The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 November 2018, 03:48 PM   #31
RXAPPP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5
Great idea - go for it

10 and out
RXAPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2018, 06:58 AM   #32
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjgesq View Post
huge step up.

But go ss.
why ss
liboozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2018, 10:03 AM   #33
liboozers
"TRF" Member

So I went to my local AD and saw a Steel PO in blue. Yes it does sit slightly higher then the Pelagos. As a few of you have said it looks and feels like a step up then the Tudor. Watch will be here Monday and I won't be able to size it/wear it until after work. No extra time to take off and wait for the FedEx.
Once again I want to recommend DavidSW for the help along the way. Spent the day emailing back and forth and actually was able to send me pictures of my new watch side by side with a blue Pelagos for comparison. Also replied in a very timely manner to each one of my emails. As always top notch service and easiest transaction dealing with him. Wish any/all things in life would be this easy as dealing with him. Pics to follow on Monday.
Old 11 November 2018, 11:02 AM   #34
Rilz
"TRF" Member

Absolutely! i would do it in a heartbeat I'm a big fan of the omega.
Rilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 11:52 AM   #35
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilz View Post
Absolutely! i would do it in a heartbeat I'm a big fan of the omega.
Did it already just waiting for FedEx in the AM. May have to say I have a cold "cough cough" so I can come home early and size it and start wearing it.

Looks like my Pelagos blue will be up for sale shortly
Old 12 November 2018, 12:39 PM   #36
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
It sounds like you like the Pelagos and just want a change, nothing wrong with that, we've all been there. The Planet Ocean is a real nice piece as well and I'm sure it will be a refreshing change. Enjoy....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 01:18 PM   #37
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
It sounds like you like the Pelagos and just want a change, nothing wrong with that, we've all been there. The Planet Ocean is a real nice piece as well and I'm sure it will be a refreshing change. Enjoy....

Nothing wrong/against with the Pelagos. Always liked the PO. And when it came time for my 2nd watch I wanted something blue. I wanted either an Azzurro Blue DJ with jubilee and fluted bezzle, Pelagos Blue, or PO Titanium Blue. When I was ready to buy I was only able to buy the Pelagos and I never looked backl. Then again I wasn't able to find either of the other 2 at a reasonable price.
After some research I found out Azzurro blue wasn't avaibke in jubilee, and closet I came to the watch was a smooth bezel. I felt even though it was blue I didn't want the same oyster bracelet as my GMT.
So that left the PO and they were hard to find in blue titanium. Seems like the timing was perfect for the PO this time. It was the exact one I was looking for and at a price I couldn't refuse. Review to follow in a few days
Old 12 November 2018, 01:35 PM   #38
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Sounds good

Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 01:36 PM   #39
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
Great choice, I like Tudor but I’d pick the Omega! I just picked up the new Seamaster In blue and I love the blue! Post some pictures.

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 03:38 PM   #40
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

Oh yeah. All day. The 46 titanium is a super piece. I added the micro adjust buckle, made it even better.

Tampashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 04:24 PM   #41
AK DeepSea
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampashooter View Post
Oh yeah. All day. The 46 titanium is a super piece. I added the micro adjust buckle, made it even better.

What’s the part number for the clasp? I would like to add one to my PO GMT and cannot find the correct part number anywhere.
AK DeepSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 09:34 PM   #42
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK DeepSea View Post
What’s the part number for the clasp? I would like to add one to my PO GMT and cannot find the correct part number anywhere.
Did some research and came across this info. Now I want to do this also to my new watch but not sure if the PO has a titanium clasp or is it like many other/even Tudor titanium watches of and has a SS clasp. Now from what I found on a different website is this
117STZ001159
- Length 44mm
- With Diver Extension
- 6 Adjustments

117STZ001154
- Length: 39.5mm
- No Diver Extension
- 6 Adjustments

117STZ004666
- Length: 34.5mm
- No Diver Extension
- 3 Adjustments
Old 12 November 2018, 09:41 PM   #43
PJitz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52 View Post
Omega is a step up from Tudor. Omega all day
In what way apart from potential historical brand prestige? Genuine question - I don’t see it from a quality perspective.
PJitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 09:48 PM   #44
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
Congrats on the Omega and looking forward to some wrist shots! I agree, DavidSW is a real class act and when I decided to tone down my collection he made the process painless and professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 11:10 PM   #45
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
I prefer the look of the Blue Pelagos.
Sublovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2018, 11:33 PM   #46
Tampashooter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liboozers View Post
Did some research and came across this info. Now I want to do this also to my new watch but not sure if the PO has a titanium clasp or is it like many other/even Tudor titanium watches of and has a SS clasp. Now from what I found on a different website is this
117STZ001159
- Length 44mm
- With Diver Extension
- 6 Adjustments

117STZ001154
- No Diver Extension
- 6 Adjustments

117STZ004666
- No Diver Extension
- 3 Adjustments
Only the titanium has a titanium clasp. The others are SS. That being said, the SS clasp will ALSO work on the titanium.
Tampashooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 12:07 AM   #47
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Of the two watches I prefer the Pelagos.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 01:25 AM   #48
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampashooter View Post
Only the titanium has a titanium clasp. The others are SS. That being said, the SS clasp will ALSO work on the titanium.
Ok so I need to see if/how to track down the Titanium Micro Adjustment Clasp part number so I can do that
Old 13 November 2018, 01:45 AM   #49
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Prefer the pelagos.
Old 13 November 2018, 05:27 AM   #50
AK DeepSea
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJitz View Post
In what way apart from potential historical brand prestige? Genuine question - I don’t see it from a quality perspective.
Really? What discernible differences in quality do you see between the two brands? Sure, there are some PM Rolexes that don’t compete with Omega. But I would say the new Seamaster is every bit as quality as the current Submariner.

You’re paying a 70% markup for the Rolex brand and monster marketing budget that Omega does not have. You are NOT paying for a quality difference.

Source: I own both.
Old 13 November 2018, 05:29 AM   #51
AK DeepSea
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liboozers View Post
117STZ001159
- Length 44mm
- With Diver Extension
- 6 Adjustments

117STZ001154
- No Diver Extension
- 6 Adjustments

117STZ004666
- No Diver Extension
- 3 Adjustments
You’re the man, thank you!
Old 13 November 2018, 05:33 AM   #52
stockjock1975
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platona
PO all day, every day. It is an amazing piece. Actually, it’s probably the one watch I would never part with of all my watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stockjock1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 05:40 AM   #53
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
Quote:
Really? What discernible differences in quality do you see between the two brands? Sure, there are some PM Rolexes that don’t compete with Omega. But I would say the new Seamaster is every bit as quality as the current Submariner.

You’re paying a 70% markup for the Rolex brand and monster marketing budget that Omega does not have. You are NOT paying for a quality difference.

Owned many of both and currently own the new Seamaster. Couldn’t have said it better, there is some bias here as it is the Rolex forum, but I can appreciate both.

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 08:21 AM   #54
Jonesy2099
"TRF" Member

Easy, the Omega is the superior watch here. I do like the Pelagos though.
Jonesy2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 12:46 PM   #55
PJitz
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I didn't mention Rolex, but in my experience Omega is not a quantifiable step up from Tudor on the whole.
PJitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 06:41 PM   #56
jezza17
"TRF" Member

Watch: DRSD
Both great divers. Listen to your heart.
jezza17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 10:58 PM   #57
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Okay as I had mentioned all along I want to thank everyone for the input experience and opinions. Just wanted to let everyone know at the watch arrived and I sized it and I'm wearing it as we speak. I will submit pictures later because I have to research how to do so.
Now my brief comparison of the two watches side by side.
Looks - in person the PO has a more refined finish look to it. This watch can be worn both as casual as you would like it to be with jeans and a t-shirt to dressy with a button down shirt. Whereas the pelagos has a more casual look to it.
Fit -the pictures that I saw and even the watch I tried on at the store made it seem like the PO what's going to be a very high/thick watch. Overall it is not that much taller then the pelagos. Overall weight seems to be in favor of the PO.
Comfort - once I got the watch sized it feels on my wrist the same as the pelagos. The only difference which is a plus for me is due to overall with and length of the watch head itself fits my wrist better. I have felt that the pelagos was always a bit to large for my wrist. The only drawback to the PO is when I was sizing it is that the fit but I like to wear my watches at is removing two full links it's too tight for me and removing one is too loose for me. Whereas the pelagos I was able to get an almost perfect fit with just removing links and if it was too tight in the future I was able to use the micro adjustable clasp. I will definitely be looking to source/upgrade the clasp to the newer micro adjustable one. I feel with that then the PO will be a perfect fit for me.
Conclusion - I feel that I made the right decision in purchasing the new watch and as I stated earlier I do not feel the need to keep 2 blue divers in my collection. In the end I do not regret ever getting the pelagos it just so happens that the exact po I was looking for was the right price and that the right time for me to change/upgrade too.
PS not that it matters but my wife likes the PO better overall. She always stated that the pelagos was a little too bright and flashy with the blue that they used.
Old 24 February 2019, 11:17 PM   #58
liboozers
"TRF" Member

Sorry for the delay but I finally learned how to put pics and even though delayed but as promised
Comparing the 2 watches these are from DavidSW who happened to have both in stock at the time

My TI PO LM

The new micro adjustable clasp installed
Old 24 February 2019, 11:25 PM   #59
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I love both watches. I've been eyeballing a blue wave seamaster for a while now. Both Tudor and Omega can coexist nicely in a collection. Hard to go wrong with either. Glad you are happy with your decision.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 12:48 AM   #60
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
I’ve just bought the black wave dial Seamaster Professional that was released last year for my son’s 21st and I have to say it is a fantastic piece. Loads of upgrades, a superb movement with the crystal back and a new 42mm case. Really think Omega have stepped up with this piece.
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote