wholesale pricing. Pretty much it. You may also get to do a meet and great. Hilarious stuff.
Old 15 May 2021, 06:57 AM   #505
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Ibtl.
Old 15 May 2021, 07:01 AM   #506
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Unbelievable
Old 15 May 2021, 07:03 AM   #507
Boaters
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV 16710 SD
For 2 grand .... Nada
Old 15 May 2021, 07:15 AM   #508
HMHM
"TRF" Member

LMAOOOOOOOOOO
Gotta love the madness these days! Rather spend that money towards another watch.
Old 15 May 2021, 07:16 AM   #509
911_3.6
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Their videos are very entertaining, but I’m not likely to ever do business with them as I only buy from my AD at retail.

Other watch Youtubers have charged a subscription to be part of their limited “Finders Group” or whatever, like Random Rob, but that only turns me off and I just unsubscribe after getting tired of all the talk about their private founders group activities and giveaways only available if you buy into their group.

Timepiece Gentleman have a great business plan, but they may turn off a lot of people on this deal.
Old 15 May 2021, 07:24 AM   #510
Deepseadoug
Banned

Take 2,000, split it 4 ways and buddy up with 4 sales associates at 4 separate ads. Straight up send out the bribe money. Roll my dice that way. Ad events and swag bags is a way better investment than drywall and paint for this kids youtube studio / lounge.
Closed Thread